GFC Superlite Roof Top Tent

BuzzyBud
Oct 13, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

At Super Celebration East we saw the Bronco Overland build with the Yakima Roof Top Tent. The Yakima Skyrise HD Small RTT is an option since it will meet both the dynamic (110lbs) and static (450lbs) weight limits of the roof rack. If you are in the market for a RTT for your Bronco, you might research the GFC Superlite RTT as well. It weighs in at 80lbs.
I have attached a collection of articles and videos for your review. Enjoy!

https://gofastcampers.com/superlite-roof-tent/
https://newatlas.com/outdoors/gfc-superlite-roof-tent/

RedCo, SuzHansen
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

By the way, there is a Bronco image in one of the links above. Wicked cool that the aftermarket is already preparing.
Timothy

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Oct 13, 2020

Thanks for sharing. I like the simple design and easy setup.
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

Awesome. Thanks for sharing this.
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 22, 2020

Its neat. The yakima says it comes with a mattress, while on the GFC it is extra. GFC would be awesome if its an Ursa Minor clone.
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now

Rank V

Dec 23, 2020

The Pros I see with this unit is the weight, hard top, and it states on their webpage that it can hold your sleeping bags and pillows when closed (This is critical). I am curious about the ladder storage for this RTT since it will most likely be necessary for the Bronco. I suspect the ladder has to be stored inside the Bronco. Thanks for sharing and if anyone does end up purchasing this until would really like your opinion.
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 23, 2020

I am curious about the ladder storage for this RTT since it will most likely be necessary for the Bronco. I suspect the ladder has to be stored inside the Bronco.

Justin to the rescue. I have qued the video up to the spot (4:10) where Justin describes options for the ladder. Hope this helps.

Timothy, Hobgoblin

Rank V

Dec 23, 2020

Justin to the rescue. I have qued the video up to the spot (4:10) where Justin describes options for the ladder. Hope this helps.

Very nice! Definitely on the radar. Thanks again for sharing.
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

I woke up early this morning (joys of getting old, I guess) and watched this same video :)
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Dec 27, 2020

I am curious about the ladder storage for this RTT since it will most likely be necessary for the Bronco. I suspect the ladder has to be stored inside the Bronco.

Here is another approach to getting inside your RTT. I rather like this versus setting up and storing a separate ladder. This device can also be used to more easily access gear on your roof rack.
Rear door spare tyre step ladder, roof rack access, strap on spare wheel (kaon.com.au)
Stereo, Bronc96

Rank 0

Dec 27, 2020

I think I want one. Sleeping on the ground where all the creepy crawlies are never was something I liked to do.
I‘m going to have to switch my wish list to items for overlanding.
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jan 14, 2021

I ordered my Superlite from GFC yesterday. I actually tried to order a Roofnest Falcon the previous night, but their website was freezing on my phone and I was unable to enter a discount code I had. I guess that wasn’t in the cards.

As I watched videos in my free time for the Falcon, the GFC Superlite video came up again, yeah, the Falcon has the channel for accessories and is really well built, I was sold on that, until I compared pricing!

The Superlite is $2,000 less expensive than the other one, and that included me buying the ladder and mattress separately.

$2,000 is a lot of fuel! I’m planning a trip, leaving Tampa, FL, and driving to Big Bend National Park, Tombstone AZ, Prescott, AZ, Jerome, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Santa Fe, NM, Palo Duro Canyob, hitting DFW, and then heading home. Over 4,000 miles, a trip at 5,000 miles at 15mpg is $833 ($2.50 per gallon). That leaves $1200 for other things!
KD6TAV, Hobgoblin

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 14, 2021

I ordered my Superlite from GFC yesterday. I actually tried to order a Roofnest Falcon the previous night, but their website was freezing on my phone and I was unable to enter a discount code I had. I guess that wasn’t in the cards.

As I watched videos in my free time for the Falcon, the GFC Superlite video came up again, yeah, the Falcon has the channel for accessories and is really well built, I was sold on that, until I compared pricing!

The Superlite is $2,000 less expensive than the other one, and that included me buying the ladder and mattress separately.

$2,000 is a lot of fuel! I’m planning a trip, leaving Tampa, FL, and driving to Big Bend National Park, Tombstone AZ, Prescott, AZ, Jerome, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Santa Fe, NM, Palo Duro Canyob, hitting DFW, and then heading home. Over 4,000 miles, a trip at 5,000 miles at 15mpg is $833 ($2.50 per gallon). That leaves $1200 for other things!
Very envious. That is one heck of a road trip and I looovvvvveeee road trips!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
KD6TAV, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jan 14, 2021

Very envious. That is one heck of a road trip and I looovvvvveeee road trips!
Been planning it nearly 3 years now. When my oldest son went from 5th to 6th (went from elementary to middle school), we took a trip from Florida, to Sam Houston National Park in Texas, then on to Nashville, TN, back through Georgia home. We made it a themed trip, checked out roadside attractions with animals - Slap Yo Momma’s BBQ in Biloxi has a pig on a car. We saw the Rooster ElCaminos, the live tiger at a Tiger Truck Stop.

I took a solo road trip once and one of the kids left a stuffed Yoda in the back seat. He and I hit Neptune Beach FL, before heading up through GA and SC looking for photo ops! The kids loved my updates as I texted mom!

Attachments

Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud