Bronco Sport Headlight Issue

My Lil' Pony
Apr 18, 2021

Rank 0

Apr 18, 2021

I've had my BS for a week, and my only issue has to do with the headlights. I love the LED lights and the look of the headlights, but I've noticed at night with the lights on bright that there are two dark "shadows" that show up on the road. It's worse on the left headlight than the right. I was wondering if anyone else see these "shadows" or dark spots when they're driving their BS. Is it common or should I take it to have it checked out?
Foreverfo, Commodore
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021

Rank III

Apr 19, 2021

I also noticed it definitely more on the left it was very noticeable in the fog and snow
Commodore, My Lil' Pony

Rank V

Apr 19, 2021

Spooky :eek:
Commodore

Rank V

Apr 19, 2021

I've had my BS for a week, and my only issue has to do with the headlights. I love the LED lights and the look of the headlights, but I've noticed at night with the lights on bright that there are two dark "shadows" that show up on the road. It's worse on the left headlight than the right. I was wondering if anyone else see these "shadows" or dark spots when they're driving their BS. Is it common or should I take it to have it checked out?
I have not noticed this on my BL model. What trim do you have? Though I believe all models come with the same headlight assembly (other than the added halos on OBX and BL)
Commodore

Rank V

Apr 20, 2021

Have had an OBX Sport since early Jan and also have noticed the shadows when high beams are on; agree that the left side shadow is more pronounced than right side.
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Commodore, My Lil' Pony

Rank 0

Apr 20, 2021

I read someplace, somewhere in a forum (lol) that this is normal and creates the area necessary to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. Most modern cars do this, but it's not as noticeable with older type headlights as the light isn't as white.
But not an issue, they all do this.
Commodore, My Lil' Pony

Rank V

Apr 21, 2021

I read someplace, somewhere in a forum (lol) that this is normal and creates the area necessary to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. Most modern cars do this, but it's not as noticeable with older type headlights as the light isn't as white.
But not an issue, they all do this.
that is really interesting!
Commodore, Will1966

Rank 0

Apr 21, 2021

I have a BB Sport. I'm glad to know that someone else is having this same "issue" and that it isn't a problem. The "not blinding oncoming drivers" makes sense. I do love how bright the LED's are at night and how they brighten and dim themselves when the lights are on automatic.
Commodore

Rank V

Apr 22, 2021

:) if that is the case
'its like that to not blind on comming drivers'
Wish other vehicles would incorporate this safety common sense.
Will1966, Commodore