Think the 2022 bronco will have a better engine?

Topher
Jun 14, 2021

Rank IV

Jun 14, 2021

I’m hoping they add a V8 to the next years bronco or more torque.
oldred57, KennyMac
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 14, 2021

I’m hoping they add a V8 to the next years bronco or more torque.

JUST MY OPINION.

I too would like that but Ford is very committed to their V6 Ecoboost so I doubt it. They attach a whole lot of stuff to their V6 in order to get the stats up. That way they get better mpg & smog while getting close to the performance of the V8. Some will argue Fords V6 Ecoboost surpasses the performance of a V8, but they are comparing to a V8 without all the add-ons.

Ford can't produce right now as it is. I don't see Ford management going to throw the V8 into their mess. Not with over 100,000K Bronco orders. Be nice if I were wrong!

Every Ford representative I have seen strongly pushes back on a Bronco V8!! Perhaps down the road they will offer one to complete with Jeep. But only at the upper escalons of pricing I'm sure! (So no base Bronco with a V8.) Why? Because that is what Jeep is doing.

I could be wrong about this as Ford didn't expect ~ 70% of Bronco orders to be the V6. Maybe they heard us??

Some people on this forum are very "touchy" about the Bronco engines. Expect some heated discussion on this one!:oops:

I JUST WANT A MY22 V6 WITH A MT! :geek:
SADLY, PROBABLY NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
Bronc96, Sdakotabronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 14, 2021

JUST MY OPINION.

I too would like that but Ford is very committed to their V6 Ecoboost so I doubt it. They attach a whole lot of stuff to their V6 in order to get the stats up. That way they get better mpg & smog while getting close to the performance of the V8. Some will argue Fords V6 Ecoboost surpasses the performance of a V8, but they are comparing to a V8 without all the add-ons.

Ford can't produce right now as it is. I don't see Ford management going to throw the V8 into their mess. Not with over 100,000K Bronco orders. Be nice if I were wrong!

Every Ford representative I have seen strongly pushes back on a Bronco V8!! Perhaps down the road they will offer one to complete with Jeep. But only at the upper escalons of pricing I'm sure! (So no base Bronco with a V8.) Why? Because that is what Jeep is doing.

I could be wrong about this as Ford didn't expect ~ 70% of Bronco orders to be the V6. Maybe they heard us??

Some people on this forum are very "touchy" about the Bronco engines. Expect some heated discussion on this one!:oops:

I JUST WANT A MY22 V6 WITH A MT! :geek:
SADLY, PROBABLY NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Ford has no choice but to offer a V-8.But it should be offered in an affordable package. This is where Jeep went wrong.
The proposed 6.8 Godzilla would be good, not the Coyote.

" Some will argue Fords V6 Ecoboost surpasses the performance of a V8, but they are comparing to a V8 without all the add-ons. "

Its also not being compared apples to apples by using a chassis dyno. the V-6 has a a higher ( numerically) axle ratio that gives it a false higher power peak.
Bronco_Girl

Rank IV

Jun 14, 2021

I just think if they had that engine it could tow more which means it’d beat the new defender is every category. It already beats Jeep so far IMO. We’ll see if on paper matches real life
Bronco_Girl

Libations MOD

Jun 14, 2021

I just think if they had that engine it could tow more which means it’d beat the new defender is every category. It already beats Jeep so far IMO. We’ll see if on paper matches real life
Towing has more to do with the suspension set-up than the engine itself.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Bronco_Girl, 5280Bronco

Rank V

Jun 14, 2021

Maybe when they make the “BIG” Bronco on the F150 frame the V8 will be a reality. But on the smaller Ranger frame I just don’t see it. Time will tell. They are milking the rebirth of the Bronco for all its worth. Just hope I don’t die before the good stuff comes, lol.
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
Bronco_Girl, Bronc96

Rank IV

Jun 14, 2021

I mean you have to have enough torque to pull an off-road trailer through certain obstacle. To give a better idea of what I’m thinking of…pulling the Patriot X3 through mud and rut. Also I do feel like the suspension should support more than 3500lbs. For a full size vehicle it’s be nice if it pulled idk 5000 min?
Bronco_Girl

Libations MOD

Jun 14, 2021

I mean you have to have enough torque to pull an off-road trailer through certain obstacle. To give a better idea of what I’m thinking of…pulling the Patriot X3 through mud and rut. Also I do feel like the suspension should support more than 3500lbs. For a full size vehicle it’s be nice if it pulled idk 5000 min?
I'd rather have the off-road suspension set-up than pull 1500 more lbs and a stiffer setup. I can get another used F-250 if I really need to pull some weight for my construction company. I'm fine with 3500 which means jet skis or a small trailer if needed.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Cheeselog, Bronc96

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jun 14, 2021

By this time next year, there'll be engine/trans swap kits, so be patient
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Bronc96, Bronco V-8

Rank IV

Jun 14, 2021

I'd rather have the off-road suspension set-up than pull 1500 more lbs and a stiffer setup. I can get another used F-250 if I really need to pull some weight for my construction company. I'm fine with 3500 which means jet skis or a small trailer if needed.

I think the Patriot X3 exceeds the tow capacity by 300lbs sadly

Rank VI

Jun 14, 2021

if we are lucky we will get a v8 in a few years to compete with the wrangler v8

however the only engine we will likely get in the near future is the 3.0 ecoboost hybrid thing

Rank V

Jun 14, 2021

These are available for the F150.
3.5L V6 EcoBoost® with Auto Start-Stop Technology
The 3.5L EcoBoost® with 10-speed transmission boasts 400 hp and 510 lb.-ft. of torque. Features include the Ford port-fuel and direct-injection (PFDI) system with two injectors per cylinder — one in the air intake port, another inside the cylinder — to increase performance. Plus twin intercooled turbos for on-demand power with virtually no lag.
Or the hybrid
3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6
F-150 doesn’t just make progress, it defines it. Once again in a league of its own with the new, class-exclusive* available 3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6 engine. This groundbreaking engine pulls from the collective power of gas and electric energy, because teamwork gets the job done. It’s torture-tested, Built Ford Tough® and features 430 hp and 570 lb.-ft. of torque.**
i would take either.
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
OddMackey, PSUTE

Rank V

Jun 14, 2021

Here’s what’s available on the Explorer
3.0L EcoBoost V6 Engine with Auto Start-Stop Technology
As the backbone of the ST and Platinum powertrains, the available 3.0L EcoBoost® takes the athletic feel of the Explorer a step further. The Platinum powertrain generates a projected 365 horsepower plus 380 lb.-ft. of torque.* The ST, however, combines this muscular engine with twin turbos for 400hp plus 415 lb.-ft of torque.

Rank VI

Jun 14, 2021

These are available for the F150.
3.5L V6 EcoBoost® with Auto Start-Stop Technology
The 3.5L EcoBoost® with 10-speed transmission boasts 400 hp and 510 lb.-ft. of torque. Features include the Ford port-fuel and direct-injection (PFDI) system with two injectors per cylinder — one in the air intake port, another inside the cylinder — to increase performance. Plus twin intercooled turbos for on-demand power with virtually no lag.
Or the hybrid
3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6
F-150 doesn’t just make progress, it defines it. Once again in a league of its own with the new, class-exclusive* available 3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6 engine. This groundbreaking engine pulls from the collective power of gas and electric energy, because teamwork gets the job done. It’s torture-tested, Built Ford Tough® and features 430 hp and 570 lb.-ft. of torque.**
i would take either.
powerboost is likely impossible in the bronco due to lack of space for the batteries

Rank V

Jun 14, 2021

All this talk about torque, the real question is where does it fall on the tach. Too low not good. Too high not good. You can talk V8 vs V6 the real question is where is the power bands. Correct me if I'm wrong but many of the modern engines of all sizes are turning much higher rev numbers to get performance. That's why you see 6, 8 and 10 speed transmissions in vehicles today, so you can hear yourself talk while driving and so the motor doesn't turn into a grenade. Most of the Broncos probably won't see many rocks. As for towing I'll leave that to my F150, longer more stable wheelbase.

But to each their own, there is good and bad to both engines.
Bronc96, BroncoTerry

Rank V

Jun 14, 2021

Maybe when they make the “BIG” Bronco on the F150 frame the V8 will be a reality. But on the smaller Ranger frame I just don’t see it. Time will tell. They are milking the rebirth of the Bronco for all its worth. Just hope I don’t die before the good stuff comes, lol.
That is what killed the Bronco the last time. Keep it small.
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC
Bronc96, oldred57

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jun 14, 2021

Is that why most of them looked like single cabs with removable campers?

Never was a fan of any of the Bronco's after the 1st gen, always struck me as F150's with a badge job
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Mcinfantry

Rank VI

Jun 14, 2021

The 2.7 Ecoboost is a great engine. I have it in my 2019 F150 Super Crew 4X4 and in my wife’s 2020 Edge ST AWD. Tons of torque and very quick. I think it’s a great engine for the Bronco. It will crush the Jeep. For point of reference, I’m a 5.0 fan. I own a 2019 Mustang GT Premium. I don’t want you guys to think I’m a stereotypical turbo fan.
DAVER5658, Bronc96

Gladesmen

Jun 14, 2021

Wasn’t the best selling years for the Bronco 78 or 79? There were lots of factors that killed the bronco if it didn’t grow in size it would have been dead after 1977. The lack of 4 doors killed the bronco and the fact that Ford was moving to the Ex… line. Explore, Expedition, Excursion, Expensive…
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
DeepCreek, oldred57

Rank V

Jun 14, 2021

I don't see Ford seriously entertaining major driveline changes until they get a lot of miles on Broncos in the hands of new owners. Nothing like the real world for some real world testing. Sadly, they haven't yet delivered the first production Bronco, so that real world experience won't happen before the 2022 options are finalized for production. My money's on '23 at the earliest for any driveline changes, so I'm gonna go ahead and try out this 2.7.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
DeepCreek, Bronc96