Rank III

Advocate III

Nov 13, 2021
Massachusetts
First Name
sheldon
Last Name
young
Sold my Bronco 2-Door Base through EBAY, November 2021.
$11,000. over MSRP, netting me $8,500.00 profit. Haters hate, but I really needed the money.
New rules, so you pay only an up front fee and no commission on the sale.
Personally, I think the 2-Doors will always bring more money/quicker sale than the 4-doors.

Rjcook

Rank IV

Supporter II

Jan 28, 2022
Alabama Crimson Tide, Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Also, for the EV plant...
They don't need 6 billion for a plant in India.
Ford is building all electric F150s and batteries just outside of Memphis TN starting in 2025. 6,500 employees. Construction just started about 15 miles east of the metro area off of I-40.
View attachment 29106
Yea let's all buy electric vehicles for off roading. Never seen a charging station on the Rubicon trail. Leave the electric trucks and cars for fleet sales. I won't buy one. See what lithium mining does to the environment. And the cost of battery replacement every 2 to three years. As well as disposal of the toxic batteries.

Reactions: ebrs929

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Yea let's all buy electric vehicles for off roading. Never seen a charging station on the Rubicon trail. Leave the electric trucks and cars for fleet sales. I won't buy one. See what lithium mining does to the environment. And the cost of battery replacement every 2 to three years. As well as disposal of the toxic batteries.
Thats only part of the problem, we don't have the grid or the generation to support all these electric toys.

Carbon capture will disrupt the whole thing.

Rjcook

Rank IV

Supporter II

Jan 28, 2022
Alabama Crimson Tide, Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Thats only part of the problem, we don't have the grid or the generation to support all these electric toys.

Carbon capture will disrupt the whole thing.
I saw Tesla charging stations all over Colorado but never saw anyone using them. Traveling cross country in some places gas stations were far between in rural areas much less charging stations. Emagine the lines at the terminals waiting for a charge if they become mainstream. 30+ min for a charge every 300 miles.

Reactions: 14U

BuckYeah

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2021
Seattle
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

Well, if it was me I would keep it, order what I truly want since you ordered what FMC wanted to build you, and then once that next order is ready sell your current Bronco
I have a friend who is doing exactly this. He wanted a Bronco badly and chose the least-selected options to help his initial order along. He also ordered a second unit with everything he truly wanted in a "keeper" Bronco. He got the first one and is driving it around (gently) until the one he actually wants arrives.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

I have a friend who is doing exactly this. He wanted a Bronco badly and chose the least-selected options to help his initial order along. He also ordered a second unit with everything he truly wanted in a "keeper" Bronco. He got the first one and is driving it around (gently) until the one he actually wants arrives.
I'm half tempted to put in a base soft-top, mid, Aux switches, and see how quick I get it and keep my WT order coming someday

Midnight Blue

Rank III

Promoter III

Jan 30, 2021
Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Nope
Member #

Just because Ferd doesn't offer it, doesn't mean you can't, other financial institutions offer lease programs.
Do you believe there’s a glut of such leases, that will be “dumped” on the market?

Back to flipping.
I’m pretty sure you brought up the leases, saying that the flipping market will be disrupted by some massive wave of ending leases in two years.

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Do you believe there’s a glut of such leases, that will be “dumped” on the market?

I’m pretty sure you brought up the leases, saying that the flipping market will be disrupted by some massive wave of ending leases in two years.
2 year lease will be dumped in 2 years. If people intended on keeping a car they would finance it.Leasees won't go for another Bronco.
Ford output will go up, more cars on the market and less buyers. Interest levels won't remain this high. Look at 78-79 the numbers jumped,
1978- 77,917 units
1979 -104,038 units
1980-44,353 units

In 1980 it dropped to less than half of the previous year and stayed that way for years. Its going to happen again. There is a finite number of Bronco buyers,The Bronco is a niche market vehicle it doesn't appeal to the numbers as a F150.
You will have more cars on the market than buyers at that time.We've seen this with other cars.
This is related to flipping because the window to make money on this is small.Especially with Ford cracking down on dealers charging more than MSRP. The flippers won't have a market and they will dry up.So the sales numbers will go down too, it seem there is a fair amount of buyers only buying to flip.

Cyraj

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 15, 2022
Moore, OK, USA
First Name
Cyraj
Last Name
E
What makes it all right for you to sell for profit and wrong for the dealer to sell with adm?

Honest question.

If you don’t want it, reorder today and let go of this order.
Another option would be reorder then trade/sell it in when your new order comes in.

By flipping it you’re no different than those dealers who sell at an adm in the first place.
Hi,
Is there significant daylight between what I proposed and general supply and demand economics that we tend to accept without much hesitation when it comes to other non-essentials goods and services?

It goes without saying there are no guarantees and there's a real possibility that I won't be able to flip the vehicle for enough profit to make it worthwhile, and that's okay. My livelihood is not flipping broncos. Rather I'm simply exploring options to get me what I want while getting ahead at the same time.

Last edited:

Bob Blaylock

Rank III

Supporter I

Feb 20, 2022
N 38 29 W 121 26
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Blaylock
When my Bronco finally arrives, I have no intention of selling it, even if I have the opportunity to do so at a grand profit.

I did not order it because of any potential to make a profit by flipping it. I ordered it because I want it for itself.

On a related note, my brother did once flip a pickup truck. He came out with only minor injuries, but the truck was totaled.

JRHopp

Rank IV

Supporter III

Oct 7, 2020
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hopping
I recently visited two local dealers - no brands mentioned - now selling at MSRP ... no market adjustment and no ridiculous DOC fees. I recall a few months ago visiting an RV lot .... "Supply and demand, $15k over MSRP, better take what you can get, Mmm Hmm" ... Just drove past the lot the other day and it's full of RVs and campers. The local car lots are full of used, over-priced vehicles. Where's the demand? I'm starting to see cracks. People keep spewing this "Supply and Demand" social media - Google-Nomics phrase like it means something. Bronco is overvalued and well played by Ford ... their marketing is remarkable. I came here to rejoice over the new Bronco and instead I'm reading about guys who were assigned Broncos ... my God! Assigned a Raptor and they have no intent on keeping ... Flip Flip Flip.

Well... Ford took $6 billion in bailout in 2008. Maybe they need new jets for their execs ... or perhaps its money for a new EV plant in India. I'll wait with you ... Big 3 bankruptcies will be entertaining.
Better fact check because Ford didn’t take Bail out. They borrowed and planned. It doesn’t change the dialogue over supply and demand. I’ve considered selling my Bronco when u finally get it too. But I’ve waited too long for that to make sense. I think the Bronco will hold value for a while. If someone wants to play the game and make a quick Buck, that’s on them. I just want to enjoy the truck I’ve spent almost two years obsessing over.

Brsox

Rank IV

Promoter III

Dec 9, 2021
Rhode Island
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Berg
I recall the 2008 crash and when in spring of 2020 opportunity presented itself I took action. I'm going wait until all the foolishness is over and when the dealers are sweating over trying to move inventory, then I might buy.
Back then , you couldn't even trade in a truck or SUV. Dealerships had signs telling you so...."No Trucks or SUVs accepted in trade". When the next crash happens, combined with $8 gas, you won't be able to give them away.

Promoter II

Feb 21, 2022
Everett, WA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Thomas
2 year lease will be dumped in 2 years. If people intended on keeping a car they would finance it.Leasees won't go for another Bronco.
Ford output will go up, more cars on the market and less buyers. Interest levels won't remain this high. Look at 78-79 the numbers jumped,
1978- 77,917 units
1979 -104,038 units
1980-44,353 units

In 1980 it dropped to less than half of the previous year and stayed that way for years. Its going to happen again. There is a finite number of Bronco buyers,The Bronco is a niche market vehicle it doesn't appeal to the numbers as a F150.
You will have more cars on the market than buyers at that time.We've seen this with other cars.
This is related to flipping because the window to make money on this is small.Especially with Ford cracking down on dealers charging more than MSRP. The flippers won't have a market and they will dry up.So the sales numbers will go down too, it seem there is a fair amount of buyers only buying to flip.
I agree with what you are saying about market saturation after time and buy to re-sale at higher price when low volume, however one other thing that is also happening is a lot of people retiring (Boomers) and searching out fun vehicles, this may help the lease dump due to getting a less used vehicle at a lower price, will be interesting to see in future. Great post and Keep on Keepin' on.

Promoter II

Feb 21, 2022
Everett, WA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Thomas
I recently visited two local dealers - no brands mentioned - now selling at MSRP ... no market adjustment and no ridiculous DOC fees. I recall a few months ago visiting an RV lot .... "Supply and demand, $15k over MSRP, better take what you can get, Mmm Hmm" ... Just drove past the lot the other day and it's full of RVs and campers. The local car lots are full of used, over-priced vehicles. Where's the demand? I'm starting to see cracks. People keep spewing this "Supply and Demand" social media - Google-Nomics phrase like it means something. Bronco is overvalued and well played by Ford ... their marketing is remarkable. I came here to rejoice over the new Bronco and instead I'm reading about guys who were assigned Broncos ... my God! Assigned a Raptor and they have no intent on keeping ... Flip Flip Flip.

Well... Ford took $6 billion in bailout in 2008. Maybe they need new jets for their execs ... or perhaps its money for a new EV plant in India. I'll wait with you ... Big 3 bankruptcies will be entertaining.
Great post, the market is crazy right now. Here is an example of some stuff, so Memorial Day weekend I bought a Jeep Cherokee with the 3.2 v6 option and found the one I wanted on an internet special of 19.500 ish, then last year get a thing from dealership that can sale back. So it is just getting ready to turn 20K miles, anyway have looked around the same year with higher mileage and the 4 cylinder are selling for around 4K more than I paid, now that is in the area where I live, probably different everywhere gut crazy all the same. Keep on Keepin' on.

JRHopp

Rank IV

Supporter III

Oct 7, 2020
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hopping
I drove to the Land Rover dealership today to look at a “trophy Land Rover” that was listed for 116,000 used! I don’t think I’ll be trading the bronco for that.