First Edition ordered cancelled

Jkriney
Oct 15, 2021

Rank III

Oct 15, 2021

I was told last week by the dealer I had to change my first edition to a 2022 and it would not be a first edition. I talked to Ford marketing last week. The lady said to tell the dealer to leave the order alone and Ford said they were going fulfill all the first edition orders. The dealer has since said I need to change it or I am going to lose my build spot. I waiting on hold for Ford marketing today for over an hour and was disconnected by the phone system. Anyone having similar issue?

My Ford portal still shows the first edition order.
Rgwinn, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2021

Rank II

Oct 15, 2021

I was told last week by the dealer I had to change my first edition to a 2022 and it would not be a first edition. I talked to Ford marketing last week. The lady said to tell the dealer to leave the order alone and Ford said they were going fulfill all the first edition orders. The dealer has since said I need to change it or I am going to lose my build spot. I waiting on hold for Ford marketing today for over an hour and was disconnected by the phone system. Anyone having similar issue?

I have been on hold for appx 2hrs today over the course of 2 phone calls. I was disconnected both times. Still have not spoken to anyone. The dealership cannot enter my order because it says that I refused the confirmation. I’m stuck in limbo until I can get something sorted out.
4dr Badlands, 2.7L, Auto, Lux, SAS, CO. Window Sticker: 1/19
Blend Date: 1/25
Gimesnow

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

I have been on hold for appx 2hrs today over the course of 2 phone calls. I was disconnected both times. Still have not spoken to anyone. The dealership cannot enter my order because it says that I refused the confirmation. I’m stuck in limbo until I can get something sorted out.

I was on for 45 mins and had my questions answered and I have my early reservation changed now to another dealer and have placed the order. It was all good. I did not like the 45 minutes of waiting but I accomplished what I needed.

Good luck and hang in there.
Dave
Bronco_Girl, Gimesnow

Rank VI

Oct 15, 2021

Try contacting Mike Lavine on Instagram maybe he can help. Sorry if I spelled his last name wrong.

Rank III

Oct 16, 2021

Try contacting Mike Lavine on Instagram maybe he can help. Sorry if I spelled his last name wrong.
I just reached out. Thanks for the suggestion. I let you know what I hear.
Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

It kinda sounds like they’re using the confusion around the ordering process to bag themselves a First Edition that they can put ridiculous ADM’s on.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Bronco_Girl, drtabick

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2021

Were you one of those that was waiting for the shadow black colored hard top?
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Rank III

Oct 16, 2021

I was told months ago it would be changed to the molded in color top. They said I had no choice so I agreed. The original order was for the shadow black. Thanks

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2021

I was told months ago it would be changed to the molded in color top. They said I had no choice so I agreed. The original order was for the shadow black. Thanks
So I suspect what happened is your dealer screwed up. No proof, but it makes sense.

When orders were first being placed, those who wanted the shadow black top had a 99 priority code on their order. A 99 priority code effectively means “do not build this order”. When shadow black tops were delayed until 2023, First Editions had to be moved to the molded-in-color top or be canceled. Your dealer probably switched the top, but forgot to change the priority code to 10-19… which would have made you order eligible for scheduling.

The final 2021 builds were scheduled at the end of September. Which probably means you’re screwed and can no longer receive a First Edition unless someone from within Ford can somehow override it and get your truck scheduled. Good luck.
Mal, TK1215

Rank III

Oct 16, 2021

So I suspect what happened is your dealer screwed up. No proof, but it makes sense.

When orders were first being placed, those who wanted the shadow black top had a 99 priority code on their order. A 99 priority code effectively means “do not build this order”. When shadow black tops were delayed until 2023, First Editions had to be moved to the molded-in-color top or be canceled. Your dealer probably switched the top, but forgot to change the priority code to 10-19… which would have made you order eligible for scheduling.

The final 2021 builds were scheduled at the end of September. Which probably means you’re screwed and can no longer receive a First Edition unless someone from within Ford can somehow override it and get your truck scheduled. Good luck.
Thank you for your help

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

my dealer confirmed it last week and converted me to a raptor.

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

People got there FEs scheduled yesterday. So much for the September info.
RagnarKon

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

Also, ford cancelled 50% of all orders at my dealer. I have a sheet as of 1/21/2021 that show MIC.

must not of liked the winch or tow package lol.

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2021

People got there FEs scheduled yesterday. So much for the September info.
That awesome news. I just double checked and the last published scheduling was definitely Sept 30th… so if people are still getting scheduled that implies Ford is at least willing to do overrides.

2022 scheduling begins on Oct 28th… so i’m guessing next week is the last possible week to schedule a 2021.

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

That awesome news. I just double checked and the last published scheduling was definitely Sept 30th… so if people are still getting scheduled that implies Ford is at least willing to do overrides.

2022 scheduling begins on Oct 28th… so i’m guessing next week is the last possible week to schedule a 2021.

no scheduling next week man. Sorry to say..

2D66AA19-B559-4605-813B-297F72649821.jpeg
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

I got in today after an hour. I just did chores while waiting. Don't give up. Keep trying. A FE is worth it!
Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

my dealer confirmed it last week and converted me to a raptor.
@69BroncoX302 Are you saying you ordered a Raptor!?

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

@69BroncoX302 Are you saying you ordered a Raptor!?

yeah, something about reservation holders can be crossed over. Not sure if it’s a FE ordered cancelled thing only, but yes, mine is now swapped to a raptor.
Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

yeah, something about reservation holders can be crossed over. Not sure if it’s a FE ordered cancelled thing only, but yes, mine is now swapped to a raptor.
How hard did you get hit with an ADM ? I’m also confused is how you can have an order for a raptor with no pricing or were you able to get a price on the raptor? Good luck.

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

A Raptor can't be ordered or reserved yet. Sounds like you were 99'd. It's not clear if/when they'll be available for order, but they're getting released next summer.
Rgwinn