Ford Email to Dealers on Friday?

DeepCreek
Apr 24, 2021

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

I saw this email excerpt to dealers (supposedly sent yesterday) posted on the other site...in the interest of getting the word out to BN, I thought it was worth sharing here....I've asked my dealer to confirm it is legitimate; when he gets back to me I will update to confirm. While really nothing surprising to most of us, it does help one understand the current process and perspective of the Ford schedulers. I'm sure there will be some disagreement on the sequence of the three factors...

Begin email excerpt-------------------------------------
BRONCO SCHEDULING UPDATE

We completed our first full week of retail order scheduling. A few notes:

Commodity Ramp Up – Part availability will vary each week and month and will impact order scheduling sequence. For instance, we have heavy soft tops initially as hard tops ramp up, and so we had a higher mix of soft tops this month than our full year estimate calls for.

All Orders are in Play – Because of the commodities, all orders are in play. The scheduling system will still select based off (1) Dealer Allocation, (2) Commodities, and then (3) Timestamp, but because a lot of the orders are built very similarly, the system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean order.

To help better manage your customers’ expectations, starting with July production we will provide a National Bronco Commodity Report monthly (attached for June as reference) that will show our monthly build capacities compared to the full unscheduled order bank by key commodities. This will give direct line of site of our supply and demand on commodities and provide dealers with a resource to talk to customers about making potential changes to their orders to improve their build timing.

Scheduling Timeline

Thursday scheduling will continue on a weekly basis with the following monthly cadence:

· Week 1: First Editions

o NOTE: These will be scheduled throughout the entire Model Year. Additionally, all First Edition allocations were calculated based on # of First Edition orders in order bank as of March 19 deadline.

· Week 2: Dealer Earned Allocation – Non-First Edition Orders

· Week 3 & 4: Clean Up, As Necessary

As a reminder, we will send all order holders a communication in May notifying them of their estimated delivery timeframe based on their current build, production volume, and allocation
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Deedra, JMDESROCH
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2021

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

That clears up a few things, but it still seems odd since there have been some Oct orders get selected. I can't believe with all the orders they have they had to skip to an Oct order to find a "clean" one.
Deedra, Steve777468

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

That clears up a few things, but it still seems odd since there have been some Oct orders get selected. I can't believe with all the orders they have they had to skip to an Oct order to find a "clean" one.
Good point, but once within the "dealer allocation" part of the decision loop anything is possible given that working with 3000 dealers of all sizes will result in some weird dynamics.
Deedra, Ranjel

Libations MOD

Apr 24, 2021

That makes it clear as mud, so basically, your timestamp is one of the last deciding factors
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Deedra, Steve777468

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

That makes it clear as mud, so basically, your timestamp is one of the last deciding factors
That's about right...but that is within the context of the dealer allocation loop the schedulers first enter with decision point#1
Steve777468, Commodore

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 24, 2021

Yep,
Sever the leg to save the foot.
Clear as mud.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Steve777468, Commodore

Libations MOD

Apr 24, 2021

That's about right...but that is within the context of the dealer allocation loop the schedulers first enter with decision point#1
Guess I better take some more Cognac to my dealer to get bumped up more
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Deedra, Jakob1972

Rank V

Apr 24, 2021

The way I read this is that the timestamp is only relevant when compared to someone else at the same dealership if there are multiple buildable units during that particular scheduling cycle that the system needs to decide between. Dealer allocation then buildability rule the roost.
TheGinge, Deedra

Rank V

Apr 25, 2021

Timestamp means nothing, and Ford who had a full year to ramp up(collect all items/parts to build 1/2 of a years build total) can not even do that. They can build 750,000 truck in a year but can't build 60k Broncos? Hard tops are too hard to build as soft top reservations 9 months after fact skip 150k orders in line to be built the first month. You can't make this stuff up! My biggest gripe is the timestamp, because Ford made such a big deal about it. They outright lied to us about the Timestamp on our reservations. The best part is they don't care as they will sell each Bronco.....wow!
14U, NyVetteGuy

Rank VI

Apr 25, 2021

Timestamp means nothing, and Ford who had a full year to ramp up(collect all items/parts to build 1/2 of a years build total) can not even do that. They can build 750,000 truck in a year but can't build 60k Broncos? Hard tops are too hard to build as soft top reservations 9 months after fact skip 150k orders in line to be built the first month. You can't make this stuff up! My biggest gripe is the timestamp, because Ford made such a big deal about it. They outright lied to us about the Timestamp on our reservations. The best part is they don't care as they will sell each Bronco.....wow!
That's not how modern manufacturing works. Parts required to build vehicles are delivered Just In Time (JIT). that reduces inventory on hand and risk mitigation. Scheduling parts JIT to a line from many, many suppliers is very complex and any supply issues from the vendor can stop the production line.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Bronco_Girl, TEEDEE

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 25, 2021

Ford warned us quite a while ago that part supply was going to be a major factor as to build order. Maybe some just didn't understand what that really meant? I guess they do now.

So many act like manufacturing struggles never happened last year and should have stock pile of parts just sitting around to put together 100,000 Broncos. Maybe those covid immune elves didn't come in at night and make the parts. Or maybe Ford's goal all along was to F up the launch and piss off customers.

Ok, rant over........
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Jakob1972, Steve777468

Rank V

Apr 25, 2021

So as sit here and type away over Sunday morning coffee...I can't help but think that Ford forgot the old business adage of "under promise and over deliver" somewhere along the way with the Bronco. I give Ford credit for trying to relaunch and reimagine this iconic brand during a global pandemic and all that entails for the supply chain. Soupcook and Deano in the posts above hit the nail on the head with respect to that. Maybe the better decision would have been to delay the launch to this summer and begin with MY22, I don't know. Certainly that would have disappointed lots of folks but likely not have created the confusion and anger that has developed since last July. However, once the decision to proceed was made a series of ill-fated lesser decisions with respect to the ordering process has certainly made this harder then it could and should have been. The magical increase of FE reservations from 3500 to 7000; the balky B&P tool; MOD hardtops being pushed MY21, the sudden gifting of a priority order or two to each dealership, and the general lack of transparency into this first-time for Ford unique reservation and ordering process, all contributed to an erosion of confidence that leaves us where we are today.

The most significant of these decisions is considering dealer allocation as the #1 factor in the scheduling process and pushing the customer's timestamp to position #3. I get it, Ford and the dealers are in a long-term marriage. If one is not happy, then the other one isn't...so who are you going to make happy? In the process, the rest of the family, we (the loyal customers) are being treated like the kids...the parents (Ford and their dealerships) after making an unpopular decision (your timestamp is the last of the decision factors) may think..."Where are they going to go? Move in with the neighbors?" Well, they may have forgotten that they are dealing with adults who could just pickup and move in with the neighbor (the other car brand) down the street. This Bronco will be my 14th FMC product since 1990 (to date 5 Fords, 5 Lincolns and 3 Mercuries), so I have a ton of brand loyalty, the type Ford is clearly banking on in this, but boy, they are fiercely testing my patience. Will I jump off of the Bronco ship, probably not, but there are lots of folks out there that are fed up and may very well walk away now that the scheduling process has started. We have reached a point where it is unlikely that it can be made right by flipping these two factors (allocation and timestamp) in the formula, the Bronco left the stable when the first scheduling emails went out. In the end, I realize that their thinking may very well be "for everyone that walks there are 10 eager customers in line to get the Bronco, so no loss to the bottom-line." And that in this day and age probably sums it up, after all..."it's nothing personal, it's just business", sadly.
JMDESROCH, Heske007

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 25, 2021

So as sit here any type away over Sunday morning coffee...I can't help but think that Ford forgot the old business adage of "under promise and over deliver" somewhere along the way with the Bronco. I give Ford credit for trying to relaunch and reimagine this iconic brand during a global pandemic and all that entails for the supply chain. Soupcook and Deano in the posts above hit the nail on the head with respect to that. Maybe the better decision would have been to delay the launch to this summer and begin with MY22, I don't know. Certainly that would have disappointed lots of folks but likely not have created the confusion and anger that has developed since last July. However, once the decision to proceed was made a series of ill-fated lesser decisions with respect to the ordering process has certainly made this harder then it could and should have been. The magical increase of FE reservations from 3500 to 7000; the balky B&P tool; MOD hardtops being pushed MY21, the sudden gifting of a priority order or two to each dealership, and the general lack of transparency into this first-time for Ford unique reservation and ordering process, all contributed to an erosion of confidence that leaves us where we are today.

The most significant of these decisions is considering dealer allocation as the #1 factor in the scheduling process and pushing the customer's timestamp to position #3. I get it, Ford and the dealers are in a long-term marriage. If one is not happy, then the other one isn't...so who are you going to make happy? In the process, the rest of the family, we (the loyal customers) are being treated like the kids...the parents (Ford and their dealerships) after making an unpopular decision (your timestamp is the last of the decision factors) may think..."Where are they going to go? Move in with the neighbors?" Well, they may have forgotten that they are dealing with adults who could just pickup and move in with the neighbor (the other car brand) down the street. This Bronco will be my 14th FMC product since 1990 (to date 5 Fords, 5 Lincolns and 3 Mercuries), so I have a ton of brand loyalty, the type Ford is clearly banking on in this, but boy, they are fiercely testing my patience. Will I jump off of the Bronco ship, probably not, but there are lots of folks out there that are fed up and may very well walk away now that the scheduling process has started. We have reached a point where it is unlikely that it can be made right by flipping these two factors (allocation and timestamp) in the formula, the Bronco left the stable when the first scheduling emails went out. In the end, I realize that their thinking may very well be "for everyone that walks there are 10 eager customers in line to get the Bronco, so no loss to the bottom-line." And that in this day and age probably sums it up, after all..."it's nothing personal, it's just business", sadly.
S T O P !
Read the above “before” you read this.

DeepCreek of whom I don’t know.
Is not trying to be profound,

Ford has lost its way thru it’s marketing dept.
“Dealerships don’t buy automobiles “
Consumers do !
Unfortunately ,thousands of years later one fact holds true.
The Wealthy or connected will always be served first.
This is not a rant.
As a factual statement.
The fact is...
All were and are asked to dream and explore the natural world while we can, and share our experiences thru pics & peeps.
IMO-...
Don’t lose 2021 waiting for your ride.
Hook up with a buddy and go do !
Please, from an old guys perspective...
“Go Do”. Don’t lose a great summer waiting.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Deedra, KJC76

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 25, 2021

"Don’t lose 2021 waiting for your ride." Ford saw to that already.

"Hook up with a buddy and go do ! "
1 no one I know has a 2021 Bronco
2 I'm getting a Bronco because no one I know has a 4x4 that fishes, all my friends are married,died, or moved away.

I have to agree with Deepcreek and was more diplomatic than I would have been. I've acquiesced to the fact I will have to wait for this cluster function to end before I can buy a Bronco, maybe in 2023 2024?
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Life is a Highway

Apr 25, 2021

So as sit here and type away over Sunday morning coffee...I can't help but think that Ford forgot the old business adage of "under promise and over deliver" somewhere along the way with the Bronco. I give Ford credit for trying to relaunch and reimagine this iconic brand during a global pandemic and all that entails for the supply chain. Soupcook and Deano in the posts above hit the nail on the head with respect to that. Maybe the better decision would have been to delay the launch to this summer and begin with MY22, I don't know. Certainly that would have disappointed lots of folks but likely not have created the confusion and anger that has developed since last July. However, once the decision to proceed was made a series of ill-fated lesser decisions with respect to the ordering process has certainly made this harder then it could and should have been. The magical increase of FE reservations from 3500 to 7000; the balky B&P tool; MOD hardtops being pushed MY21, the sudden gifting of a priority order or two to each dealership, and the general lack of transparency into this first-time for Ford unique reservation and ordering process, all contributed to an erosion of confidence that leaves us where we are today.

Tell me 16 weeks and get it to me in 12? You are a GOD!
Commodore, DeepCreek

Rank V

Apr 25, 2021

Priority orders are pissing folks off imo. 3000 dealers with 1-2 Priority builds? 6k broncos using up parts that supposedly were to be used on broncos with early reservation times. I guess that's what happens when they keep changing the rules lol.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Bronco_Girl, Steve777468

Life is a Highway

Apr 25, 2021

Back a ways ago I had posted on one of these threads about the ordering process, and my observations and research about it. This was based on my personal experience in several purchases of vehicles and talking to several fleet managers at Ford dealerships over the years. I discussed my thoughts on the process and included in that was the dreaded dealer allocations and how it is a tool to prioritize an order within a dealerships overall weekly order. I got some pushback form a couple of people who didn’t necessarily agree with me. We all have to remember that the dealerships aren’t just ordering for us, they have numerous other customers who place orders also. Many of which spend a lot of money with that dealer. My dealership is more rural and sells tons of trucks, including lots of commercial trucks. So while they want to sell us our Broncos, it may not be of the highest priority. That’s why these codes 10-99 exist. My dealer has opted to make all Broncos 10 codes to let Ford know they want them to be a priority each week for their dealer orders. Other dealerships may not do this. That factors into how the orders are spread out over the year. They also have allocation numbers that can fluctuate based on total sales and what they are selling. Like I said, I don’t know if the almighty Oz will be pulling back the curtain to show us any time soon. Heck I don’t know if we can handle the truth!
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=NLNDYCsUEzk&usg=AOvVaw2ocq5OtxdoLqhyf1vodzfp
Jakob1972, Steve777468

Rank VI

Apr 25, 2021

If JIT is the reality then timestamps are not. They are (in this case) mutually exclusive.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 25, 2021

The 2 dealers local to me are a riot. The first dealer wouldn't take reservations at all. The second didn't want to know anything about the Bronco, if you weren't buying a 150 they had on the lot , they didn't want to know you.But I had a reservation with them.
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Rank III

Apr 25, 2021

FYI - saw on yahoo.com news feed by local Chicago station that the Classic Bronco plant was idle till May 15 ?? Due to computer chip shortage. Fact??
Guelde96, Chief1301