Ford's Friday Email: Free Hard Top Prep Kit, Price Protection Extended --- Plus Some Lows

rmc523

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jun 26, 2020
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Member #

Well that's a bummer. I switched from MOD to Soft top to speed up delivery AND because my dealer told me I would get $1,000. Now it appears I'm not getting the $1,000 if I'm understanding this correctly.
You're in an OBX and switched your top already, yes you should be getting the $1000 in points.

My point in that post was that Wildtrak people won't get anything if they stick to their original order and don't switch their top - just another year of waiting as a reward - the $1000 in points only applies if you switch from MOD to MIC or soft top, and soft top isn't an option for Wildtrak - you don't get any points for just waiting.

Reactions: TK1215

Beastmode666

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 19, 2021
Hawaii
First Name
Chelsea
Last Name
Vanavichai
Anyone else without a build date NOT get the email yesterday? I've gotten every email so far except yesterdays. I logged into my ford acct and my order is still there, so I'm wondering why I got left out

cdrdan71

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jul 27, 2020
Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Whitehurst
Member #

Yup. I got version #3. Poop.
I don’t understand why reservation holders who cannot get their order converted due allocations at dealer don’t get more pass points. I’m a day 4 reservation but my dealer doesn’t have enough allocations. So I placed my order but it was placed as 99 due to allocation issues.

J.bell

Rank IV

Supporter III

Mar 25, 2021
Bay Shore, NY, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Bellino
But I’ve become so attached to the free acoustic head liner that ford gave me for “being patient “ . If I switch to a soft top do I have to give it back? Can I keep it stuck to ceiling in my den? Can I stick it to the soft top?
maybe ford wants them back and the whole mic shortage is a conspiracy to get them all back. I’m not giving it up!

TitsLaRue

Rank III

Promoter III

May 27, 2021
Mid South
First Name
Tits
Last Name
LaRue
But I’ve become so attached to the free acoustic head liner that ford gave me for “being patient “ . If I switch to a soft top do I have to give it back? Can I keep it stuck to ceiling in my den? Can I stick it to the soft top?
maybe ford wants them back and the whole mic shortage is a conspiracy to get them all back. I’m not giving it up!
:ROFLMAO:

Laura

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Champion I

Mar 18, 2021
Michigan, Detroit, MI, USA
www.instagram.com
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Zielinski
Member #

Wasn’t that written by Laura from Bronco Nation? It says: by Laura Zielinski. Is that her opinion or fact? Is she a spokeswoman for Ford? Is Bronco Nation part of Ford. Because what she wrote in that post does not match Ford’s emails. Correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t know how this all works. Just don’t know who’s opinion to trust. Why wouldn’t we be hearing information like that directly from Ford?
Yes, I'm Laura Zielinski, guys. I got ahold of the communication and summarized it. Bronco Nation is independent. I have no affiliation with Ford. Dealers received the communication and while they should be able to explain it to you, we like to detail it here too.

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

Silly question of the day coming from Tits here. The Hardtop prep kit is basically the wiring and plumbing for the rear window wiper, correct?

Are there any other recessed areas or latch points that are included on that?

I have an Aug. 2 soft top build week, but it would be nice to have the option to buy a factory top that you wouldn't have to modify. I am not concerned about defrost or wiper function, more interested if it is a simple locking function or if additional hardware will be needed to mount the thing.
It's just the wiring and plumbing, yeah. Everything else is the same. You'll be able to easily add a hard top later.

TitsLaRue

Rank III

Promoter III

May 27, 2021
Mid South
First Name
Tits
Last Name
LaRue
Yes, I'm Laura Zielinski, guys. I got ahold of the communication and summarized it. Bronco Nation is independent. I have no affiliation with Ford. Dealers received the communication and while they should be able to explain it to you, we like to detail it here too.
I know your name is spelled different, but every time I see it I keep singing "come on down to Zalinsky's, the autoparts King"

1963662974-TommyBoy_160Pyxurz.jpg

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

It's just the wiring and plumbing, yeah. Everything else is the same. You'll be able to easily add a hard top later.
UNless Ford pulls a redesign and gets a new supplier and changes things up, kinda like the now 22MY roof racks they are already doing!! No guarantees with anything Ford Bronco

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

So, I am very curious how BN dropped the info (and not the first time) way before it was even sent out by Ford to its reservation holders if there is no affiliation?
I mean seems there is an inside track to drop info before every paying customer gets it, right?

Laura

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Champion I

Mar 18, 2021
Michigan, Detroit, MI, USA
www.instagram.com
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Zielinski
Member #

So, I am very curious how BN dropped the info (and not the first time) way before it was even sent out by Ford to its reservation holders if there is no affiliation?
I mean seems there is an inside track to drop info before every paying customer gets it, right?
Dealers get the communication first; then they send it out to the to order holders. And by affiliation, I mean none in the dependent sense. I do have contacts I can reach out to for comment.

Shadowblade

Rank VI

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
Member #

That sucks. I’ve been borrowing a car for 2 months now and don’t know if I should buy a beater in the meantime or what. Definitely need something 4WD for the winter. Big decisions coming soon.
To bad we don’t live closer together, we could go in together on the cheapest beater ever! LOL. Somehow the 5 hour drive distance, doesn’t sound like we could cheap out together until our rigs arrive. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

Silly question of the day coming from Tits here. The Hardtop prep kit is basically the wiring and plumbing for the rear window wiper, correct?
Wiring, plumbing and controls for the rear wiper, sprayer and defroster would be part of the prep package.

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
Great question IMO, Don't we all actually wonder or will it turn out like the roof rack has and already be going under a redesign for 22MY? And if there is a redesign will the 21MY vehicles still be able to take on the new hardtop when they become available in what 2-3 years with the backup of orders already? Ford has left so many open-ended statements it's crazy.
My exact question months ago. What is changing that makes the roof rack work in '22?

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

My exact question months ago. What is changing that makes the roof rack work in '22?
I mean let's be honest here (unlike Ford is), what can you truly change in a "roof rack" that would make it ok in 22MY but NOT 21MY. There obviously is more changes than just the rack itself and obviously, Ford knows this but isn't once again transparent to anyone

Dead Bronc

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Mar 10, 2021
Hamden, CT, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Demkar
Member #

So dealers received an email with more information than what was presented to us in our emails?

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
I mean let's be honest here (unlike Ford is), what can you truly change in a "roof rack" that would make it ok in 22MY but NOT 21MY. There obviously is more changes than just the rack itself and obviously, Ford knows this but isn't once again transparent to anyone
Exactly! Will a squatched '21 ever be "legal" with the roof rack? So BL is the only model that can't get the roof rack if you have the 2.7L. Interesting to note that the BL is the only model you can even select the sasquatch any more.