Ford's Friday Email: Free Hard Top Prep Kit, Price Protection Extended --- Plus Some Lows

Laura
Jun 25, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 25, 2021

Today, Ford sent out emails to customers. The news is both bad and good. Read Bronco Nation's breakdown of the communication and FAQs.

Tops Article-10.jpg
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Bain569, kaw101mp
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 25, 2021

FORD FAQs to Dealers:

Customer Communication FAQS – 6.25.2021

What roof options are available Broncos?
See attached Updated Bronco Roof Options guide for a breakdown of each roof option, also available within the Bronco Dashboard → Additional Resources → Vehicle Information.
  • 2-door Broncos (only available with hardtop roofs):
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC)
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular
  • 4-door Broncos: o
    • 2021 & 2022MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top, Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular, Dual top options
Why is the painted roof now pushed to late next year as a 23MY option? We are working as fast as we can to try and get through the hardtop roof Bronco bottleneck. We originally intended to build roughly 80% hardtops and 20% soft tops. That ratio is now closer to 60% hardtops and 40% soft tops. Our roof supplier is doing this by focusing all efforts on producing as many molded in color (MIC) hardtops as possible. The other versions of the top will come late next year. Our goal is to build as many customer Broncos at the highest quality this year.

Are 2-door Broncos still being produced for 21MY given the hardtop roof challenges? Yes. 2-door Broncos will continue to be produced throughout the 21 model year. 2-door Broncos will only be built with the molded in color hardtop roof. Based on demand, some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco.

How are Bronco 2-door and 4-door First Edition customers impacted by this news? All Bronco First Edition orders will be scheduled and built throughout the 2021 model year with the previously announced MIC roof.

What is included in the hardtop prep kit? The hardtop prep kit is included on all 4-door soft top orders, effective with September 21MY production. The kit includes the proper connections for rear windshield wiper and rear defroster as well as the controls needed for these features.

If a customer switches to a soft top roof, does that guarantee them a 2021MY Bronco? Switching to a soft top will expedite a customer’s order, however, it does not guarantee a 21MY. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

Will the hardtop prep kit be available for customers whose 4-door soft top Bronco is built before September production? No. Hardtop prep kit will be included on all 4-door Broncos, beginning with September production

If a customer no longer wants to wait for a delayed roof, can they update their order to be considered for 21MY scheduling? Yes. We encourage any customer who would like to be considered for 21MY production to update their order to a buildable roof option (soft top w/ prep kit or MIC hardtop) and request their dealership remove the 99-priority scheduling code. Once their order has been updated, we will continue to use their reservation timestamp as one of the factors determining if their unit gets scheduled.

How will a customer be able to get a hardtop roof when available in 2023? Hardtop roofs will be available as an accessory ordered through their dealership. While we cannot provide a price yet, the freight shipping costs to get the roofs to dealers will cause the cost to be more than the factory installed option.

How do we handle a customer who wants to wait for a 23MY roof option? If a customer has already converted their reservation to an order, we encourage dealerships keep their scheduling priority code at 99. We will have more information available at a later date regarding the 22MY ordering process and recommended processes for customers choosing to wait.

What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors – including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens.

When does 23MY production begin? 2023 model year production will begin in late Q4 2022.

Will a customer’s reservation timestamp still apply for 23MY? Yes. Timestamps will continue to be a factor in scheduling throughout future model years. At this time there is no expiration date for reservations. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

How does a customer know if they are eligible for the 200,000 FordPass Reward points offer? FordPass Rewards bonus offers are only visible to dealerships via the Member Portal dealer facing tool. All offers have been loaded into the system. Customers who were previously eligible for the 200,000 FPR point offer ($1,000 value) will not change; only the criteria requiring delivery of a 21MY Bronco has been updated to also include 22MY deliveries.

What does price protection mean? For any customers with a Bronco reservation or order as of March 19, 2021 Ford will ensure that you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalently equipped 22 or 23 model year Bronco.

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Exocartonic, TEEDEE
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 25, 2021

Version #1 – All Unscheduled First Edition Order Holders

MicrosoftTeams-image (30).png

Version #2 – All Unscheduled Non-FE Order Holders Eligible for the 200k FordPass Rewards offer. Eligibility based on March 25th communication announcement due to delays on the black modular hardtop and dual top options

MicrosoftTeams-image (31).png

Version #3 – All Other Unscheduled Non-FE Order Holders

MicrosoftTeams-image (32).png
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
jasony2069, TEEDEE

Rank VI

Jun 25, 2021

FORD FAQs to Dealers:

See attached Updated Bronco Roof Options guide for a breakdown of each roof option, also available within the Bronco Dashboard → Additional Resources → Vehicle Information.
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular
    • 2023MY – Carbonized gray Molded in Color (MIC), Black Cloth Soft Top, Black Modular, contrasting white modular, and body color painted modular, Dual top options
Why is the painted roof now pushed to late next year as a 23MY option? We are working as fast as we can to try and get through the hardtop roof Bronco bottleneck. We originally intended to build roughly 80% hardtops and 20% soft tops. That ratio is now closer to 60% hardtops and 40% soft tops. Our roof supplier is doing this by focusing all efforts on producing as many molded in color (MIC) hardtops as possible. The other versions of the top will come late next year. Our goal is to build as many customer Broncos at the highest quality this year.

Are 2-door Broncos still being produced for 21MY given the hardtop roof challenges? Yes. 2-door Broncos will continue to be produced throughout the 21 model year. 2-door Broncos will only be built with the molded in color hardtop roof. Based on demand, some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco.

How are Bronco 2-door and 4-door First Edition customers impacted by this news? All Bronco First Edition orders will be scheduled and built throughout the 2021 model year with the previously announced MIC roof.

What is included in the hardtop prep kit? The hardtop prep kit is included on all 4-door soft top orders, effective with September 21MY production. The kit includes the proper connections for rear windshield wiper and rear defroster as well as the controls needed for these features.

If a customer switches to a soft top roof, does that guarantee them a 2021MY Bronco? Switching to a soft top will expedite a customer’s order, however, it does not guarantee a 21MY. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

Will the hardtop prep kit be available for customers whose 4-door soft top Bronco is built before September production? No. Hardtop prep kit will be included on all 4-door Broncos, beginning with September production

If a customer no longer wants to wait for a delayed roof, can they update their order to be considered for 21MY scheduling? Yes. We encourage any customer who would like to be considered for 21MY production to update their order to a buildable roof option (soft top w/ prep kit or MIC hardtop) and request their dealership remove the 99-priority scheduling code. Once their order has been updated, we will continue to use their reservation timestamp as one of the factors determining if their unit gets scheduled.

How will a customer be able to get a hardtop roof when available in 2023? Hardtop roofs will be available as an accessory ordered through their dealership. While we cannot provide a price yet, the freight shipping costs to get the roofs to dealers will cause the cost to be more than the factory installed option.

How do we handle a customer who wants to wait for a 23MY roof option? If a customer has already converted their reservation to an order, we encourage dealerships keep their scheduling priority code at 99. We will have more information available at a later date regarding the 22MY ordering process and recommended processes for customers choosing to wait.

What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors – including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens.

When does 23MY production begin? 2023 model year production will begin in late Q4 2022.

Will a customer’s reservation timestamp still apply for 23MY? Yes. Timestamps will continue to be a factor in scheduling throughout future model years. At this time there is no expiration date for reservations. Scheduling is based on a number of factors including reservation timestamp, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives.

How does a customer know if they are eligible for the 200,000 FordPass Reward points offer? FordPass Rewards bonus offers are only visible to dealerships via the Member Portal dealer facing tool. All offers have been loaded into the system. Customers who were previously eligible for the 200,000 FPR point offer ($1,000 value) will not change; only the criteria requiring delivery of a 21MY Bronco has been updated to also include 22MY deliveries.

What does price protection mean? For any customers with a Bronco reservation or order as of March 19, 2021 Ford will ensure that you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalently equipped 22 or 23 model year Bronco.

How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability.
David,

Thank you for such a detailed overview! Much more information than the email detailed. I am likely to stick to my guns on my order. I want it now but will try hard to keep with what I want in my build.
Crysled84, Giggles

Rank I

Jun 25, 2021

Its nice that I dont get the Fordpass points... As I purposely ordered a MIC top instead of the MOD top I wanted due to the fact (before the points announcement was made) it was stated that the MOD top would be late availability and my 2011 F150 had 250k miles on it at the time. ( it currently has 266k )
Bronco70, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 25, 2021

As unfortunate as this is, the supply chain craziness created by the past year is pretty unprecedented. At the end of the day, there’s no way to just quickly make a bunch of hard tops out of thin air, there is a TON that goes into building them. If Ford could, I’m sure they would but if that’s constrained they can’t just 3D print more hard tops.
the poacher, TEEDEE

Anxiously waiting for Super Cel

Jun 25, 2021

Version #1 – All Unscheduled First Edition Order Holders

View attachment 14839

Version #2 – All Unscheduled Non-FE Order Holders Eligible for the 200k FordPass Rewards offer. Eligibility based on March 25th communication announcement due to delays on the black modular hardtop and dual top options

View attachment 14841

Version #3 – All Other Unscheduled Non-FE Order Holders

View attachment 14842
Yup. I got version #3. Poop.
Black Diamond/4-door/mid pkg/2.7/MIC/rack/towing/Eruption Green/res 7.13.20/ord 2.8.21, then 10.15.21/built 1.21.22/delivered 4.15.22
Gunstock Off-Roadeo 10/29/22/Steel and Stirrups Traveling Lamp holder 9.23
Gaia GPS
Ian Lacasse, TEEDEE

Rank I

Jun 25, 2021

So when exactly will Ford kick the MY from 21 to 22? November, December, January?? Anyone know?
TK1215, ResidualGenius

Rank V

Jun 25, 2021

My question is, if i have a hard top order, not scheduled, when will it scheduled, before sept? maybe, 2023? Or if i switch to soft top, do i risk getting scheduled before September and not get a kit?
jedmisten, Cheeselog

Rank IV

Jun 25, 2021

I just updated my build to the soft top. If I have to rough it through a winter or two, it’s better than nothing. At least they’re throwing in the prep kit. It’s the most reasonable option really. If it’s been a soft top and a 2023... easy choice.
Deepshag, mcobel

Rank V

Jun 25, 2021

Its nice that I dont get the Fordpass points... As I purposely ordered a MIC top instead of the MOD top I wanted due to the fact (before the points announcement was made) it was stated that the MOD top would be late availability and my 2011 F150 had 250k miles on it at the time. ( it currently has 266k )
I did the same thing. No bonus points for me since my dealer warned me of the coming constraint when I was placing my order. Now, folks that were waiting till MY22 for the MOD will likely move orders back to MY21 with a MIC, further clogging the current supply.

But on the plus side, they are building Broncos!!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Deepshag, TEEDEE

Rank VI

Jun 25, 2021

FORD FAQs to Dealers:

David and Laura, Thank you both for the additional clarification, it certainly helps me and I’m sure others understand the enormity of the task for Ford. I can’t say I’m not frustrated and naturally so but this mitigates much of it and your input is a step in the right direction for Ford in keeping us in he loop. Now I think I’ll open a really good bottle of wine and start the weekend. Thanks again.
TEEDEE, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 25, 2021

So when exactly will Ford kick the MY from 21 to 22? November, December, January?? Anyone know?
Early December
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Hobgoblin, AcesandEights

Rank II

Jun 25, 2021

You have got to be kidding me! A painted hardtop by 2023. I will be pushing daisies by then.
What kind of company makes all these promises without making them good. My (IB) Imaginary Bronco is on its way!

Rank V

Jun 25, 2021

Funny enough, even though I am ecstatic to have a soft top build date next month, they found a way to make me annoyed by offering the free hard top prep kit, starting in September, which they could probably add now, or at least credit soft top orders somehow. Who would NOT want that?
@BASEQUATCH on instagram
TitsLaRue, IBleve

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jun 25, 2021

so, if we call our dealer and convert our 4 door MIC order to a soft top order with free prep kit - how does that impact pricing? what will the hardtop cost to purchase it next year if/when it becomes available?
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Deano Bronc, Cliffhanger

Rank II

Jun 25, 2021

so, if we call our dealer and convert our 4 door MIC order to a soft top order with free prep kit - how does that impact pricing? what will the hardtop cost to purchase it next year if/when it becomes available?
From what I read, the hard top will be even more expensive aftermarket from the dealer than it is to order.
Lakesinai, LR48

Rank VI

Jun 25, 2021

@David and @Laura
Could you help me understand what is included in the "ETC." ?

"How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability."
LR48, monica_mcgee

Rank V

Jun 25, 2021

From what I read, the hard top will be even more expensive aftermarket from the dealer than it is to order.

For sure, because shipping ain’t free.
@BASEQUATCH on instagram

Rank V

Jun 25, 2021

@David and @Laura
Could you help me understand what is included in the "ETC." ?

"How can customers receive their Bronco sooner? Customers willing to avoid key commodity constraints (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) will have a higher likelihood for 2021MY production based on part availability."

[open endedness to capture any other constraints that exist now or arise in the future]
@BASEQUATCH on instagram
Hobgoblin, KennyMac