Forgot Roof Rack!

Lakesinai
Apr 23, 2021

Lakesinai

Apr 23, 2021

I forgot to spec the roof rack in my 4-door MIC top OBX, regular suspension. Its already scheduled for week of June 21 production, so too late to modify order. Does anyone know if the attachment points are automatically included in the MIC hardtop? Or is it a more complicated add on later? I know the windshield already has the mounting location. Anyone know?

I dont plan to use it much, but it would be nice to have in garage for occasional use!
SC OBX 2021 2.7, High, 4dr, ARB Air, Kuat Rack, Rear Locker, Non-Sas Beach Bronco
Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 23, 2021

I forgot to spec the roof rack in my 4-door MIC top OBX, regular suspension. Its already scheduled for week of June 21 production, so too late to modify order. Does anyone know if the attachment points are automatically included in the MIC hardtop? Or is it a more complicated add on later? I know the windshield already has the mounting location. Anyone know?

I dont plan to use it much, but it would be nice to have in garage for occasional use!
It will be a very easy install and can be ordered from the dealer as an accessory.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Commodore, DRWright

Libations MOD

Apr 23, 2021

You can change up until almost the build date. But, its a very easy addition IF Ford has them in their accessory catalog which at this point they do NOT have them in there
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Commodore, Rgwinn

Rank IV

Apr 23, 2021

Yes if you don't have a vin you can change you order. I did mine last Friday with adding optional wheels with beauty ring.
Commodore, Lakesinai

Lakesinai

Apr 23, 2021

Yes if you don't have a vin you can change you order. I did mine last Friday with adding optional wheels with beauty ring.
I have a VIN!
SC OBX 2021 2.7, High, 4dr, ARB Air, Kuat Rack, Rear Locker, Non-Sas Beach Bronco
Commodore, Gutter Clown

Libations MOD

Apr 23, 2021

I have a VIN!
You can still change it, I'd call the dealer ASAP as they are NOT in any accessory catalog or dealer portal. I was going to add once I had my WT on its way and my dealer was on board to order them. Yesterday we were talking and he thought I was gonna be upset when he told me it's not an option LOL I think I am going with the 4WP rack though anyways after seeing theirs
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Pakrat, Commodore

Rank IV

Apr 24, 2021

The attachments on the hard top are just 2 slots that the roof rack rear end inserts into. They are in all the hard tops. You can see them in almost any side view image of the hard top. The 4 doors have 2 sets of them and the 2 doors have 1 set. The front of the roof rack attaches to the front header sheet metal under the 2 removable plastic covers so has nothing to do with the hard top.

One thing to consider since we can't see the price for the roof rack from the dealer. On other Ford vehicles such as the Explorer, the roof rack crossbars cost $325 as an option from the factory. The standard price for buying them from the dealer parts counter is $275. The dealer I bought my Explorer at doesn't spec any vehicles with roof rack crossbars and stocks a few sets in the parts counter because of this.
Commodore, Gutter Clown

Lakesinai

Apr 24, 2021

The attachments on the hard top are just 2 slots that the roof rack rear end inserts into. They are in all the hard tops. You can see them in almost any side view image of the hard top. The 4 doors have 2 sets of them and the 2 doors have 1 set. The front of the roof rack attaches to the front header sheet metal under the 2 removable plastic covers so has nothing to do with the hard top.

One thing to consider since we can't see the price for the roof rack from the dealer. On other Ford vehicles such as the Explorer, the roof rack crossbars cost $325 as an option from the factory. The standard price for buying them from the dealer parts counter is $275. The dealer I bought my Explorer at doesn't spec any vehicles with roof rack crossbars and stocks a few sets in the parts counter because of this.
Thanks! Excellent info, exactly what I wanted to know, since I have not yet seen a Bronco in person.
Commodore

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

You can still change it, I'd call the dealer ASAP as they are NOT in any accessory catalog or dealer portal. I was going to add once I had my WT on its way and my dealer was on board to order them. Yesterday we were talking and he thought I was gonna be upset when he told me it's not an option LOL I think I am going with the 4WP rack though anyways after seeing theirs
Which 4WP rack are you looking at?
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
dsnow58, Commodore

Libations MOD

Apr 24, 2021

Which 4WP rack are you looking at?
The only one they have made on their 4WP Bronco that was in MOAB. Search on here and you'll see it
Commodore, Gutter Clown

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 24, 2021

Here is
Thanks! Excellent info, exactly what I wanted to know, since I have not yet seen a Bronco in person.
A video and it shows how the rack is removed.
https://community.thebronconation.c...ve-the-hard-top-on-the-2021-ford-bronco.2517/
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Commodore

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

The only one they have made on their 4WP Bronco that was in MOAB. Search on here and you'll see it
Thanks, I saw that one on the 4WP website as well as in the Moab video; I'd like to get a closer look at it without the popup tent box on it. I was hoping that maybe you had the inside scoop on one of their existing racks for other vehicles they might be adapting to the Bronco. Given that Ford is redesigning the OEM rack for MY22 so it can be added to Sasquatch, I'm skeptical there will be any in-house accessory option for a straightforward rack (rails/crossbars) available this year, although the accessory website is showing additional OEM crossbars for $195 each. AM may be the only way to go this year if someone didn't order the rack in their build.
Commodore

Libations MOD

Apr 24, 2021

Thanks, I saw that one on the 4WP website as well as in the Moab video; I'd like to get a closer look at it without the popup tent box on it. I was hoping that maybe you had the inside scoop on one of their existing racks for other vehicles they might be adapting to the Bronco. Given that Ford is redesigning the OEM rack for MY22 so it can be added to Sasquatch, I'm skeptical there will be any in-house accessory option for a straightforward rack (rails/crossbars) available this year, although the accessory website is showing additional OEM crossbars for $195 each. AM may be the only way to go this year if someone didn't order the rack in their build.
I wish I had some inside info LOL I'd be a very happy camper waiting for mine to get here. Yea, Id but it's highly unlikely we see any Ford options for a rack
Commodore, DeepCreek

Lakesinai

Apr 24, 2021

Right, ive seen that and its obvious that the front fasteners at the windshield are included. I dont remember seeing if the rear mounting mechanism is included, but now we know that they are slots already included on the hard tops, not an add-on fastener or a molly bolt. Thanks.
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Apr 24, 2021

Their rack was a tent? Is that what you meant?

1619273197414.png
Commodore

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

Their rack was a tent? Is that what you meant?

View attachment 12259
That is a popup tent box attached to a rack 4WP is apparently still developing; two distinct items. Check out the Moab walk-around video in the BN Latest News section, they go into more detail.
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Apr 24, 2021

I'd wait for aftermarket. Not a fan of the design, it's tight and the rear roof cannot be removed without taking it off. The front panels are hard to remove with it on and it is tight. You also can't put it back on if the roof is off.

Basically if you plan to take the roof on and off all summer roof rails will be a pia.
Pakrat, Commodore

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

I'd wait for aftermarket. Not a fan of the design, it's tight and the rear roof cannot be removed without taking it off. The front panels are hard to remove with it on and it is tight. You also can't put it back on if the roof is off.

Basically if you plan to take the roof on and off all summer roof rails will be a pia.
True, but if you need something sooner than later say for a Yakima cargo box there isn't out there to make up for it yet.
Commodore

Rank II

Apr 24, 2021

True, could get a small tow pull-along. The now need stinks for the next few months. Assume once places get a hold of them accessories start coming out fast.
Commodore, DeepCreek

Lakesinai

Apr 24, 2021

You're Correct. I want the rack to keep in the garage for that occasional trip when i need it. Thats the genius of the Bronco design, every thing's modular, switch-out-able, reconfigurable by the owner with various sets of equipment for different days, trips or seasons.
Commodore, Gutter Clown