Do the fender flairs also have the option to lock them onto the vehicle?

Broncofly
May 02, 2021

Rank VI

May 02, 2021

Probably answered several times before or in one of the many videos……..but…….Can you LOCK the fender flairs onto your Bronco? I’m only asking because I can see some not so honest people go around stealing fender flairs…….like Tacoma tailgates, like cutting catalytic converters or some other “easy how to” video that gets posted to the web?!

Don’t get me wrong, I love the feature but can some of the latching pins have locks or a tool required to twist them?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
Giuseppe, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: May 02, 2021

Rank VI

May 02, 2021

I think people will just steal the whole bronco.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Giuseppe, matwats

Rank VI

May 02, 2021

BRILLIANT!! That’s the kinda of thinking we’re looking for! :LOL:

I’m obviously not thinking this through……. Please disregard my non thought through thinking.:p

This is what I get for drinking and writing.:LOL:
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
KennyMac, Giggles

Wank ER

May 02, 2021

I am in the same boat - I bet they are sold in pairs and cost more than they are worth. I like the fender option seen on the 4wp Bronco. "Fender Deletes" or something like that.
It would be nice if that was what was left when you chose to take them off. Might be an early purchase for me.

1619932272474.png
2021 FE Cactus Grey
matwats, Ian Lacasse

Libations MOD

May 02, 2021

Agreed it would take more time to remove the flairs then steal the whole truck, plus its not a truck that parts are in demand for
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
ChetC, Rgwinn

Wank ER

May 02, 2021

Agreed it would take more time to remove the flairs then steal the whole truck, plus its not a truck that parts are in demand for
Yet.....
2021 FE Cactus Grey
ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

May 02, 2021

Yet.....
oh down the road they maybe will be based on the price of AM or OEM options but still would be way quicker to jack the whole truck then work on 4 fender flairs
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Rgwinn

Rank II

May 02, 2021

Hoping for gorilla warflares option.
BuffaloBronco

Rank V

May 03, 2021

I can see these getting stolen quite often. The first mod will be a flare delete on mine.
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."

Rank VI

May 03, 2021

What's the point of stealing them though? To whom will they be sold? The a/m has been offering fender flares for every 4x4 since, well, if I remember right, it was just after man harnessed the power of the sun and created fire. Who will be the market for stolen (used) fender flares (yeah, the guy that just had them stolen)?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Cornwelltoolman, Deano Bronc

Rank V

May 03, 2021

What's the point of stealing them though? To whom will they be sold? The a/m has been offering fender flares for every 4x4 since, well, if I remember right, it was just after man harnessed the power of the sun and created fire. Who will be the market for stolen (used) fender flares (yeah, the guy that just had them stolen)?
they will probably be stolen by people who break or damage theirs I'm guessing. I mean I've had my tailgate stolen from my truck then I bought a locking on so there is that.
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

May 03, 2021

Be thankful you are not waiting on a new Shelby with the carbon fiber package, people are stealing the carbon wheels during transport, $11,500 per set, if you can get them.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Deano Bronc, Deepshag

Rank 0

Jan 12, 2022

When does that stop anyone?

Formerly True

Jan 14, 2022

Someone stole my spare tire and my support the troops magnet from my s-10. Some people like to steal things just to steal.

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 14, 2022

Probably answered several times before or in one of the many videos……..but…….Can you LOCK the fender flairs onto your Bronco? I’m only asking because I can see some not so honest people go around stealing fender flairs…….like Tacoma tailgates, like cutting catalytic converters or some other “easy how to” video that gets posted to the web?!

Don’t get me wrong, I love the feature but can some of the latching pins have locks or a tool required to twist them?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
I have a pretty good feeling that any thieves that would want anything as stated earlier would just steal the whole vehicle. However they more than likely go after the Wheels, Catalytic Converter, and any items left in the vehicle, and so on. I think what you would see is a vehicle sitting on blocks and the Windows smashed in, but at least you would still have your fender flairs. ;)
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.

Rank V

Jan 14, 2022

Yes I wish someone would think of a way to stop this from happening too.