Ford: Pricing Protection and Information for MY22.5

Laura
Mar 04, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 04, 2022

We have some updates -- pulled straight from the FAQs. Article coming later, but ask questions now. I've got a fairly decent grasp on it by now.

Highlights:
  • Bronco Raptor customers can't switch dealers.
  • Pay attention to which group you fall into: Reserved/ordered by March 19, 2021, or post-March 19, 2021.
  • Adding HOSS 3.0 to Wildtrak won't trigger a series increase.

I was fortunate enough to receive the opportunity to order a Bronco Raptor, and I would like to change the dealer I purchased the vehicle from. Can I make that change?
Because this is a limited production vehicle, we are not allowing for dealer change on the Bronco Raptor.

How much will adding the HOSS 3.0 package change my pricing?
Adding the HOSS 3.0 package to an existing Wildtrak order will add $2,515 MSRP. It is a simple feature and does not trigger a change in series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system.

2022 MY Pricing
Why are there price increases for the 2022 MY?
Prices change year-to-year to reflect market realities across all vehicle lines. For reservation holders and order holders as of March 19, 2021, we will price protect the 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped 2022 or 2023 MY Bronco.

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?
If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?
An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

Will the 2022 MY Bronco two- and four-door offer AXZD Plan pricing?
Bronco will offer AZD (A = Employee, Z = Ford Retiree, D = Dealer) Plan pricing for all series excluding Bronco Raptor. X-Plan (X = Friends & Family) will NOT be offered on any Bronco two- or four-door models for the 2022 MY.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation or an Order Prior to March 19, 2021
What does price protection mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing if you had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1, 2021. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealership will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamond™$2,475$2,075
Outer Banks™$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575

Why is there no price protection for features and options listed?
Price increases for 2022 MY were limited to series and door type.

How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?
For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Does price protection apply to Bronco special editions?
No. The Bronco Price Protection Program only applies to customers and the series offerings on or before March 19, 2021. Price protection will not apply if switching to a Raptor or Everglades™.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021
What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?
If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021.

I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

I have an unconverted reservation that was placed after March 19, 2021. Will price increases affect me?
If you convert by March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the initial 2022 MY pricing. If you convert your reservation after March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the most current pricing. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
rws, MCBronco777
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 04, 2022

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2022

Thank for the information Laura....
2021 OBX 2 door High Package Cyber orange, second day reservation, ordered Jan 20, 2021, blend date of 18 Dec 2021, delivery date of Jan 12th and loving it.
Laura

Life is a Highway

Mar 04, 2022

We have some updates -- pulled straight from the FAQs. Article coming later, but ask questions now. I've got a fairly decent grasp on it by now.

Highlights:
  • Bronco Raptor customers can't switch dealers.
  • Pay attention to which group you fall into: Reserved/ordered by March 19, 2021, or post-March 19, 2021.
  • Adding HOSS 3.0 to Wildtrak won't trigger a series increase.

I was fortunate enough to receive the opportunity to order a Bronco Raptor, and I would like to change the dealer I purchased the vehicle from. Can I make that change?
Because this is a limited production vehicle, we are not allowing for dealer change on the Bronco Raptor.

Adding the HOSS 3.0 package to an existing Wildtrak order will add $2,515 MSRP. It is a simple feature and does not trigger a change in series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system.

2022 MY Pricing
Prices change year-to-year to reflect market realities across all vehicle lines. For reservation holders and order holders as of March 19, 2021, we will price protect the 2021 MY MSRP pricing for a similarly equipped 2022 or 2023 MY Bronco.

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?
If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 19, 2021, you qualify for price protection. If you are not part of this program, make sure your order in the system is accurate, as changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, may result in increased vehicle prices. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?
An example of a series change would be going from Badlands™ to Big Bend™. An equipment package refers to base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

Will the 2022 MY Bronco two- and four-door offer AXZD Plan pricing?
Bronco will offer AZD (A = Employee, Z = Ford Retiree, D = Dealer) Plan pricing for all series excluding Bronco Raptor. X-Plan (X = Friends & Family) will NOT be offered on any Bronco two- or four-door models for the 2022 MY.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation or an Order Prior to March 19, 2021
What does price protection mean?
Ford will honor 2021 MY MSRP pricing if you had a reservation or order as of March 19, 2021. Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1, 2021. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealership will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamond™$2,475$2,075
Outer Banks™$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575

Why is there no price protection for features and options listed?
Price increases for 2022 MY were limited to series and door type.

How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?
For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Does price protection apply to Bronco special editions?
No. The Bronco Price Protection Program only applies to customers and the series offerings on or before March 19, 2021. Price protection will not apply if switching to a Raptor or Everglades™.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021
What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?
If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021.

I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

I have an unconverted reservation that was placed after March 19, 2021. Will price increases affect me?
If you convert by March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the initial 2022 MY pricing. If you convert your reservation after March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the most current pricing. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.
Copy

Rank V

Mar 04, 2022

Any Idea when Ford will notify people switching to Bronco Raptors as to when ordering will start?
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 04, 2022

Any Idea when Ford will notify people switching to Bronco Raptors as to when ordering will start?
Order banks open on the 9th for mid-year changes. Ford hasn't specified in the FAQs for Raptor.

How can I get a Bronco Everglades or the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 Package?
For the 2022 model year, all Bronco Everglades and HOSS 3.0 packages will go to existing unscheduled order holders. If you would like a chance at one these new models, make sure you have an unscheduled order prior to March 7, 2022. Starting on March 9, 2022, see your dealer to update your existing order to one of these new models.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top

Life is a Highway

Mar 04, 2022

I think it is 3/6 or 3/7. Let me look at the Ford email

Life is a Highway

Mar 04, 2022

Thank you Laura!
Laura

Rank V

Mar 04, 2022

Welcome to the inside track
We’re as excited as you are about the Ford Bronco Raptor. We’ll be in touch soon with more info. In the meantime, visit Ford.com and check us out on Instagram to be among the first to know about the latest products and services we have to offer.​
This is the last email I received from Ford about ordering on 2/28, suggests they will contact again.
Laura

Burrito Connoisseur

Mar 04, 2022

Woot woot!! @Laura going after the MVP award again.

---

Also general FYI for those who are unaware of the Bronco series codes:
  • E5A
    • 2-door Base
    • 2-door Big Bend - ESOF 4x4
    • 2-door Black Diamond - ESOF 4x4
    • 2-door Outer Banks - ESOF 4x4
  • E5B
    • 4-door Base
    • 4-door Big Bend - ESOF 4x4
    • 4-door Black Diamond - ESOF 4x4
    • 4-door Outer Banks - ESOF 4x4
  • E5C
    • 2-door Base Sasquatch
    • 2-door Big Bend - EMTC 4x4
    • 2-door Black Diamond - EMTC 4x4
    • 2-door Outer Banks - EMTC 4x4
    • 2-door Badlands
    • 2-door Wildtrak
  • E5D
    • 4-door Base Sasquatch
    • 4-door Big Bend - EMTC 4x4
    • 4-door Black Diamond - EMTC 4x4
    • 4-door Outer Banks - EMTC 4x4
    • 4-door Badlands
    • 4-door Wildtrak
ESOF is the electronic shift on-the-fly transfer case, which on Build & Price is known as the "4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement". EMTC is the electro-mechanical transfer case, which is known as "Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement"

With past price increases Ford has done, you could change options within your series and still have price protection. Once you switch to a different series code... you lose that price protection. For the Bronco, that would mean you could theoretically change from a 4-door Black Diamond with Adv 4x4 to a Badlands and not lose your price protection.

BUT... from this FAQ... it seems like Ford is also including the packages and trim level, and not just the vehicle's series. Strange to me they would make it different specifically for the Bronco, but okay. So I think really the only thing you can change without losing your price protection is the stand-alone options/packages... like the Sasquatch package, tow package, interior seats, hard top, brush guard, etc.

I guess the TL;DR is make sure you have your order the way you want it before the March 7th.

(EDIT: This whole thing only applies to those who don't qualify for the early reservation price protection program.)
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
gotmike2, Hobgoblin
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 04, 2022

Emphasizing: @RagnarKon's "I guess the TL;DR is make sure you have your order the way you want it before the March 7th." :) There's a flowchart and additional chart coming that are hopefully very plain with what you need to do. But that's an excellent guideline.
SuperMike, RagnarKon

Libations MOD

Mar 04, 2022

LOL well, I sure do like the HOSS info. Not sure my dealer will since he has said it'll affect the whole order SMH
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Mal, JoergH

Rank V

Mar 04, 2022

Danka. This is what we should have expected, except I figured they would let people change dealers for the raptors, but it make sense that they are not given the allocations that went out.
Hopefully, this will squash all the speculation about being forced to pay 5K for HOSS 3.0.... Of course, in a sense you are, your sticker/msrp will show the new pricing, but there is a rebate certificate in smartvincent/dealer connection...
I am guessing that the base cost of 2dr broncos increased more than 4 doors for 2022.5.

Nick
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
SuperMike

Rank V

Mar 04, 2022

You just made my weekend! :love: Laura rocks!!
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Mal, Deano Bronc
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 04, 2022

MY22 Mid-Year Bronco Pricing: What’s Changing, Who Has Price Protection, and More

PDF version of the flowchart from the article below, in case you, like me, don't go to the eye doctor.

Attachments

Mal, Deano Bronc
User 10564

Mar 04, 2022

@Laura

I have a Reservation of the very last day, so I have MY22 price protection. Cool
I have serious doubts that Ford will deliver my vehicle as a MY22, and considering the way things are going, I think this is a realistic expectation.

What happens when I don't get my vehicle for another year? Do I get a MY23 @MY21 prices?
Laura

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Mar 04, 2022

chart says 23 order banks open later this year, is that for anyone or reservation holders?

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Mar 04, 2022

@Laura

I have a Reservation of the very last day, so I have MY22 price protection. Cool
I have serious doubts that Ford will deliver my vehicle as a MY22, and considering the way things are going, I think this is a realistic expectation.

What happens when I don't get my vehicle for another year? Do I get a MY23 @MY21 prices?
Cutting from the FAQ that @Laura posted it sounds like you're covered for MY23 as well.
2022 MY Pricing
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
User 10564
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 04, 2022

chart says 23 order banks open later this year, is that for anyone or reservation holders?
That is for all.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 04, 2022

Cutting from the FAQ that @Laura posted it sounds like you're covered for MY23 as well.
2022 MY Pricing
Yes, that's been the refrain since October 21.

Burrito Connoisseur

Mar 04, 2022

So... does this mean we get a livestream next week perhaps? :D
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon