Fixed hardtops start shipping out THIS WEEK!

NickP
Sep 07, 2021

Rank V

Sep 07, 2021

Ford confirms it will ship new Bronco hardtops, Broncos this week
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held back then shipping those vehicles immediately.

"Testing has been completed," said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco marketing manager, told the Free Press on Tuesday. "We're ramping up production of the new roof and waiting for those units."

Three weeks ago, Ford announced that it would replace all 2021 Bronco hardtops for customers and dealers after extreme water and humidity changed their appearance.

In addition, Ford held its massive supply of non-delivered vehicles in large lots as the manufacturing process evolved.

In early July, the Free Press first reported that the Webasto hardtop problems were disrupting production and delivery of a product the began with 125,000 orders.

Ford began shipping the hot new SUV from its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne in mid-June. A combination of the chip shortage, COVID-19 challenges and supply chain issues combined with a manufacturing problem to create a high-profile headache.

"We’ve started the roof replacements on the hardtop. We’ll be continuing to ramp that up to replace the roofs on vehicles currently being held needing the new roof," Grueber told the Free Press. "Shortly, we’ll be starting to send the new roofs out to dealers for those vehicles that have already been delivered. We expect to be shipping the roofs and the Broncos with the new roofs within the week."
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...rd-bronco-hardtops-ready-shipping/5754266001/
@Laura definitely going to want this one as a news story! Awesome news and fingers crossed that this is a permanent solution.
Ditchrunner, jlpotter68
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 07, 2021

Rank V

Sep 07, 2021

Whew - awesome to hear for all you hard-toppers out there. Selfishly I'm happy my soft-top got out late last week / early this week (got the shipping notice yesterday!) before all the masses sitting in purgatory got in. See y'all on the trails!
Bronco 4-dr Outer Banks
High Package / Sasquatch. First off-road ready vehicle, let's do this.
Paleos, Speed Devil

Rank III

Sep 07, 2021

This is great news.
CliffCo, Speed Devil

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Sep 07, 2021

This is one of those Pinch me, I must be dreaming moments

mines in production, im actually gonna get it??
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Shadowblade, CliffCo

Rank VI

Sep 07, 2021

Great news! But I also can't shake the feeling that something's fishy about this. Why would Ford subject themselves to so much negative press for what amounted to a 3 week delay? That's a drop in the bucket compared to how long some folks have been waiting. I guess they had no way of knowing how long it would take Webasto to catch up, but still. Very odd. Here I was thinking that, as a soft top order, I'd slide forward in the queue a bit since they weren't producing hard tops.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
JMDESROCH, SuperMike

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Sep 07, 2021

finally.. some great news!!!!
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22
Jakob1972, Speed Devil

Rank VI

Sep 07, 2021

Don't want to be negative but something smells funny about this...... Hope it's true though (as someone who's bronco is in dirt mountain)
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Shadowblade, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Sep 07, 2021

High hopes! I just sold my "other car" today, so it be nice to put this pony in its stable!
I wasn't there...
westtexaswanderer, CliffCo

Sep 07, 2021

Great news! But I also can't shake the feeling that something's fishy about this. Why would Ford subject themselves to so much negative press for what amounted to a 3 week delay? That's a drop in the bucket compared to how long some folks have been waiting. I guess they had no way of knowing how long it would take Webasto to catch up, but still. Very odd. Here I was thinking that, as a soft top order, I'd slide forward in the queue a bit since they weren't producing hard tops.
Don't want to be negative but something smells funny about this...... Hope it's true though (as someone who's bronco is in dirt mountain)

1631044694412.png
Curtiss BadSas, IL21Bronco

Life is a Highway

Sep 07, 2021

And that was why I chose to wait. It was about getting as many Bronco’s of all configurations, out to the masses as soon as possible. Ford and every other manufacture are desperate for sales. Bottom line, they need units out and sold. Period

Rank VI

Sep 07, 2021

I sure can understand the "fishy" comments. This reads like it was written by either a non-native speaker, or an elementary school kid.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
JMDESROCH, IL21Bronco

Rank II

Sep 07, 2021

Waiting for the mail...super excited (again) ....

Sep 07, 2021

In other words:

Trapperjohn, Rydfree

Rank VI

Sep 07, 2021

Don’t forget, they’re only scheduling FE’s this week. I’m tempering my excitement for that reason alone.
CliffCo, Speed Devil

Sep 07, 2021

Don’t forget, they’re only scheduling FE’s this week. I’m tempering my excitement for that reason alone.

If indeed Fords messing with us;
8345E5D8-BD1A-42A5-94C9-A4BF6367FEF9.png

Rank V

Sep 07, 2021

Hopefully they just didn't know how long it would take so they had to prepare for the worst? My biggest concern is that this quick turnaround is without thorough testing in all conditions (extreme cold, heat, humidity, arid/dry, etc.). I'd love to see what the new hard tops look like, as well... what is improved, what isn't. Did they take the opportunity to improve overall quality?
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Sep 07, 2021

"Testing has been completed," said Mark Grueber the testing consisted of dropping one from the 33rd floor of Nakatomi Plaza tower.Unlike Hans the top survived.
DRWright, glamosaurus

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Sep 08, 2021

In other words:

Note to self : Don't read the forum on my big screen TV while sitting in the dark
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
1Five1 Garage, Shadowblade

Rank V

Sep 08, 2021

Just FEs? Where is this mysterious schedule... I'm picturing them starting at the outer edge of the lot and then slapping on MICs as they drive them out of the lot. This "comprehensive inspection" might take a while though. I'll picture a Take 5 Oil Change booth for that...

Rank VI

Sep 08, 2021

Just FEs? Where is this mysterious schedule... I'm picturing them starting at the outer edge of the lot and then slapping on MICs as they drive them out of the lot. This "comprehensive inspection" might take a while though. I'll picture a Take 5 Oil Change booth for that...

There is a thread called "IS BRONCO SCHEDULING THIS WEEK? (An Explainer) + Ask me your Ford Production Questions" where @Gloff posts info on what is previewing that week. On Monday he posted:

Cleanup Scheduling this week, only First Editions scheduling. Build weeks 10/4-10/18.
JMDESROCH, Deano Bronc