Ford Financing Question

Kathleen
Dec 04, 2021

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

My Bronco is en route. Whoop whoop! Now for the financing piece of the puzzle.

I'm curious Curious to hear about Ford Financing options. I plan to contact my dealer tomorrow to take care of as much as possible before delivery.

I've got almost half for my down payment and want to pay it off within 3 years. It's been a long, hard road but I've worked so hard, and I am grateful for my top notch credit at this stage of my life.

Curious to hear from anyone that financed through Ford. I know financing sometimes has a "sweet spot" for amount, down payment, and terms to find the best deal.

Anyone want to share what kind of interest rate and terms you got through Ford or other Lender?

Thanks!
Kathleen
OBX, 4D, Soft top, 2.7, Cyber Orange, Lux, Tow, BO Leather; Order 4/3, Prod Week 11/29, Blend Date 12/1, Delivery 12/11/21
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 04, 2021

Rank III

Dec 04, 2021

Im using my credit union usually better rates.
Bronco 202?

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

My Ford finance manager even admitted that Ford Credit is usually awful. They’re only preferable when they run 0-1.9% specials and it’s a guarantee they will not ever run those special offers for the first few years of Bronco’s return.
Shop around at your local credit unions and contact your own bank who’ve you’ve been with longest, to see what their best incentive is for people with qualifying credit. Don’t actually start applying for pre-approvals until you have confirmed the truck is at the lot ready for delivery and you’re within 24-48 hours of actually going to close the deal. You don’t want your credit run by a dozen lenders to wind up with an unnecessary hit to your score.
Chaos, the poacher

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

My Ford finance manager even admitted that Ford Credit is usually awful. They’re only preferable when they run 0-1.9% specials and it’s a guarantee they will not ever run those special offers for the first few years of Bronco’s return.
Shop around at your local credit unions and contact your own bank who’ve you’ve been with longest, to see what their best incentive is for people with qualifying credit. Don’t actually start applying for pre-approvals until you have confirmed the truck is at the lot ready for delivery and you’re within 24-48 hours of actually going to close the deal. You don’t want your credit run by a dozen lenders to wind up with an unnecessary hit to your score.
Thank you!
Kathleen
OBX, 4D, Soft top, 2.7, Cyber Orange, Lux, Tow, BO Leather; Order 4/3, Prod Week 11/29, Blend Date 12/1, Delivery 12/11/21

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

When i picked mine up, there were no incentives through ford credit. So @Broncadonk MKG is right. Either try your bank or (if the finance guy is worth his pay) get the banks to compete with each other to draw down the interest.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Kathleen

Rank 0

Dec 04, 2021

. Just pay for the whole thing when you pick it up. Cash. It’s so much easier.
tasker, Bespoke Bronco

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

Or finance half and save the other half for the gas pump apparently... :oops:
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Big Papa, Bespoke Bronco

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

The only people who pay cash for such large purchases are people with a lifetime’s worth of investment and retirement funds already settled, or people who keep stacks of cash in a safe under the bed with zero credit history who couldn’t finance a gas station hot dog if they tried
Big Papa, Bespoke Bronco

Libations MOD

Dec 04, 2021

The only people who pay cash for such large purchases are people with a lifetime’s worth of investment and retirement funds already settled, or people who keep stacks of cash in a safe under the bed with zero credit history who couldn’t finance a gas station hot dog if they tried
The only reason I am not paying it off with my crypto is then I can take it as a complete business tax writeoff for my taxes. So instead of paying it off cash since I can't finance a gas station hotdog I guess, I'll have it pay me back then with tax breaks. LMAO
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
jfhurls, FireOne

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

Since you are near a Holiday they might have a $500 retail cash bonus. You can refi at your Credit Union the next month. I have 2% for 72 months available @ my CU.
washope, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

I was thinking of doing a Lease then either buying it in 4 years or selling it before the end for profit. I would then get some kind of special edition or a nicer top. the problem is the residual is so bad. Only the Big Bend had a good one for 2021. I only drive about 5,000 miles a year so I might be able to sale used for $5,000 up If I dont sell it I give it back and get a new one.

Rank VI

Dec 04, 2021

Ford credit came back for me with 4% or something high for 72 months. Went with local Credit Union and got 2.74% for 72 months. This was in October
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Sdakotabronco, Kathleen

Rank V

Dec 05, 2021

The only reason I am not paying it off with my crypto is then I can take it as a complete business tax writeoff for my taxes. So instead of paying it off cash since I can't finance a gas station hotdog I guess, I'll have it pay me back then with tax breaks. LMAO

I should’ve included fine print that umbrellas biz owners and farmers in with the first group.
The majority of Americans don’t have the ability to pay for a $50g vehicle out-the-door in cash. I just get pretty peeved when people flaunt (indirectly) that they think auto loans are for peasants. I’ve met and worked with people from all social classes who finance their car, whether it’s a 2010 Civic or a 2022 Escalade. As long as it’s done wisely, car loans are beneficial in several ways.
IL21Bronco, Dramirez163

Rank VI

Dec 05, 2021

I should’ve included fine print that umbrellas biz owners and farmers in with the first group.
The majority of Americans don’t have the ability to pay for a $50g vehicle out-the-door in cash. I just get pretty peeved when people flaunt (indirectly) that they think auto loans are for peasants. I’ve met and worked with people from all social classes who finance their car, whether it’s a 2010 Civic or a 2022 Escalade. As long as it’s done wisely, car loans are beneficial in several ways.
I wish i could pay it off in cash but I am not fortunate enough for that. Everyone's finances are different and that doesn't make anyone better than anyone else. In the end, we all hopefully get to drive a sweet ride!!!
Wildtrak, hot pepper red, mic, Lux, tow...Totally worth it!!
IL21Bronco, Gocats

Rank V

Dec 05, 2021

I will get $515 monthly pension from Safeway starting soon. I will put enough down payment so my monthly will match.
Kathleen

Rank V

Dec 05, 2021

I will get $515 monthly pension from Safeway starting soon. I will put enough down payment so my monthly will match.$515 I haven’t worked there since 1993.

Rank V

Dec 05, 2021

Oh I am definitely better! It’s not because I have money, it’s cause I am conceited optimist! Lol Jk.

Fiance is the way to go! 60 or 63 months for USAA at 1.89%. I am only paying $2,500 in interest for a 45,000k vehicle. That’s a pretty good deal.
IL21Bronco, Dramirez163

Libations MOD

Dec 05, 2021

Ok, so cool and I have worked with and treated ALL social classes as a 20+ yr medic and NEVER judged a person on if they are paying cash or getting financing cuz who really gives 2 $hits anyways?? But that is your freedom to be judgemental so have at it
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
DSTAR777

Libations MOD

Dec 05, 2021

I wish i could pay it off in cash but I am not fortunate enough for that. Everyone's finances are different and that doesn't make anyone better than anyone else. In the end, we all hopefully get to drive a sweet ride!!!
absolutely agree!! Crazy how judgemental this world has come too! :mad: :mad:

Rank V

Dec 05, 2021

Ok, so cool and I have worked with and treated ALL social classes as a 20+ yr medic and NEVER judged a person on if they are paying cash or getting financing cuz who really gives 2 $hits anyways?? But that is your freedom to be judgemental so have at it
I love the sweet rides the guys are showing in the “What are you driving” thread. You will be seeing pictures of how I dress my Bronco no matter how I pay for it. When I get it.
Sdakotabronco, ResidualGenius