San Dimas, CA, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Quezada
Member #

Read the original post, answers your question
[
Looking at the original post it says that conversions from this day forward will include it at no cost. Pretty sure that means 2022. Since 2021conversions close today.
Looks like you’re just assuming and the article doesn’t clearly state this for 2022

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I’m sorry I should have clarified on that. I meant David’s original post and his follow up post. I was thinking when it said orders today and beyond to add it for free that’s what it means. I am by no means an authority on this I am only relaying what I am reading from Ford. They could be wrong. I have the MIC option but I couldn’t get the headliner originally and now I can. My dealership verified it last night. I am only on here to try and help people out who are stressing over things that are out of their control. Just trying to keep it positive here. When I read that it is available on all hardtop builds regardless it sounds like Ford is including future builds and all hardtop builds, because that’s what it says. Ford could be wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time Ford employees put out ambiguous information.

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
What about the people that bought Wildtrak, Lux, Shadow Black Hard Top?

Ford, "Nah."
Check out David's clarification post:

A little commentary here:
Our initial communications from Ford, the ones that produced the article, centered on MIC tops. That’s why the article focuses on MIC. The dealer communication states: “The Sound Deadening Headliner is now available across the entire 2021 Model Year Bronco hard top model lineup regardless of selected options for no charge ($495 value).” So, stands to reason that it’s all hard tops, not just MIC.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

if you have a hard top of any kind you should be covered. Just going off of Fords own memo. We know that the MIC of any persuasion are covered.How about Someone who has a painted hardtop option either A) call or email their dealer to add the option or B) wait for the emails that Ford are sending out on the 22nd and try then. Ultimately that will be the only way this will be resolved. Because there are two camps and trains of thought regarding what the email says or doesn’t say. Again let’s stay positive and focused here. I think that one day we may get these bad boys in our driveways! (y)

Tme

Rank 0

Advocate I

Mar 20, 2021
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Tiffany
Last Name
Ellingson
Has anyone figured out how to order the sound deadening on the 2.7L? You can get it to add on the 2d bl but not the 4d.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gutter Clown

KennyMac

Rank IV

Supporter III

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
I'll be taking delivery in Iowa and driving it back (probably late '21 or early '22), but that's still pretty far out of the way. Do your plans happen to include a trip to Moab for the Off-Roadeo? I think I remember you mentioning Colorado....
Yeah, might be easier to find someone closer though.
We plan to be in CO for July 4th, but when I asked my magic 8 ball if we will have the Bronco by then, all I got was "Reply hazy, try again"
So, hard to say anything for sure yet. But the week and a half off work for that trip makes another road trip out west this year unlikely. My wife is eyeing Vermont for the off-roadeo. I need more vacation time!

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I am guessing that there will be no action needed on anyone's part unless you want to opt in with the wash out interior...
I am guessing that this thread will get quiet. Looks like the hardest decision people are gonna have to make is getting free headliner:p I have opted in to get the headliner, even though my BL has the wash out floor. I am thinking of going old school scotch guard on the liner!

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
I am guessing that this thread will get quiet. Looks like the hardest decision people are gonna have to make is getting free headliner:p I have opted in to get the headliner, even though my BL has the wash out floor. I am thinking of going old school scotch guard on the liner!
Same config and opted for headliner. I didn't think of scotch guard.

The pictures almost make me think of the soft side of Velcro though

Squatchin'

Rank 0

Advocate I

Oct 22, 2020
Searcy, AR, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Harness
It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I don't think I want the sound deadening. I'm getting a 2 door Badlands with MGV seats and rubber floor. I plan on using my Bronco for what it was designed for and the more surfaces that are easy to clean the better. More often than not mine will have various parts removed (doors, part or all of the roof) so I didn't plan on it ever being a quiet ride anyway. I think it's great that Ford is offering this, but I am gonna pass on it.

brandon1282

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 13, 2020
Marquette, MI, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Denucci
Here’s an idea: just make all Broncos MY22s. That way FEs can still all be delivered as 1st MY vehicles and those wanting the MOD Top can still get them on FEs