First Impressions

ChapEJF
Apr 04, 2021

Rank V

Apr 04, 2021

I was able to view, touch, sit in, etc. the new Bronco today at Sheehy Ford in Richmond, VA and I wanted to share my first impressions. Many thanks to Sheehy Ford for a great event and a little bit of swag even though I did not order through them. So here goes!
BLUF (Bottom Line Upfront): Wow! It is well worth the wait.
Broncos: BD Sasquatch, 4DR in AMB; BL Non-Sas, 4DR in Iconic Silver
Stance: Classy, Confident, Capable
Exterior: From the front it has a very full and almost imposing look. It is minimal with a classic yet modern feel.
Interior: Front seat area is more like a cockpit. It is functional and very well laid out. The front seats felt just as good as my Volvo XC60, and that is saying a lot! The rear is roomy and open. The MGV seats felt very soft but durable and almost cool to the touch; more like soft leather than other vinyls that I have have seen in vehicles. The cargo area maximizes the space very well and the swing gate opening is very wide.
Pros: There is a very good balance between design and functionality, form and function. This is a vehicular multi-tool. Every space and component seems to contribute to its utility.
Cons: Ok, if I have to! The unknowns - reliability and durability. Aesthetically and for practicality sake I cannot do the soft top.
Wife and Daughter's Impressions: Nice looking, Symmetrical, Accessible and Comfortable
Compared to Wrangler: Night and day difference in the system integration, accessibility and comfort. The Wrangler in comparison (IMHO) is instantly antiquated, tight and the space is not used as efficiently. This is not a one up on Wrangler but a reinterpretation. I see elements of the Wrangler, 4Runner, Land Rover and others in this package. While it may appear a lot like a Wrangler in configuration the Bronco differentiates itself immediately. The Bronco makes use of everything that is available right now without having to bow to the technological gods of the past. Ok, that might get me some flak but it is my honest opinion.
Conclusion: This Bronco is a big promise from Ford and big promises demand big follow through. Ford must remain focused for years to come to reestablish the Bronco and keep it competitive and from all I see I think they are committed.
Saddle up, it is going to be a Wild Ride!
4DR OBX, A51, 2.3L/Auto, Soft Top, High Package, 4.27 Locking Rear Diff, AUX Switches
Reserved: 7/14/20, Ordered: 1/29/21, Built: 9/7/21, Assumed the Reins: 9/14/21
Bronc96, Pattertj
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 04, 2021

No Ragerts

Apr 04, 2021

Thanks for the insight. The roadshow-n-tell in NY doesn’t start until mid May...

I remain really excited about finally getting to see, touch & experience one firsthand so I appreciate your post @ChapEJF
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
TK1215, SaddleUpWild

Rank V

Apr 04, 2021

Thanks for the insight. The roadshow-n-tell in NY doesn’t start until mid May...

I remain really excited about finally getting to see, touch & experience one firsthand so I appreciate your post @ChapEJF
Glad to share the joy. As I said, it really is worth the wait.
4DR OBX, A51, 2.3L/Auto, Soft Top, High Package, 4.27 Locking Rear Diff, AUX Switches
TK1215, SaddleUpWild

Life is a Highway

Apr 04, 2021

I was able to view, touch, sit in, etc. the new Bronco today at Sheehy Ford in Richmond, VA and I wanted to share my first impressions. Many thanks to Sheehy Ford for a great event and a little bit of swag even though I did not order through them. So here goes!
Exterior: From the front it has a very full and almost imposing look. It is minimal with a classic yet modern feel.
Interior: Front seat area is more like a cockpit. It is functional and very well laid out. The front seats felt just as good as my Volvo XC60, and that is saying a lot! The rear is roomy and open. The MGV seats felt very soft but durable and almost cool to the touch; more like soft leather than other vinyls that I have have seen in vehicles. The cargo area maximizes the space very well and the swing gate opening is very wide.
Pros: There is a very good balance between design and functionality, form and function. This is a vehicular multi-tool. Every space and component seems to contribute to its utility.
Cons: Ok, if I have to! The unknowns - reliability and durability. Aesthetically and for practicality sake I cannot do the soft top.
Wife and Daughter's Impressions: Nice looking, Symmetrical, Accessible and Comfortable
Compared to Wrangler: Night and day difference in the system integration, accessibility and comfort. The Wrangler in comparison (IMHO) is instantly antiquated, tight and the space is not used as efficiently. This is not a one up on Wrangler but a reinterpretation. I see elements of the Wrangler, 4Runner, Land Rover and others in this package. While it may appear a lot like a Wrangler in configuration the Bronco differentiates itself immediately. The Bronco makes use of everything that is available right now without having to bow to the technological gods of the past. Ok, that might get me some flak but it is my honest opinion.
Conclusion: This Bronco is a big promise from Ford and big promises demand big follow through. Ford must remain focused for years to come to reestablish the Bronco and keep it competitive and from all I see I think they are committed.
Great review
Jakob1972, 14U

Rank VI

Apr 04, 2021

What’s funny, is that we all now know Immediately what this means. (As opposed to a year ago)

Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Bronc96, SaddleUpWild

Road trip!!!

Apr 04, 2021

What’s funny, is that we all now know Immediately what this means. (As opposed to a year ago)

Might be because we eat, sleep and breath BRONCO! :p
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Bronc96, SaddleUpWild

Rank III

Apr 04, 2021

Thanks for the review. I cannot wait for my chance at the show-n-tell her in Colorado. Whenever that may be!
SaddleUpWild, ChapEJF

Rank III

Apr 04, 2021

Thanks for great review. Got me pumped to go to mine in Cleveland tomorrow
SaddleUpWild, ChapEJF
OBXBroncoGuy

Rank V

Apr 08, 2021

Thanks for great review. Got me pumped to go to mine in Cleveland tomorrow
Thanks and I hope your experience was as good as mine.
TK1215, SaddleUpWild

Rank V

Apr 08, 2021

I just did mine at Sheehy Ford in Springfield. Really nice and can’t wait for my bronco.
Great pics and thanks for posting! This tour is really very helpful for those of us who have weathered the long cold winter of delays and uncertainty. I cannot wait for my dealer to get their FCTP (?) vehicle for test drives and then in May our projected build dates. Ford sure does know how to play this out and give us a morsel here and there until we get our Bronco.
Deano Bronc, TK1215
OBXBroncoGuy

Apr 08, 2021

I didn’t add all the pics, just a few...if you guys want, I can post more!
Deano Bronc, 14U

Rank V

Apr 09, 2021

I didn’t add all the pics, just a few...if you guys want, I can post more!
That would be great, thanks. I think I will post some as well.
Bschurr, SaddleUpWild

Rank V

Apr 09, 2021

Just a few from last Saturday at Sheehy Ford in Richmond.IMG_1060.jpeg
IMG_1026.jpegIMG_1034.jpegIMG_1087.jpegIMG_1112.jpegIMG_1072.jpegIMG_1089.jpeg
Deano Bronc, Bschurr
OBXBroncoGuy

Apr 09, 2021

Since these are the same broncos, don’t think you can have enough :LOL:57B5500F-6408-46F3-88C2-E44F75BEBB3B.jpegB9E3A509-E037-46C3-BE9A-0D879C84DE04.jpegCCC211A9-AD83-4E8D-80B1-7F6FF95F9DE4.jpegAB353622-7006-41CE-AB77-120C8CF8B14E.jpeg3DC8F69D-5445-4B93-940A-16DAE755E2B2.jpeg67730975-E2B8-4325-BABE-7080418D2D1C.jpeg
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Home, home on the range

Apr 09, 2021

We won't see them in South Dakota until May but Omaha will have them in April. Thinking it'll be worth the 3 hr drive to see them. Thanks for posting all the pictures!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
ChapEJF

Rank III

Apr 09, 2021

What was that that looked like a keyboard????

No Ragerts

Apr 09, 2021

What was that that looked like a keyboard????
Side view mirror adjustment = L / R and the other 4 are windows. The long one on top looks like central locking.
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

No Ragerts

Apr 09, 2021

Great pic @lonzo71
377186C0-273B-4CC6-ACD9-DAC845D162F5.jpeg
very handy that the rear headrest folds down to allow for better rearward visibility. This is a top complaint in the Jeep world...
TK1215

Rank III

Apr 09, 2021

Side view mirror adjustment = L / R and the other 4 are windows. The long one on top looks like central locking.
No. THIS Keyboard thingy...