Fishing!

Summer Love
May 05, 2021

Rank 0

May 05, 2021

Hi all! I plan to use my Bronco (OBX, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, Tow, Aux) primarily as a daily driver. Other than boating, our primary family activity is fishing, requiring transporting fishing rods / gear several times per week to our boat docked nearby, and for surf fishing, during the season. While waiting for my build date, I thought it would be fun to obsess over accessories to configure the Bronco for fishing.

I don’t really like the idea of hauling rods on the hood or on a front bumper hitch (as it would obscure the view while driving), and would prefer the Yakima roof rack with roof top fishing rod mount. Alternatively, I would consider a trailer hitch rod holder.

I also like the Rigid mirror and roof mounted light kits to help transport gear from the Bronco to the beach for surf fishing at night.

Anything else?

I would appreciate any feedback and recommendations.
Bronc96, Steve777468
Last edited by a moderator: May 05, 2021

Rank VI

May 05, 2021

I have the Yakima Reel Deal, found here:

https://yakima.com/products/reeldeal
I got it a few months ago, and I don't know how I lived life without it.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank VI

May 05, 2021

I really like the RoadShower... (I think Yakima owns the brand now)

While I think it could really be an accessory for any outdoor activity, I think this especially useful near sandy areas. Could also be useful if you clean the fish on site.
[O- 725 -O]
Bronc96, TK1215

Rank VI

May 05, 2021

Yep, Yakima picked up the Road Shower. There are some other, less expensive but similar, products on the market now. Or you can build your own!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Bronc96, Summer Love

Rank VI

May 06, 2021

Hi all! I plan to use my Bronco (OBX, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, Tow, Aux) primarily as a daily driver. Other than boating, our primary family activity is fishing, requiring transporting fishing rods / gear several times per week to our boat docked nearby, and for surf fishing, during the season. While waiting for my build date, I thought it would be fun to obsess over accessories to configure the Bronco for fishing.

I don’t really like the idea of hauling rods on the hood or on a front bumper hitch (as it would obscure the view while driving), and would prefer the Yakima roof rack with roof top fishing rod mount. Alternatively, I would consider a trailer hitch rod holder.

I also like the Rigid mirror and roof mounted light kits to help transport gear from the Bronco to the beach for surf fishing at night.

Anything else?

I would appreciate any feedback and recommendations.
Welcome aboard to BN!

I too plan on using my Bronc to get out to the beach for fishing. I frequent the Carolina coast for surf fishing and love hitting the beaches in the OBX. The Yakima rack looks cools that Aces shared and definitely will need some aux lighting for driving on the beach at night. I was eyeing the tailgate fold out table as well in the accessories catalog.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue