From the Latest News Page: Wildtrak Gets Soft Top for 2022

David
Aug 19, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 19, 2021

From Dusty Rhodes:

Tops Article-12.jpg

Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. So far, the Wildtrak trim has only been available with a hard top for both 2- and 4-door units. The hard top prep kit will be included, and the previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option.

In an apparent effort to lower complexity and remove constraints, Ford announced the 2022 model year move to dealers today. Although the 2021 model year is likely to run late into the fourth quarter, dealers and consumers are expected to see additional news related to 2022 model year changes over the next few days.

Greatest of All Tops?
Currently, unscheduled orders with hard tops have been moved to MY22. Additionally, Ford announced last week that consumers with hard tops will be offered a replacement. Who would have thought when the 2021 Bronco was revealed a year ago that the focus of the launch would be a molded top?

So with an unprecedented 125,000 Bronco orders in the bank, this news on a popular model should begin to ease production concerns.

This is the latest move Ford has taken to alleviate address hard top issues, other items the company has offered include:

• Exclusive promotional items (such as the design development poster)
  • Invites to exclusive Ride and Drive events
  • Invite to Off-Roadeo ahead of vehicle delivery
  • $250 voucher to Off-Roadeo
  • Up to $1,100 in FordPass rewards points
  • Price protection until ’23
  • Free hard top prep kit
  • Free NVH headliner
We expect an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have built units held at the assembly plant (September timing estimate), and an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have been scheduled (October timing estimate).

Bronco Roof Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.

Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ’21 Wildtrak?
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.

Q: If I want to switch my order to a soft top, when do I need to do this by?
A: We can expect additional information in the days to come.

Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ’22?
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.

For additional FAQs regarding tops, visit the Ford support pages. The company is continually adding to these resources.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
WeakNinja, Broncofly
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2021

Libations MOD

Aug 19, 2021

So, guessing that means that the MIC is still having issues, and this is a way to break that news to WT owners that the MICs will be way into 2022
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
SuperMike, NickP

Rank VI

Aug 19, 2021

So, guessing that means that the MIC is still having issues, and this is a way to break that news to WT owners that the MICs will be way into 2022
Could be that they're trying to free up supply by shifting the impatient to soft tops but seems that hard tops will be constrained for a while.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
travisdougan, SlashRacer

Rank V

Aug 19, 2021

Interesting call. I think if they reduce the price by the $695 this is only a good thing, you can get the benefits of the WT and (hopefully)get it sooner as well.

Can’t wait to learn more about ‘22 MY that’s for sure!
Bronc96, SouthernSparty

Rank XII

Aug 19, 2021

As long as we don't hear, "Ford has confirmed that the 2-door Broncos will come standard with 2 'supplemental' doors and a soft top for the 2022 model year."

Got no VIN....returning to my hole.
LR48, FOMOYOLO

Rank V

Aug 20, 2021

So it sounds like, they will not be building really any more wildtraks for 2021 and they are trying to push those of us being forced over into a 22 model year to get soft tops, that or change our orders to badlands and lower trims.
If they now charge us for the hard tops that was previously standard on our orders, that will be it for me. Happy for all those people with Badland orders that switch to the softie and now have build dates, but that is like pouring salt into our wounds.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
LR48, travisdougan

Rank V

Aug 20, 2021

At this point what's the difference between a Wildtrack and a Badlands?
KennyMac

Rank V

Aug 20, 2021

Wildtrak is standard with the Sasquatch package, has sport goat mode, and gloss painted mirrors, differences in colors on the interior and (originally a few other differences as standard that became impossible to get). Badland is not standard with Sasquatch but does have a slight lift standard and similar suspension with the sway bar disconnect and rock crawl mode and rock rails, but no sport mode. Color difference on interior. All Sasquatch equipped trims are or can be mechanically similar, and differ really only in color or finish types, with the exception of the sway bar disconnect only available on the badlands and the first edition.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
Rhiostatic, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 20, 2021

Wildtrak is standard with the Sasquatch package, has sport goat mode, and gloss painted mirrors, differences in colors on the interior and (originally a few other differences as standard that became impossible to get). Badland is not standard with Sasquatch but does have a slight lift standard and similar suspension with the sway bar disconnect and rock crawl mode and rock rails, but no sport mode. Color difference on interior. All Sasquatch equipped trims are or can be mechanically similar, and differ really only in color or finish types, with the exception of the sway bar disconnect only available on the badlands and the first edition.

It was a rhetorical question since you can option the Badlands up to the Wildtrak spec aside from the stickers. The minor stuff isn’t enough to quibble about.
KennyMac

Rank V

Aug 20, 2021

It was a rhetorical question since you can option the Badlands up to the Wildtrak spec aside from the stickers. The minor stuff isn’t enough to quibble about.
Rhetorical or not, they are inherently different and designed to be different. You can add the Sasquatch package to a base Badlands, but that does not make it the same as a wildtrak. The badlands comes with mechanical and software features you can't get on a wildtrak. It is not as simple as adding aftermarket items and making clones. Much of it is silly, but they were trying to make these trims distinct, and were successful to a point.
Rhiostatic, Ian Lacasse

Rank II

Aug 21, 2021

Like just about everything! Seriously you couldn't have picked two trims farther apart in features.

Rank V

Aug 21, 2021

Like just about everything! Seriously you couldn't have picked two trims farther apart in features.
Remind me again what you can get on a Wildtrak that you can’t get on a Badlands.

Rank V

Aug 21, 2021

Remind me again what you can get on a Wildtrak that you can’t get on a Badlands.
Stickers.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
LR48, Pakrat

Rank IV

Aug 21, 2021

Tube steps
Pakrat, KennyMac

Rank V

Aug 21, 2021

Tube steps and stickers are about as far apart as two vehicles can get.
KennyMac

Rank IV

Aug 21, 2021

Tube steps and stickers are about as far apart as two vehicles can get.
I’m not wrong though lol! some of us need the steps
Bronco*girl66

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2021

So it sounds like, they will not be building really any more wildtraks for 2021 and they are trying to push those of us being forced over into a 22 model year to get soft tops, that or change our orders to badlands and lower trims.
If they now charge us for the hard tops that was previously standard on our orders, that will be it for me. Happy for all those people with Badland orders that switch to the softie and now have build dates, but that is like pouring salt into our wounds.
Where are you getting all these assumptions. Ford couldn't have been more clear on what is going on right now. Nothing said that there were no more Wildtraks being produced this year. Nothing was said that those of us being pushed to MY22. On the contrary, Ford believes they will be producing the MIC hardtop Broncos this year and in MY22. Ford suggested MY21 order holders to change to soft top if they wanted to improve their chance of receiving early. If the price of the Wildtrak is reduced $693, then it makes sense if you want a hard top that the decrease is added to the soft top order.

Hey, when my anxiety kicks in, I take a few edibles and calm down...
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
LR48, TK1215

Rank V

Aug 23, 2021

Where are you getting all these assumptions. Ford couldn't have been more clear on what is going on right now. Nothing said that there were no more Wildtraks being produced this year. Nothing was said that those of us being pushed to MY22. On the contrary, Ford believes they will be producing the MIC hardtop Broncos this year and in MY22. Ford suggested MY21 order holders to change to soft top if they wanted to improve their chance of receiving early. If the price of the Wildtrak is reduced $693, then it makes sense if you want a hard top that the decrease is added to the soft top order.

Hey, when my anxiety kicks in, I take a few edibles and calm down...
These really aren't assumptions. Ford has basically lined this out. They made the soft top standard on the wildtrak for 22. They are replacing older tops first with the new tops when available. They are seemingly not producing or building very few hardtops as all of them have ended up over in the holding lot lately due to bad tops, and what they have are being reserved for first edition builds. It would seem that every build that was scheduled last week was a soft top, mostly people that recently just changed from MIC to soft.

Ford has already said, if your order is a hardtop and are not scheduled right now, and are not a first edition order, then you will be getting a 22 model year vehicle. Wildtraks are only hardtops for 21. They have point blank said that a consumer cannot get a wildtrak with a soft top as a 21, even though some were sent to dealers.

The only assumption or speculation is what they will be doing with regard to pricing.

Clarity, they could have been far more clear. Their idea of clarity is as clear as Flint Michigan providing safe drinking water.

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2021

Must be a computer generated image, because those back windows are WAY less wavy than any of the ones I've seen in person.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
travisdougan, KennyMac

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2021

These really aren't assumptions. Ford has basically lined this out. They made the soft top standard on the wildtrak for 22. They are replacing older tops first with the new tops when available. They are seemingly not producing or building very few hardtops as all of them have ended up over in the holding lot lately due to bad tops, and what they have are being reserved for first edition builds. It would seem that every build that was scheduled last week was a soft top, mostly people that recently just changed from MIC to soft.

Ford has already said, if your order is a hardtop and are not scheduled right now, and are not a first edition order, then you will be getting a 22 model year vehicle. Wildtraks are only hardtops for 21. They have point blank said that a consumer cannot get a wildtrak with a soft top as a 21, even though some were sent to dealers.

The only assumption or speculation is what they will be doing with regard to pricing.

Clarity, they could have been far more clear. Their idea of clarity is as clear as Flint Michigan providing safe drinking water.
So you are referring to the Wildtrac. Ford has a solution for the hard top and that is why they committed to all the hardtop orders on hold and the ones sold. The only reason they aren't doing more is availability and the time it will take to replace all the hard tops on the Broncos produced and sitting on their lot. I fully expect to see my Bronco in January or February.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches