Well, Ford played chicken, and I flinched.

BrAUnc
Aug 22, 2021

Rank IV

Aug 22, 2021

I just emailed my dealer, to drop the hard top to a soft top, to give myself any chance at all of getting AMB. I am not budging on the 2.7 or Sasquatch though. If it doesn't work, I will go back to the drawing board, reluctantly....I will buy a Bestop fastback top either way. I guess I will just live with soft top only for a while.
RdCrom86, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2021

Rank V

Aug 22, 2021

It looks like 2021 is becoming the Year of Compromise to get what we want. It was for me because I changed to a soft top and reconfigured my entire build and now have a build date and VIN. Hope that your change gets you an AMB Bronco.
4DR OBX, A51, 2.3L/Auto, Soft Top, High Package, 4.27 Locking Rear Diff, AUX Switches
Reserved: 7/14/20, Ordered: 1/29/21, Built: 9/7/21, Assumed the Reins: 9/14/21
SlashRacer, BrAUnc

Rank I

Aug 24, 2021

I just emailed my dealer, to drop the hard top to a soft top, to give myself any chance at all of getting AMB. I am not budging on the 2.7 or Sasquatch though. If it doesn't work, I will go back to the drawing board, reluctantly....I will buy a Bestop fastback top either way. I guess I will just live with soft top only for a while.

Just did the exact same thing for the same reason. Switched to the soft top to get it sooner and preserve the AMB color selection, and will just get a Bestop and maybe a MIC top one day..
SlashRacer, BrAUnc

Rank IV

Aug 24, 2021

Just did the exact same thing for the same reason. Switched to the soft top to get it sooner and preserve the AMB color selection, and will just get a Bestop and maybe a MIC top one day..
I saw today where Patriot will be offering a fastback hardtop early next year.
SlashRacer, TXBronco

Rank VI

Aug 25, 2021

It looks like 2021 is becoming the Year of Compromise to get what we want. It was for me because I changed to a soft top and reconfigured my entire build and now have a build date and VIN. Hope that your change gets you an AMB Bronco.

If it is a compromise, do you really get what you want?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
ChapEJF

Rank IV

Aug 25, 2021

Valid point. It all comes down to what you are willing to compromise on, and what you aren't. I was willing to compromise on a soft top, because now I know Patriot is building a fastback hard top. I was going to buy a Bestop fastback soft top, but would love a fastback hard top also. I like the lines of a fastback top, with the rear body line of the Bronco. I am not budging on 2.7 engine, sasquatch package, etc. even if that pushes me out to 2023. Hell, I might even be tempted to go Warthog, when the info is released for it. The color I wanted was more important than the top, since I am buying aftermarket anyway.

Rank V

Aug 25, 2021

Most definitely! What I want is a Bronco, and I have no illusion of a perfect build for my Bronco. I have a few non-negotiable items but others I forego because of price or practicality. I was against a soft top until Ford offered the hard top prep kit. I then chose to opt for the soft top until I can purchase a hard top at a later date. There are aspects of other vehicles (Wrangler, 4Runner) that I really like that the Bronco does not offer and I have compromised to get a Bronco that fits most of my needs.
4DR OBX, A51, 2.3L/Auto, Soft Top, High Package, 4.27 Locking Rear Diff, AUX Switches
Reserved: 7/14/20, Ordered: 1/29/21, Built: 9/7/21, Assumed the Reins: 9/14/21
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 25, 2021

Not much of a compromise if Ford gets to pick your Bronco for you, haha.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Bronco V-8