First Edition Mark Up?

Lasquintanas
Jul 14, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

I'm reading from folks that had dealers marking up Gladiators and TRD Pro's. I can't imagine spending 80-90k for a First Edition Bronco. Does anyone have any insight into how Ford will be treating First Edition MSRP or any educated guesses?

I reserved a Wildtrak trim just in case pricing gets hairy with the First Edition.

edit: Also do we seem to think that they gave exactly 3500 reservations or do we anticipate that they overbooked and some of us will be bumped down in trim?
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2020

Road trip!!!

Jul 14, 2020

I'm reading from folks that had dealers marking up Gladiators and TRD Pro's. I can't imagine spending 80-90k for a First Edition Bronco. Does anyone have any insight into how Ford will be treating First Edition MSRP or any educated guesses?

I reserved a Wildtrak trim just in case pricing gets hairy with the First Edition.

edit: Also do we seem to think that they gave exactly 3500 reservations or do we anticipate that they overbooked and some of us will be bumped down in trim?

A sales manager at one of the Ford dealers I visited said they only expect 13% of the reserves to follow through with the orders. That being said, there will probably be some First Editions that may become available again.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Standing Grumpy Face

Jul 14, 2020

My opinion is many of the First Editions were reserved by dealer owners and general managers and will be the showroom centerpiece with a huge ADM.

You have to realize with 3500 total, allocation will be pretty low. Some big dealers may get 4-5 and smaller ones may get 1 or none.

Those regular folks lucky enough to get a reservation are going to have to find a dealer that is committed to selling a First Edition without ADM. That's going to be the hard part.
Rincon, katsess

Rank V

Jul 14, 2020

My opinion is many of the First Editions were reserved by dealer owners and general managers and will be the showroom centerpiece with a huge ADM.

You have to realize with 3500 total, allocation will be pretty low. Some big dealers may get 4-5 and smaller ones may get 1 or none.

Those regular folks lucky enough to get a reservation are going to have to find a dealer that is committed to selling a First Edition without ADM. That's going to be the hard part.
Most reservations for FE's went to folks on this site. I think if dealers try gouging those that paid for their spot to reserve a FE it's going to ruin the dealer's reputation. I can see maybe $1k ADM, but more than that and it's gonna be a sh*t show.
-Ridin' dirty (as in mud)

Standing Grumpy Face

Jul 14, 2020

Most reservations for FE's went to folks on this site. I think if dealers try gouging those that paid for their spot to reserve a FE it's going to ruin the dealer's reputation. I can see maybe $1k ADM, but more than that and it's gonna be a sh*t show.

What makes you think most went to people on here??
katsess

Rank V

Jul 14, 2020

A good guess or a gut feeling. Also, I've been keeping up with the track on Bronco6g site https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-reservations-tracking-list-stats-enter-yours.1757/. I don't know anything for certain but it sure seems like lots and lots of people were able to reserve one.

Standing Grumpy Face

Jul 14, 2020

A good guess or a gut feeling. Also, I've been keeping up with the track on Bronco6g site https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-reservations-tracking-list-stats-enter-yours.1757/. I don't know anything for certain but it sure seems like lots and lots of people were able to reserve one.

Maybe hundreds between both forums. But I guarantee a large number of the FE's will end up in the hands of people associated with dealerships (owners, their family, GMs, etc...) and will be sold with high ADM. No different than the LE Gladiator.
katsess, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 15, 2020

Maybe hundreds between both forums. But I guarantee a large number of the FE's will end up in the hands of people associated with dealerships (owners, their family, GMs, etc...) and will be sold with high ADM. No different than the LE Gladiator.
Like life, it's just not fair. Seems like too much money spend on a toy that will collect dust in a garage instead of out in the mud.

Rank VI

Jul 15, 2020

I have a FE reservation. I did go on in at 2000 EDT on the opening of the system, was already a Ford owner so has an account, and had to be a bit patient with a very SLOW system that night, but have a confirmed reservation. I have read a few people in the forums that ordered more than one (not me), and are going to decide if they want the 2 or 4 door version. I knew what I wanted and ordered it. I am sure dealers grabbed some, but not mine!
I wasn't there...
TheBluePariah97, katsess

Rank VI

Jul 15, 2020

Like life, it's just not fair. Seems like too much money spend on a toy that will collect dust in a garage instead of out in the mud.
What makes you think it won't see mud? I paid a lot for my Ford truck and it sees mud, and so will this Bronco FE. I don't buy things I don't use and since I only get a new car every ten years (or more). My truck is not that old (an exception) and sees dirt all the time (yesterday as a matter of fact), my streetcar is a 2004 ragtop I bought new (and looks damm good in my opinion), and I drive it like it was meant to be driven (FAST, like you would expect any pilot to travel. Near liftoff speed!). When we replaced my wife's car it had 140K miles and was 12 years old. I want what I want and don't buy "hanger queens"! See you on the trail. :)
I wasn't there...
katsess

Rank V

Jul 15, 2020

What makes you think it won't see mud? I paid a lot for my Ford truck and it sees mud, and so will this Bronco FE. I don't buy things I don't use and since I only get a new car every ten years (or more). My truck is not that old (an exception) and sees dirt all the time (yesterday as a matter of fact), my streetcar is a 2004 ragtop I bought new (and looks damm good in my opinion), and I drive it like it was meant to be driven (FAST, like you would expect any pilot to travel. Near liftoff speed!). When we replaced my wife's car it had 140K miles and was 12 years old. I want what I want and don't buy "hanger queens"! See you on the trail. :)
Great to hear! I also fly by the way! And I work in aviation. We definitely like to go fast!
SierraHotelBronco

Rank 0

Jul 16, 2020

Seems like some guys think the dealers got some reservations?
We are a large Ford dealer probably in the top 35-40 in volume each year nation wide and the only reservations we have are a few employees who are planning on buying new Broncos
Even the owner of the store told his sons if they want one, they better hurry up and get their reservations in.
I’m sure we will be able to get some allocation at some point, but so far Ford has made it clear that they intend to build the units for the customers that made a reservation. Just wanted to clear that up from a dealers perspective.
TheBluePariah97, pilonfx

Rank 0

Jul 16, 2020

We are a large Ford dealer probably in the top 35-40 in volume each year nation wide and the only reservations we have are a few employees who are planning on buying new Broncos
Even the owner of the store told his sons if they want one, they better hurry up and get their reservations in.
I’m sure we will be able to get some allocation at some point, but so far Ford has made it clear that they intend to build the units for the customers that made a reservation. Just wanted to clear that up from a dealers perspective.

That is awesome to hear. It would be great to have this be as hassle free an experience as possible. Its a big part of why Tesla is doing well. There is no dealer anxiety and what the website says is what you pay regardless of model. I Don't expect that to happen with Ford, especially with a limited run vehicle, but its an opportunity to show the wave of new Ford customers that are incoming that the process can be easy with their brand of car/truck. Huge opportunity for Ford here.
TheBluePariah97

Rank VI

Jul 16, 2020

Thank you. Nice to get a perspective
I wasn't there...

Rank III

Jul 17, 2020

I called my local dealer that I reserved a 4D Badlands through today and the sales manager told me that his boss mentioned a definite dealer markup. He was thinking 5k possibly. This dealer also isn't doing X plan pricing either since they are treating it as a "special" vehicle like the Raptor or Shelby vehicles.

Going to shop around for dealers that won't do a markup I suppose.

Rank III

Jul 17, 2020

I called my local dealer that I reserved a 4D Badlands through today and the sales manager told me that his boss mentioned a definite dealer markup. He was thinking 5k possibly. This dealer also isn't doing X plan pricing either since they are treating it as a "special" vehicle like the Raptor or Shelby vehicles.

Going to shop around for dealers that won't do a markup I suppose.
Along the same lines, said dealer mentioned a possible reason for this "we're only getting 1-3 of them". I'm assuming this means local stock? Ford has said that they will fulfill all reservations before initiating local inventory production.

Rank II

Jul 19, 2020

No mark ups on any Bronco if you find the right dealer. Bronco6g has an entire list of dealers nationwide that show:

who’s selling at msrp
No ADMs
Xplan pricing accepted

This means you get a bronco at MSRP with 4% off from Xplan pricing
pilonfx

Rank V

Jul 19, 2020

I have a FE reservation. I did go on in at 2000 EDT on the opening of the system, was already a Ford owner so has an account, and had to be a bit patient with a very SLOW system that night, but have a confirmed reservation. I have read a few people in the forums that ordered more than one (not me), and are going to decide if they want the 2 or 4 door version. I knew what I wanted and ordered it. I am sure dealers grabbed some, but not mine!
Same! I was very patient and waited for an hour to get mine reserved. I am very blessed I was able to. I just hope my dealership in Albuquerque won’t be adding too much of a mark up.
First Edition, 2 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Cactus Grey

Rank 0

Jul 19, 2020

No mark ups on any Bronco if you find the right dealer. Bronco6g has an entire list of dealers nationwide that show:

who’s selling at msrp
No ADMs
Xplan pricing accepted

This means you get a bronco at MSRP with 4% off from Xplan pricing

It's not 4%.

It's .4%.