Ford Release: Bronco Brand Teams Up With Respected 4x4 Companies

Advocate II

Oct 19, 2020
Vermont
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Dinhofer
I read somewhere that accessories purchased with order from and installed by dealer are covered by FORD WARRANTY. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I think they are if installed by the dealer. the bigger issue here as I know from having a small fender bender with my jeep, is that insurance cos do not value your add ons in the case of repairs or a total. It's always a fight. If you get the items included in the purchase from Ford, they would have a tough time eliminating them then, especially if someone leased a vehicle.

per other questions on this thread, it's still not clear how many of these new parts from "official" collaborators will be available to order with your car and installed by Ford. Some of the bumpers include the parking sensors, cutouts for adaptive cruise control radar, etc, which is great, but I am hoping to be able to order these with the vehicle, install at the dealer and drive away.

I did read somewhere that dealer installation of any ordered items was extra, so that can be a big variable dealer to dealer unless Ford has a guideline on hours and a big profit center for dealers.

I am getting a pretty loaded Badlands Squatch 2D, I think the lift with the 35s is enough for my uses and the drivability sucks when you lift too much. but I am looking to add a front bumper w winch & lights, I love the 5 light roof mounted bar, I will have a roof rack from factory, so I like the support arms they are coming up with so I can use a soft-top in the summer, I also like the rear bumper with swing out mount integrated with the rear door that RTR showed, a rear door flip down table and slide out like Ford offers for the 4D would be good for using the tailgate to change for backcountry skiing, MTB or other stuff. Might do an ice box because we can and it would be fun.
waiting to see high lift offroad jacks and storage mounts integrated into rear tire carrier or elsewhere.

And yes, this will be going offroad, I live half-time in Vermont where less than 1/2 of all roads are paved and we have what are called class 4 roads, some of which were built in the 1700s, they look like, er, jeep trails. locally they are called Pave (pronounced pahv-eh)

I love the look of the 2D, but might change to a 4D to have more interior storage. Kida are all in college and on their way out, so the 4 d is not needed. I get the sense that there is much more room in this than there is in a 2D jeep.

Last edited:
Reactions: rnfenker

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

waiting to see high lift offroad jacks and storage mounts integrated into rear tire carrier or elsewhere.

I love the look of the 2D, but might change to a 4D to have more interior storage. Kida are all in college and on their way out, so the 4 d is not needed. I get the sense that there is much more room in this than there is in a 2D jeep.
Watch the ARB video they have a high-lift mounted against the rear roll cage, looked pretty slick from what you can see.
I went 4Dr simply for the extra space myself, my kiddo is in college so no extras to tow around anymore but the room made sense to me.