Ford A/Z Plan discounts

TEEDEE
Feb 16, 2021

Rank V

Feb 16, 2021

From what I understand, the A/D/X/Z plans are something the dealer may or may not participate in. The dealer I ordered my Bronco with indicated that they didn’t believe that we could use the A plan.

Does Ford offer any incentive for the dealer to apply the AZ discounts? I have purchased other vehicles using the A plan (at another dealer), using a PIN my brother supplied (He works for Ford), but I’m not familiar with the whole process. All I did to get the discount previously was to provide the PIN to the dealer, and they did the rest! I’ve moved to a new state since then and have been supporting a local dealer. This local dealer is who I initially placed my reservation with, last July. The dealer isn't asking any mark-up or additional fees or huge fees to place my order--I don't know why they wouldn't help his customer get the best deal possible. Especially since Ford makes up the difference.

Does anyone have any convincing arguments that could convince my local dealer to consider allowing the A plan?
4 Dr OB/Carbonized Grey/SAS/Soft Top/2.7L/Auto/Lux/Tow Pkg
Reserved-7/15/20, Initial Order-1/30/21, Updated to Soft Top-6/28/21, Scheduled Build-10/19/21, In Prod-10/25, Built 11/1/21, Del 11/30/21
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2021

Rank III

Feb 16, 2021

I guess the dealer must feel they can sell at full retail and get a little more money for the car but it is definitely available. You do have the option to move the reservation to another dealer that will accept your A plan though. Just don't delay and miss the March 19th cutoff.

Direct from the Reservation to Order FAQs posted numerous places:

Will Bronco two- and four- door offer AXZD Plan pricing?

Bronco will offer AZD (A = Employee, Z = Ford Retiree, D = Dealer) Plan pricing for all series except limited-run First Edition. X-plan (X = Friends & Family) will NOT be offered on any Bronco two- and four- door for the 21MY.

AZD Pricing is currently listed in WBDO
Deano Bronc, Cooknn

Rank IV

Feb 16, 2021

From what I understand, the A/D/X/Z plans are something the dealer may or may not participate in. The dealer I ordered my Bronco with indicated that they didn’t believe that we could use the A plan.

Does Ford offer any incentive for the dealer to apply the AZ discounts? I have purchased other vehicles using the A plan (at another dealer), using a PIN my brother supplied (He works for Ford), but I’m not familiar with the whole process. All I did to get the discount previously was to provide the PIN to the dealer, and they did the rest! I’ve moved to a new state since then and have been supporting a local dealer. This local dealer is who I initially placed my reservation with, last July. The dealer isn't asking any mark-up or additional fees or huge fees to place my order--I don't know why they wouldn't help his customer get the best deal possible. Especially since Ford makes up the difference.

Does anyone have any convincing arguments that could convince my local dealer to consider allowing the A plan?

A-Plan is definitely available and you can see A-Plan pricing in the build and price now for 2dr/4dr Bronco if you log in through the AXZ page to get to it.

My parents have had challenges using A-Plan a couple of times buying cars a couple of times. The salesman doesn't always know what to do with it so they will say you can't use it before doing any research to learn who can use it and how. You may have to ask to speak to a sales manager or someone else at the dealership who knows more.
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 16, 2021

Unfortunately dealerships are not required to participate in A-Plan pricing. Your brother can verify this by looking at A-Plan rules.

I would suggest talking to a manager to verify or switch dealerships.
BigHoof

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

Would you mind explaining the different plans? I recall I might be eligible through one of the groups I'm in but I'm not sure.
That's November Zero Papa Romeo Oscar
On order: Outer Banks 4-door, 2.7L, LUX, MIC Top, Cactus Grey, Towing, Advanced 4x4

Rank V

Mar 11, 2021

A-plan is for active Ford employees and their immediate family. Z-plan is similar to the A plan, except it's for retired Ford employees. X-plan is called 'Friends and Family', but from what I understand, it's not available for the Bronco. D-plan is for dealers and their employees. Of the four plans, the A and Z plans are usually the best of the bunch as they generally provide the best prices. The prices are set by Ford--it's the "no-haggle" price. Ford sets the deals depending on how popular a particular vehicle is.
4 Dr OB/Carbonized Grey/SAS/Soft Top/2.7L/Auto/Lux/Tow Pkg
Reserved-7/15/20, Initial Order-1/30/21, Updated to Soft Top-6/28/21, Scheduled Build-10/19/21, In Prod-10/25, Built 11/1/21, Del 11/30/21

Rank IV

Mar 11, 2021

I've used A plan and then Z plan on all my Ford vehicles. My father is retired from Ford after 35 years of service. My dealer had better honor my Z plan pricing or I will cause some real issues with them. I don't see how it would be in any dealers best interest to refuse A or Z plan pricing on the Bronco. That is a good way to get blackballed by a great number of dedicated buyers.