Rank IV

Supporter III

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
Hmmm, what if I don't want the headliner in my Base? I'd like the option to wash off the roof panels too, even though I can't get the MGV interior. I'll gladly trade my headliners for the rubberized floor mats and cargo area protector.
I've ordered the BL with MGV. Since that makes it optional for me, if you were close to me, I'd offer to order mine without and trade tops with you. But, AL to CA is a bit of a road trip, might not be able to make that one this year on top of all the other plans...

Reactions: TorgSurv

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Moab, Ut
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

I've ordered the BL with MGV. Since that makes it optional for me, if you were close to me, I'd offer to order mine without and trade tops with you. But, AL to CA is a bit of a road trip, might not be able to make that one this year on top of all the other plans...
I'll be taking delivery in Iowa and driving it back (probably late '21 or early '22), but that's still pretty far out of the way. Do your plans happen to include a trip to Moab for the Off-Roadeo? I think I remember you mentioning Colorado....
Yeah, might be easier to find someone closer though.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

This is great news for everyone, however, it is yet another piece of the First Edition "cost" being reduced, changed or erased. Will those who are paying for the Sound Deadening now have their sales price reduced? That was a feature built into the price I am paying. Again - Happy for everyone, but I thought of this as a feature in the FE build. Another plus for Bad Lands and a step back for FE buyers. Let's hope the $ is refunded.
Anyone who paid for the sound deadening headliner gets the price reduced no matter which model, and people who couldn’t get it before, for whatever reason, can now get it for free also. As long as they have ordered the MIC or hard top for their build.

Reactions: Gutter Clown

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
The only people that will have the option for or without are BL with MGV. All other trim levels are standard option.

According to the post those people will be contacted around 3/22/21.

Also keep in mind only 21MY will get this feature free. So 22MY will have to pay for it in one way or the other. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: Grooticus

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

The only people that will have the option for or without are BL with MGV. All other trim levels are standard option.

According to the post those people will be contacted around 3/22/21.

Also keep in mind only 21MY will get this feature free. So 22MY will have to pay for it in one way or the other. :confused:
95BB6743-F3E2-4B42-A763-77E22C075C78.png

Reactions: Deano Bronc

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Looking at the original post it says that conversions from this day forward will include it at no cost. Pretty sure that means 2022. Since 2021conversions close today.

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Looking at the original post it says that conversions from this day forward will include it at no cost. Pretty sure that means 2022. Since 2021conversions close today.
They will bake it into the vehicle cost. They won't want to give it away for ever. Just like any standard option on a vehicle is baked into the MSRP.

Last edited:

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

A little commentary here:
Our initial communications from Ford, the ones that produced the article, centered on MIC tops. That’s why the article focuses on MIC. The dealer communication states: “The Sound Deadening Headliner is now available across the entire 2021 Model Year Bronco hard top model lineup regardless of selected options for no charge ($495 value).” So, stands to reason that it’s all hard tops, not just MIC.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

A little commentary here:
Our initial communications from Ford, the ones that produced the article, centered on MIC tops. That’s why the article focuses on MIC. The dealer communication states: “The Sound Deadening Headliner is now available across the entire 2021 Model Year Bronco hard top model lineup regardless of selected options for no charge ($495 value).” So, stands to reason that it’s all hard tops, not just MIC.
Thank you @David for the clarification on this topic. Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we can now put this one to bed. And if you are on the fence about adding this free option, don’t wait! Because sooner or later you are gonna pay for it! Glad I converted my reservation, now I have to patiently wait for my letter from Ford on the 22nd, and then I will call my dealership to add it on.

Reactions: Gutter Clown

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

So I sent an email to my dealership sales manager regarding the headliner ohhh about 15 minutes ago. Just a friendly “when you have a chance”, email. Not anticipating a response until tomorrow at the earliest. Within a minute she responded from home and said she was aware of it but that the order window closed tonight. Said she would try but couldn’t guarantee anything.
I gently told her she would be able to do it and it wouldn’t even be an issue. I told her that Ford wouldn’t Even send out the notice to customers until the 22nd and that I would circle back to her on Wednesday or Thursday. Five minutes later she emailed me back and said it was done and I would get an update from her tomorrow.
Love it! Knowing what they know, before they know it is an awesome and powerful thing! Thanks again David for all you do. And to everyone else stressing over this, relax and arm yourself with knowledge

Heske007

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Feb 28, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Hess
Member #

Right after I saw this I had my dealer add the Auxiliary switches to my OBX Paint mod hard top and the sound deadening liner automatically went to $0.00 which more than paid for the Aux Switches. Win!!! My dealer had not received this information and of course I said to my dealer "According to The Bronco Nation" LOL