Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Ford had no intention of only building customer reserved Broncos prior to Dealer delivered Broncos available for sale at your local dealer!
Ford had no intention of following timestamp build process they also promised on launch day!

This is why Im pissed!
I'm curious why you posted this? Are you just throwing things out there in hopes someone will agree with you? Or maybe you just love drama and like to stir the pot. I just don't get it.

When I start seeing MIC topped Broncos being shipped to dealers as stock and not unclaimed orders, then your theory may have a tiny bit of validity. Until then, its all tin foil hat wild ass ranting.

Also, why would Ford decide to offer the hard top prep kit? Isn't that counterproductive to their real goal of screwing all reservation holders and shipping more Broncos for dealer stock? Must be some kind of decoy, so us feeble minded people don't suspect a thing. Thank God you're around to enlighten us with the truth. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

richtor

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jan 17, 2021
Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munson
Have you switched to a 4D, soft top and non squatch?
2dr Badlands Stick. I wanted it this summer so I did not go SAS. I figured no problem as I am a first 24 hour reservation. Then I see October reservation 2dr Badlands get scheduled. Im a little upset....

richtor

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jan 17, 2021
Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munson
I'm curious why you posted this? Are you just throwing things out there in hopes someone will agree with you? Or maybe you just love drama and like to stir the pot. I just don't get it.

When I start seeing MIC topped Broncos being shipped to dealers as stock and not unclaimed orders, then your theory may have a tiny bit of validity. Until then, its all tin foil hat wild ass ranting.

Also, why would Ford decide to offer the hard top prep kit? Isn't that counterproductive to their real goal of screwing all reservation holders and shipping more Broncos for dealer stock? Must be some kind of decoy, so us feeble minded people don't suspect a thing. Thank God you're around to enlighten us with the truth.
1. 7/13 and 7/14 reservation holders do not have there builds scheduled yet.
2. Broncos will be at dealers to sell to anyone who walks in a year after the first day reservations that are still waiting.

Go into a sandwich shop order a sandwich, they say no problem, we are going to make the sandwiches for those who order tomorrow first. Then we are going to make sandwiches for those that will be visiting our store next month, so they can just grab a sandwich and go before we make yours. Maybe in 3 months we might have your sandwich ready. Bottom line Ford is going to never see a lot of customers again after this fiasco!

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

2dr Badlands Stick. I wanted it this summer so I did not go SAS. I figured no problem as I am a first 24 hour reservation. Then I see October reservation 2dr Badlands get scheduled. Im a little upset....
Dang! Who the heck got their October reservation scheduled? i wonder what the difference in your two builds are?

Reactions: Slownstddy

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I checked the Badlands production thread. I see I believe 8 or 9 2 doors scheduled for production that are all 7/13, 7/14 and one 7/15 Reservations. Who the heck has an October reservation that is being built?! WTH!

Reactions: Slownstddy

1Five1 Garage

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Apr 26, 2021
port saint lucie
First Name
SHAWN
Last Name
PATTEN
Ford announced the Bronco was coming back during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit back in Jan 2017. So they were planning this well before then. but for safety sake we will say Jan 2017. This is 4 and a half years ago and they are as lost as if they JUST started planning last week. It is remarkable that they can't get a company to manufacture the top in the timeframe they need. Find a new manufacturer. They would have been stupid to NOT put a clause in there stating if you can't a minimum of XXX tops a day we will terminate the contract and find someone else who can. While the pandemic had put a delay I don't think it is the complete reason.

I am ok with delay if there is a good reason. Lack of planning and oversite by the people in charge of the program is not a good reason. IMO

Last edited:

mtbbackpacker

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 25, 2021
Oklahoma
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Williams
1. 7/13 and 7/14 reservation holders do not have there builds scheduled yet.
2. Broncos will be at dealers to sell to anyone who walks in a year after the first day reservations that are still waiting.

Go into a sandwich shop order a sandwich, they say no problem, we are going to make the sandwiches for those who order tomorrow first. Then we are going to make sandwiches for those that will be visiting our store next month, so they can just grab a sandwich and go before we make yours. Maybe in 3 months we might have your sandwich ready. Bottom line Ford is going to never see a lot of customers again after this fiasco!
Yeah, but when they were out of bread did you decide to wait knowing it would take longer and everyone else was willing to just eat it without. Sorry, I could not help myself.

I actually do not believe that Ford was doing this in “bad faith.” I believe COVID has played a role, along with incompetency on Ford’s part and Webasto.

At this point, Ford can’t run a line at reduced capacity to only produce the options those of us with reservations want. It is not economically feasible.

That being said this is getting ridiculous.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Ford announced the Bronco was coming back during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit back in Jan 2017. So they were planning this well before then. but for safety sake we will say Jan 2017. This is 4 and a half years ago and they are as lost as if they JUST started planning last week. It is remarkable that they can't get a company to manufacture the top in the timeframe they need. Find a new manufacturer. They would have been stupid to NOT put a clause in there stating if you can't a minimum of XXX tops a day we will terminate the contract and find someone else who can. While the pandemic had put a delay I don't think it is the complete reason.

I am ok with delay if there is a good reason. Lack of planning and oversite by the people in charge of the program is not a good reason. IMO

How many hands are invoved in getting the production of this product? You have rubber seals, glass, window, plastics, locking systems....ect. before BOO HOO'ING on here, research your concern to find out if your complaints are justified our your just dissappointed because YOUR planning hads to be modified and YOU are inconvenienced because of it.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

You all want to point a finger? Directit twards the poeple who overreacted to the (not a) pandemic by forcing closures of the manufacturing processes. Im sure things were in place to get these out but with companies going out of business due to forced shutdowns and material productions process's shutting down ...etc..Fords is trying to accommodate res holders as best as they can and are more of a victim of politics then we are as individuals.

1Five1 Garage

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Apr 26, 2021
port saint lucie
First Name
SHAWN
Last Name
PATTEN
How many hands are invoved in getting the production of this product? You have rubber seals, glass, window, plastics, locking systems....ect. before BOO HOO'ING on here, research your concern to find out if your complaints are justified our your just dissappointed because YOUR planning hads to be modified and YOU are inconvenienced because of it.
First off I work in a Manufacturing industry building Jet Engines. I have been in the supervisory side of it as well. I know what it takes to keep the flow going. I also know that are enormous amount of management layers to avoid this situation. Meetings upon meetings to come up with a resolution. So before YOU jump anyone's ass for stating their disappointment in the situation do a little research in WHY that are disappointed.

Sorry if my wife's dream of having a Bronco to enjoy her first summer with after her 2.5 year fight with cancer is not a legitimate complaint for YOU. Sorry if my opinion about wishing I could make my wifes dream come true after cancer almost took her life if a *&^( inconvenience for YOU.

Last edited:

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

First off I work in a Manufacturing industry building Jet Engines. I have been in the supervisory side of it as well. I know what it takes to keep the flow going. I also know that are enormous amount of management layers to avoid this situation. Meetings upon meetings to come up with a resolution. So before YOU jump anyone's ass for stating their disappointment in the situation do a little research in WHY that are disappointed.

Sorry if my wife's dream of having a Bronco to enjoy her first summer with after her 2.5 year fight with cancer is not a legitimate complaint for YOU. Sorry if my opinion about wishing I could make my wifes dream come true after cancer almost took her life if a *&^( inconvenience for YOU.
Sorry for your troubles and I'm very happy for your families success in beating a disease that has plagued himanity for far too long. My comments weren't necessarily singularly directed at you. We all had expectations involving important milestones wrapped up in the delivery of this. Im just as disappointed and angry at the true cause of everyones inconvenience s with regard to the state we are in right now.
My best wishes go out to your family.

Reactions: TK1215 and Bronc96

1Five1 Garage

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Apr 26, 2021
port saint lucie
First Name
SHAWN
Last Name
PATTEN
Sorry for your troubles and I'm very happy for your families success in beating a disease that has plagued himanity for far too long. My comments weren't necessarily singularly directed at you. We all had expectations involving important milestones wrapped up in the delivery of this. Im just as disappointed and angry at the true cause of everyones inconvenience s with regard to the state we are in right now.
My best wishes go out to your family.
You quoted me soo....

And yes people who did what they needed to get an early Bronco like I did have ALL the right in the world to be upset. I was a day 1 reservation holder 7/13 @ 10pm and ordered it on 1/20 and 9 am EST, but my hands are tied and I can't do anything else but wait. Tell that to my wife when every Thursday she tries to hide her disappointment in what seems to be an endless ground hog week for her. All promises made by ford at the beginning about TIMESTAMP priorities are a BS. I have watched people with identical builds as mine minus color (unless cactus grey is a SIN that I don't know about) get build date and in production stamps who reserved well after I have. Am I going to cancel my order over a delay? @*&^ no, I actually ordered a second Bronco.

I have stated before we had to sell her Bronco she was building to cover the medical bills at the start of the fight. This is my way to make up to her what she had lost in the beginning. She means the World to me and will do anything for her, EVEN wait for the Bronco she wants. or Broncos for that matter.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

You quoted me soo....

And yes people who did what they needed to get an early Bronco like I did have ALL the right in the world to be upset. I was a day 1 reservation holder 7/13 @ 10pm and ordered it on 1/20 and 9 am EST, but my hands are tied and I can't do anything else but wait. Tell that to my wife when every Thursday she tries to hide her disappointment in what seems to be an endless ground hog week for her. All promises made by ford at the beginning about TIMESTAMP priorities are a BS. I have watched people with identical builds as mine minus color (unless cactus grey is a SIN that I don't know about) get build date and in production stamps who reserved well after I have. Am I going to cancel my order over a delay? @*&^ no, I actually ordered a second Bronco.

I have stated before we had to sell her Bronco she was building to cover the medical bills at the start of the fight. This is my way to make up to her what she had lost in the beginning. She means the World to me and will do anything for her, EVEN wait for the Bronco she wants. or Broncos for that matter.
Its a complete offensed to the senses when we encounter uncontrollable life changing circumstances. Its even exasperated when we can't get others to assist. My assessment of your personal situation is more of a dealer issue than a main plant decision. Im in no way a Ford appologist. I have to have a firm true direct of where I focus my emotional energy. I quoted your post as a simple anchor to make my point.
You actions and strength are admirable regarding your family. I hope you find the satisfaction your seeking. Try not to let a simple delay derail your anticipation.

Advocate I

Jun 27, 2021
Elkhart, In.
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Arms
I think a lot of what I read here is hearsay. Could Ford handle it better? Yes. Problem here is it's such its a cluster foo foo, they don't know which direction to go. Ford doesn't really care if they have to refund the $100 to everyone, heck they probably want orders to be cancelled. Eventually you will see so many on the road it will be sickening.

cdrdan71

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jul 27, 2020
Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Whitehurst
Member #

I’m not trying to worry about all of this. Am I disappointed—yes. I’m even scheduled for the off-rodeo in 2 weeks. I’m excited about owning my Bronco and haven’t owned one since I sold my 71 before I joined the military 21 years ago. So the anxiety and excitement are driving me crazy.
But I’m wondering if anyone is concerned at all about finance rates due to inflation? Rates are good now but how about those that have to wait for 6-12 months for our day 4 reservation.

Reactions: Bronc96 and TK1215

73chesney

Rank III

Supporter I

Apr 30, 2021
Germantown, Wisconsin
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Chesney
I am frustrated but reasonable. If I start to see "my build" sold at dealers before I get mine I think that would be a legit complaint. It will burn a little to see 2DRs, 4CYL, Soft tops, non-SAS etc but that is not what I wanted or ordered. Still hoping for my bday in November... 2021?