First time off-roading the basesquatch Bronco!

NickP
Nov 22, 2021

Rank V

Nov 22, 2021

So my Bronco arrived a couple weeks back, I’ve just been insanely busy with my new job I haven’t even had a chance to really take it off road… until today. B6892303-BA31-4C77-9AE1-D09D2DFA4B07.jpeg
Had an absolute blast going out to Sycamore creek a few miles outside of Phoenix. Didn’t do any real rock crawling because of the lack of skids and rock rails on the base, but this thing did great on the couple of hill climbs I did. And absolutely bombing down the washboard roads it did great, night and day Vs. the wrangler. It just feels super controlled, and man finally getting to whip it using the trail turn assist was amazing. I also ran into another Bronco out there!564F709B-E4EA-4306-964B-D1A7F08587B7.jpeg
Sir, I know you’re here but your name escapes me. His son Tripp is was a great cameraman while climbing that rock for me! Sorry I lost you guys, I noticed y’all weren’t behind me but when I flipped around you guys were gone! I’ll see y’all back out there for sure!

A couple points of note from both this off road experience and general ownership;

-Man, the jealous looks from Wrangler owners are hilarious. Worth the price alone.
-Everyone loves this thing, it really just puts smiles on people’s faces which is my favorite thing. It’s like a puppy or something lol.
-Self control is required to not become a menace to your neighborhood because speed bumps become a non-factor in this vehicle.
-Base needs skids REAL bad. I scraped up the plastic air dam coming off that rock… not a good sound to hear lol. Hopefully there’s aftermarket options sooner rather than later.
-How Bronco handles is just on another level compared to most SUV’s. The steering feel is fantastic, and maneuverability is WAY better than you’d expect from a vehicle this size. Going through some windy trails with trees on both sides, I was able to avoid the vast majority of the pinstriping that I probably deserved.
-Don’t litter. Caught this on camera… Bronco owners definitely need to be better than this.39AD7D3F-1D24-409B-9058-2E018F08E379.jpeg
The silver on the right hand side next to the Jeep is a beer can. I honestly should’ve called the police and got his plate. Stuff like this make me SO mad… Luckily the Bronco community is better ;)

Overall I’m loving this thing. Anyone worried about the wait, it is 100% worth it. You’re going to love it!
8663229F-BA41-42D0-BBDB-B0150E0A7244.jpeg
I made tiktok as well to show off some of what we did!
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd2U1jcW/
BuckYeah, ResidualGenius

Home, home on the range

Nov 22, 2021

Awesome! Great post.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
NickP

Rank III

Nov 22, 2021

Awesome Pics and great Post! Thanks for sharing…
NickP

Rank VI

Nov 22, 2021

So my Bronco arrived a couple weeks back, I’ve just been insanely busy with my new job I haven’t even had a chance to really take it off road… until today. View attachment 22364
Had an absolute blast going out to Sycamore creek a few miles outside of Phoenix. Didn’t do any real rock crawling because of the lack of skids and rock rails on the base, but this thing did great on the couple of hill climbs I did. And absolutely bombing down the washboard roads it did great, night and day Vs. the wrangler. It just feels super controlled, and man finally getting to whip it using the trail turn assist was amazing. I also ran into another Bronco out there!View attachment 22365
Sir, I know you’re here but your name escapes me. His son Tripp is was a great cameraman while climbing that rock for me! Sorry I lost you guys, I noticed y’all weren’t behind me but when I flipped around you guys were gone! I’ll see y’all back out there for sure!

A couple points of note from both this off road experience and general ownership;

-Man, the jealous looks from Wrangler owners are hilarious. Worth the price alone.
-Everyone loves this thing, it really just puts smiles on people’s faces which is my favorite thing. It’s like a puppy or something lol.
-Self control is required to not become a menace to your neighborhood because speed bumps become a non-factor in this vehicle.
-Base needs skids REAL bad. I scraped up the plastic air dam coming off that rock… not a good sound to hear lol. Hopefully there’s aftermarket options sooner rather than later.
-How Bronco handles is just on another level compared to most SUV’s. The steering feel is fantastic, and maneuverability is WAY better than you’d expect from a vehicle this size. Going through some windy trails with trees on both sides, I was able to avoid the vast majority of the pinstriping that I probably deserved.
-Don’t litter. Caught this on camera… Bronco owners definitely need to be better than this.View attachment 22367
The silver on the right hand side next to the Jeep is a beer can. I honestly should’ve called the police and got his plate. Stuff like this make me SO mad… Luckily the Bronco community is better ;)

Overall I’m loving this thing. Anyone worried about the wait, it is 100% worth it. You’re going to love it!
View attachment 22368
I made tiktok as well to show off some of what we did!
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd2U1jcW/
Very nice content thanks for sharing. That heep(heap..) driver deserves to have his spare flattened. "Just cant abide useless people. " So glad you first dirt was a good one. How did yours do in that spot that the one infront one caught air? Looks like thier not squatched. Just curious if your with squatch faired better?
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Top Dawg, NickP

Rank V

Nov 22, 2021

Very nice content thanks for sharing. That heep(heap..) driver deserves to have his spare flattened. "Just cant abide useless people. " So glad you first dirt was a good one. How did yours do in that spot that the one infront one caught air? Looks like thier not squatched. Just curious if your with squatch faired better?

I just cruised right down it, but I also took a different line. You are right they just had a badlands non Sasquatch, but it handled everything!
Top Dawg, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Nov 22, 2021

Sweet. It Looked like they tested the bash plates a bit..lmao. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :alien:
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Top Dawg, NickP

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 22, 2021

I just cruised right down it, but I also took a different line. You are right they just had a badlands non Sasquatch, but it handled everything!
What's your plan for bash plates?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank V

Nov 22, 2021

What's your plan for bash plates?

I’m hoping that something aftermarket besides the ARB option (that is still out of stock everywhere)comes out soon. The ARB one looks decent but no gas tank skid is a bit annoying. Hauk off road says they also have options on the way but I think we are still a few months from having something I can actually buy.
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Nov 22, 2021

We are here and checking out your post. Tripp is my boy and I am Ed. I am sure we will see you out on the trails another time.20211121_150835.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Sdakotabronco, NickP

Rank VI

Nov 22, 2021

Awesome post, love seeing pics of Broncos doing what they were made to do.
Slownstddy, Top Dawg

Libations MOD

Nov 22, 2021

So my Bronco arrived a couple weeks back, I’ve just been insanely busy with my new job I haven’t even had a chance to really take it off road… until today.
Come on ATT In-Car WiFi LOL
I hope to hell it works good as I see a lot of windshield office time once mine gets here LOL and then of course just another reason the Bronco is a full tax write off too LOL
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Top Dawg

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Nov 22, 2021

Awesome review! Sounds like you had (and are having) a blast. Trail slobs disappoint me too. I’ve gone on a few trailhead cleanups with the Subaru gang and it was always sad to see the disgraceful way some people treat the trails and outdoors in general. When I’m doubt, it’s always wise and important to be a good ambassador. This is the only planet we’ve got and we shouldn’t treat it like a trash can. That said, I’m sure you will represent the Bronco community well, given your disgust with those who pollute. It was also interesting to hear what your initial trail venture told you what your first mods should be. Bash plates are in your future! Thanks for sharing the ride with us.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Deano Bronc, NickP

Rank V

Nov 22, 2021

We are here and checking out your post. Tripp is my boy and I am Ed. I am sure we will see you out on the trails another time.View attachment 22381
ED! I’m the worst with names, my bad. What a blast that was, it was great to meet you! Thanks for allowing me to tag along with you guys, looking forward to future bronco trail rides and meetups with you guys!
Top Dawg