Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 2, 2021
Sacramento, California
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Lennon
Remind me again what you can get on a Wildtrak that you can’t get on a Badlands.
It's not about features, cuz just about every feature can be had on just about every trim (with some exceptions of course)

What cannot be had are interior colors, accent colors, and flooring options. And when it comes to those the WT and BL are an opposite ends of the spectrum.

Most folks pick their trim based on interior colors/features and then option it out to their liking.

So The closest match to a WT is actually a BB If you stay with the mid package. Otherwise you're only other choice is OBx But it has an entirely different interior color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronco*girl66

Cohm0902

Rank III

Advocate II

Apr 21, 2021
Carrlton, Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ohm
Member #

I placed my order for a Wildtrak in first week in April 2021, i understand i wont be getting it til 2022. ive heard from others that you need to go back and reorder what you want....is that true? i also heard that if you have a 2021 ordre they would honor the MIC hardtop yet if you didnt switch to softtop by a certain date, but would be waiting awhile for one. Also heard your order will carry over, keep your time stamp and if you didnt add anything to your order you dont need to reorder. My salesmanager told me that. So wondering what to believe..

John Taylor

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 15, 2021
Petaluma California
First Name
John
Last Name
Taylor
From Dusty Rhodes:

View attachment 17094

Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. So far, the Wildtrak trim has only been available with a hard top for both 2- and 4-door units. The hard top prep kit will be included, and the previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option.

In an apparent effort to lower complexity and remove constraints, Ford announced the 2022 model year move to dealers today. Although the 2021 model year is likely to run late into the fourth quarter, dealers and consumers are expected to see additional news related to 2022 model year changes over the next few days.

Greatest of All Tops?
Currently, unscheduled orders with hard tops have been moved to MY22. Additionally, Ford announced last week that consumers with hard tops will be offered a replacement. Who would have thought when the 2021 Bronco was revealed a year ago that the focus of the launch would be a molded top?

So with an unprecedented 125,000 Bronco orders in the bank, this news on a popular model should begin to ease production concerns.

This is the latest move Ford has taken to alleviate address hard top issues, other items the company has offered include:

• Exclusive promotional items (such as the design development poster)
  • Invites to exclusive Ride and Drive events
  • Invite to Off-Roadeo ahead of vehicle delivery
  • $250 voucher to Off-Roadeo
  • Up to $1,100 in FordPass rewards points
  • Price protection until ’23
  • Free hard top prep kit
  • Free NVH headliner
We expect an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have built units held at the assembly plant (September timing estimate), and an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have been scheduled (October timing estimate).

Bronco Roof Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.

Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ’21 Wildtrak?
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.

Q: If I want to switch my order to a soft top, when do I need to do this by?
A: We can expect additional information in the days to come.

Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ’22?
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.

For additional FAQs regarding tops, visit the Ford support pages. The company is continually adding to these resources.
So, If I'm reading this right Ford is no longer offering the 2 door model period? Since you CANNOT BUY a 2 door with a hardtop or a soft top what options are left? There is no longer any discussions of 2 door models.....why?

John Taylor

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 15, 2021
Petaluma California
First Name
John
Last Name
Taylor
It was a rhetorical question since you can option the Badlands up to the Wildtrak spec aside from the stickers. The minor stuff isn’t enough to quibble about.
It bears the question, Why have both model trims? The WT and BadL are so similar. Seems one model with additional trims is simpler way to achieve the same results. But then again I ordered a 2 door so I don't get one since they won't make hard tops or soft tops for the 2 door.

• Wow

Bronco*girl66

Rank 0

Advocate II

Aug 23, 2021
Homer, Calhoun County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Gia
Last Name
Hoag
Member #

Where are you getting all these assumptions. Ford couldn't have been more clear on what is going on right now. Nothing said that there were no more Wildtraks being produced this year. Nothing was said that those of us being pushed to MY22. On the contrary, Ford believes they will be producing the MIC hardtop Broncos this year and in MY22. Ford suggested MY21 order holders to change to soft top if they wanted to improve their chance of receiving early. If the price of the Wildtrak is reduced $693, then it makes sense if you want a hard top that the decrease is added to the soft top order.

Hey, when my anxiety kicks in, I take a few edibles and calm down...
I thought the FE were the only things being produced till the end of the year. Then the FE's become Heritage editions. Also they are trying to clear out dirt mountain so as tops come in the bronco 's go out.

Cohm0902

Rank III

Advocate II

Apr 21, 2021
Carrlton, Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ohm
Member #

It's not about features, cuz just about every feature can be had on just about every trim (with some exceptions of course)

What cannot be had are interior colors, accent colors, and flooring options. And when it comes to those the WT and BL are an opposite ends of the spectrum.

Most folks pick their trim based on interior colors/features and then option it out to their liking.

So The closest match to a WT is actually a BB If you stay with the mid package. Otherwise you're only other choice is OBx But it has an entirely different interior color.
Badlands have sway bar disconnect and crawl mode. Wildtrak sits higher and wider with the stock sasquatch package and has race mode.

addbettis

Rank 0

Advocate I

Mar 15, 2021
Cumming, GA, USA
First Name
Addison
Last Name
Bettis
At this point what's the difference between a Wildtrack and a Badlands?
It's significantly cheaper
At this point what's the difference between a Wildtrack and a Badlands?
The Wildtrak already including the 2.7 Engine and Sasquatch Package is a lot less expensive than doing a Badlands or even an Outerbanks with the same build. I was going to switch my Wildtrak to a Badlands because of the MIC roof issue and it was over $2k cheaper to have a WildTrak than a jacked up Badlands.

Chaos

Rank II

Supporter I

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema
It's significantly cheaper

The Wildtrak already including the 2.7 Engine and Sasquatch Package is a lot less expensive than doing a Badlands or even an Outerbanks with the same build. I was going to switch my Wildtrak to a Badlands because of the MIC roof issue and it was over $2k cheaper to have a WildTrak than a jacked up Badlands.
That is because the Badlands is standard with the front sway bar disconnect. Mechanically speaking this is the only difference between a SAS equipped Badlands and a Wildtrak. There are numerous interior and exterior differences ranging from paint and color finishes and a few standard and optional parts/accessories, along with some computer programing differences, etc., which have been outlined multiple times in this thread and yet people seem to not really understand and keep coming back to this. They are different. You can order them similarly equipped is the Badlands is optioned with SAS, but they will still differ in some big ways.

Bike007b

Rank V

Supporter III

Feb 12, 2021
Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hauritz
Member #

Wildtrak is not available with the MGV, Badlands is not available with stickers.
Black Diamond is a badlands without the disconnect and not available high or lux group.
Prices reflect the components in each.

Bike007b

Rank V

Supporter III

Feb 12, 2021
Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hauritz
Member #

Wildtrak is not available with the MGV, Badlands is not available with stickers.
Black Diamond is a badlands without the disconnect and not available high or lux group.
Prices reflect the components in each.
Wildtrak does not have disconnect available as discussed.