Help, I want to spend my 340 and change from Momma Ford on a Outerbanks or Big Bend Grill. Help!

Porkchop4464
Jul 21, 2022

Rank V

Jul 21, 2022

Okay,

So, when I bought this thing (which I absolutely love and adore) I was promised 340 bucks and change b/c I waited so long (in Ford points).

I want to buy an Outerbanks grill and paint it aluminim colored llke the older 60/70s grills.

Does anyone know if Ford have a master parts site where I can use my Ford points online to buy this grill?

Has anyone spent your Ford points yet?

I have heard that the Outerbanks and Big Bend grills come with six holes and primed? Anyone have knoweldge in any of this regarding purchasing grills and finishing?

I saw on Sleabay that they have Raptor knock off grill for $450 brand new (funny how they blur the large block Ford Letters). I think that is cool as well, but I want oem na def want the the large six holed grill which is Outerbanks and er, I think it looks more like amid 79s F100 grill which is teh kind of look I am aiming for

Pork

This grill and feel /aluma-60/70s vibish... Get it?

1658434145878.png
LR48, BuckYeah
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2022

Rank V

Jul 21, 2022

Kind of this look
1658434508444.png

Rank VI

Jul 21, 2022

Okay,

So, when I bought this thing (which I absolutely love and adore) I was promised 340 bucks and change b/c I waited so long (in Ford points).

I want to buy an Outerbanks grill and paint it aluminim colored llke the older 60/70s grills.

Does anyone know if Ford have a master parts site where I can use my Ford points online to buy this grill?

I have heard that the Outerbanks and Big Bend grills come with six holes and primed? Anyone have knoweldge in any of this regarding purchasing grills and finishing?

I saw on Sleabay that they have Raptor knock off grill for $450 brand new (funny how they blur the large block Ford Letters). I think that is cool as well, but I want oem na def want the the large six holed grill which is Outerbanks and er, I think it looks more like amid 79s F100 grill which is teh kind of look I am aiming for

Pork

View attachment 40320

Call your local dealership. I needed a part for my Mustang and ordered it through the dealership and used points with them. That's your best bet.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
LR48, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 21, 2022

Here is the one I was talking about.

1658435079236.png

Rank V

Jul 21, 2022

I would stick with OEM and just paint it.

Rank V

Jul 21, 2022

Okay,

Just sharing. I ordered the grill and all they needed was my email over the phone to get my 310 bucks. 350 was wishful thinking.

So, the grill comes primed ready for paint and I had to add 190 and change to the 310 as the total grill was a hair over 500 with delivery, which I have to go to Goshen Ford and pick it up this Tuesday (so they say).

Now with this thing being $500, I am afraid to rattle can it I have a gun and compressor in the garage but I don't have the paint.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good solid silver/gray that will get me looking like what I am talking thinking about?

I was also thinking maybe going Audi airplane silver metallic silver, but that would take it in a different but still fun direction.
'

Ya know, This is gonna be a nother 70 bucks in supplies if I don't rattle can it.

Think is, if I rattle can it, I know I am taking a cheap way out on a 500 dollar grill. I could clear it with a second rattle can, however.

Thoughts/suggestions

Problems, problems!

The Pork

Rank V

Jul 21, 2022

I would stick with OEM and just paint it.

Would def be cheaper to just rattle-can the base grill for sure. But... DAMN! I LOVE that 6-holed grill. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it in the demo vid Ford put out two years ago. They had it with that "robins egg blue" they never quite released. I think it turned into Area 51?

I already ordered the grill. Course, I could just not pick it up. Thing is, I made a vow to never fudge, cut, destroy or modify anything original on the truck. I know, pretty stupid considering Bronos campiaghn, but everythig I have modded/changed out has been boxed up and stored in my tool chest.

Pork
Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Jul 21, 2022

You could always get a good can of 2K paint and Clear. now which color I can't help with that.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

No Ragerts

Jul 21, 2022

Hey @Porkchop4464 i like the direction you are going.

There are aluminum/shiny base coat paints that you can use to get the effect you are looking for. Check out paintscratch.com - I ordered a couple of rattle cans for Carbonized Grey from them along with clear coat and painted the beauty rings on my Sasquatch rims and they came out great. I have a HVLP gun too but for ease of use, I bought rattle cans - they also sell pints/quarts/gallons etc.

A good paint job is all about preparation and even though the grille will arrive as primer and ready to paint, you should thoroughly clean it and likely give it a nice wet sanding with 2000 and then clean it again with denatured alcohol to ensure a nice outcome.

Worst case scenario if you screw up the painting, a local body shop can correct it all for your for a few bucks. But, I have confidence and think you should go for it! Nothing more satisfying than a good DIY project and ensuing compliments…
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Porkchop4464, Jakob1972

Member 2541 Jerry

Jul 21, 2022

The Black Diamond Grill is closest to the 60s Bronco grill.CF809E75-4933-4CA6-81C1-EC90A3DC0B86.pngA53D331F-ADAA-46FA-8939-9C1B4CCD978F.png
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Porkchop4464, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jul 22, 2022

Okay,

Pork

View attachment 40320
My 2022 OB just arrived last month. I have replaced the OEM Grill with the Badlands Grill. So it only has 3 weeks of drive time. I am willing to part ways with it. If you are still in the market for one.
2022/Outer Banks/Cyber Orange/2 Door/Hardtop/Sasquatch
Porkchop4464, Bronco Hueso

Rank V

Jul 23, 2022

There are aluminum/shiny base coat paints that you can use to get the effect you are looking for. Check out paintscratch.com - I ordered a couple of rattle cans for Carbonized Grey from them along with clear coat and painted the beauty rings on my Sasquatch rims and they came out great. I have a HVLP gun too but for ease of use, I bought rattle cans - they also sell pints/quarts/gallons etc.

A good paint job is all about preparation and even though the grille will arrive as primer and ready to paint, you should thoroughly clean it and likely give it a nice wet sanding with 2000 and then clean it again with denatured alcohol to ensure a nice outcome.

Worst case scenario if you screw up the painting, a local body shop can correct it all for your for a few bucks. But, I have confidence and think you should go for it! Nothing more satisfying than a good DIY project and ensuing compliments…

Bschurr!

First, sorry for responding late, stepped away from the site for a day or two. Thanks for the info! Already ordered the touch up pens and will look over grill options! As usual, you are on the money, buddy! Never steered me wrong yet.

Pork
Bschurr, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 23, 2022

My 2022 OB just arrived last month. I have replaced the OEM Grill with the Badlands Grill. So it only has 3 weeks of drive time. I am willing to part ways with it. If you are still in the market for one.
Bronco Lou!

Of course, always my luck, a day late... I went and ordered it already. Thanks for offereing though.
Pork

Rank V

Jul 23, 2022

The Black Diamond Grill is closest to the 60s Bronco grill.View attachment 40360View attachment 40361
Love it. Amazing how that shift in color makes a big difference. Looking snazzy!
14U

Rank V

Jul 23, 2022

Absolutely! I think your right. As long as I really take my time and use decent paint, all should go off without a hitch. I do worry the typical rattlecan overspray fade that happens anytime you do a large peice, but the grilll has so many openings and is relativley a narrow, I am hoping there will be little issue with such.

Pork
Bschurr

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Jul 25, 2022

Okay,

Pork

View attachment 40320
I have an OB , are you looking for a part # ? I can try to scour the back and look for the part # or you may be able to find an OB for sale online and use the VIN on the Ford Parts site to look up replacement parts and order the grille. I agree the idea of white or silver/chrome(ish) would look great and retro.