Fordpass Performance App

DRWright
Dec 31, 2021

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2021

Dear Bronco Nation @Laura @David

Can we start the New Year off right by asking Ford to give us some more information on the Fordpass Performance App and updates on what is going on with it?

Happy New Year to Bronco Nation and I hope this year many more of us get our Broncos and start creating new memories and meeting new friends.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
LJBronco, dirty finger
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2021

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 31, 2021

Oooo the never-ending question. I went hunting for the answer the other day and noticed that Ford sneakily changed the dates from Q4 2021 to just a blanket "2022" on their website.

Also learned that the Ford Performance App only works if you have the Mid package or higher... and I only have the standard package on order. Frankly, I find that to be super disappointing, but I might be convinced to spend the extra money on the Mid package if the Performance App was worth the added cost.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Bronco 202?, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Dec 31, 2021

The idea seems like it has many useful properties but my major concern is that Ford is not a software company and my worry is that it will be very generic and updates will be few and far between.

Rank V

Jan 05, 2022

@Ford Motor Company Can we get an update? Would really like to be able to have this and use this for my upcoming trail rides.
DRWright, LJBronco

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

I'm guessing silence means Ford has no idea.
Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

Oooo the never-ending question. I went hunting for the answer the other day and noticed that Ford sneakily changed the dates from Q4 2021 to just a blanket "2022" on their website.

Also learned that the Ford Performance App only works if you have the Mid package or higher... and I only have the standard package on order. Frankly, I find that to be super disappointing, but I might be convinced to spend the extra money on the Mid package if the Performance App was worth the added cost.
What exactly is this Ford performance app supposed to do? Sorry I’m just lost.

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

What exactly is this Ford performance app supposed to do? Sorry I’m just lost.

It's supposed to be an onboard app that will have functionality of off-road trail maps and data for the trail like difficulty and weather for the area. "Allegedly"

You can read more from The Bronco Nation write up.

https://thebronconation.com/fordpass-performance-app-for-2021-ford-bronco-part-2/
Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

It's supposed to be an onboard app that will have functionality of off-road trail maps and data for the trail like difficulty and weather for the area. "Allegedly"

https://thebronconation.com/fordpass-performance-app-for-2021-ford-bronco-part-2/
Thank you. Sounds like that would be great to have BUT I have zero faith in Ford to keep something like that up to date.

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

Thank you. Sounds like that would be great to have BUT I have zero faith in Ford to keep something like that up to date.

Yeah they are not a software company so I am definitely not expecting anything groundbreaking on their part. I wouldn't be surprised if they just stop OTA updates 1 year after release and move on.

Rank III

Jan 22, 2022

It's highly promoted and very vague on when/where etc.
Brian Friend - Colorado Springs/Aguilar Colorado www.JustRoofsandGutters.com
2 Dr, 21 Bronco, 2.7ltr, Badlands Sas w Lux