First Edition Dealer Pricing

Mar674
May 17, 2021

Rank III

May 17, 2021

Having trouble with my dealer adding fees that weren't in writing...already paying full MSRP is acceptable, but adding large dealer fees seems a bit too much.

Dealer doesn't care as they say "they will get the car either way if I decide to cancel." Anyone else have this issue?

I am really excited to get the new FE. Have a 67, 72 and 21 Bronco Sport so I am already all-in on Broncos...
TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2021

Wank ER

May 17, 2021

Call Ford bout changing dealer. I hate to say it, but this should have been worked out long before your order was placed. Many are going miles away to get the best dealer pricing. I found one that was $450 over invoice, not MSRP with 0 dealer mark-up. I am not trying to drag you down, but this process has given us months to prepare.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
TK1215, Rgwinn

Rank II

May 17, 2021

Having trouble with my dealer adding fees that weren't in writing...already paying full MSRP is acceptable, but adding large dealer fees seems a bit too much.

Dealer doesn't care as they say "they will get the car either way if I decide to cancel." Anyone else have this issue?

I am really excited to get the new FE. Have a 67, 72 and 21 Bronco Sport so I am already all-in on Broncos...
Could you share any communications or screenshots of the additional fees? Would be great for the rest of us FE buyers to be prepared.
G.O.A.T.
TK1215

Rank III

May 17, 2021

Call Ford bout changing dealer. I hate to say it, but this should have been worked out long before your order was placed. Many are going miles away to get the best dealer pricing. I found one that was $450 over invoice, not MSRP with 0 dealer mark-up. I am not trying to drag you down, but this process has given us months to prepare.

I should have known better for sure. I had the order build, but no fees were tacked on. I trusted them too much I guess. Lesson learned!

Trying to get Ford to change, but first response has been "no." Have calls in and waiting for a call back from a more senior individual. We'll see!
Deepshag

Have Bronco Will Travel

May 17, 2021

I had the same problem with my dealer, was lucky to find out just before ordering so I made a phone call to another dealer that I had been in contact with during the summer was given all the info to change dealer. So called the number that was given to me and within 10 min dealer was changed. Yes I have to pick up out of state but I look at it as a road trip. :cool:(y)
From infinity and beyond
2023 Badlands 4dr / Sasquatch / High / 2.7 / MIC / Mod bumper / Trailer Tow / Eruption Green
TK1215, KennyMac

Home, home on the range

May 17, 2021

Thanks to the group here I interrogated my dealership before I placed my order. I'm not getting a FE but still didn't want any surprises. They had to assure me several times that all I'd pay is MSRP before I gave them a deposit.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
TK1215, Boogeyman1

Rank VI

May 17, 2021

This will not just be an FE issue. In reality, many customers will show up to a surprise in the price when their Broncos deliver.

This was one of my big fears from the start. No way to I want to end up paying more for something that the dealer did not do much in order to complete the delivery.

The fact that you at least have a little heads-up is somewhat beneficial. Many people are going to be surprised when they walk in to pick up their Broncos. Best of luck in getting it ironed out.
TK1215, Bone Saw

Road trip!!!

May 17, 2021

This was why I didn’t order a FE. I spoke with the GM at my LFD before reservations opened last July and he hinted that there would be ADM if I ordered a FE. I’m more than happy with my Badlands build!
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
TK1215, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

May 18, 2021

Like many here on the BN, I had to hunt across several states before I found what I was seeking. In addition to a good price and reasonable fees, most of us want a dealer with integrity and great communication skills. In a perfect world, you find a dealer with all four. I know they are out there; it just takes time to find what you seek. Good Luck!
TK1215, Steve777468

Rank VI

May 18, 2021

Yeah, I contacted all of the Ford dealers on the Kansas side of the KC Metro before choosing mine. $50 over invoice pricing was my prize for the research. My original dealer was very slow to respond and knew nothing.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
TK1215, Rgwinn

Rank V

May 18, 2021

A reasonable DOC fee is normal and expected with any purchase from a dealer, but should be the same regardless of what vehicle you buy, new and used. Reasonable in my area is in the $4-600 range. If your LFD normally charges $500 DOC for everything else on the lot and suddenly wants you to pay a $1500 DOC just because you got a Bronco, it's time to raise hell, file a complaint with the BBB if you have to, that's deceptive business practices.

FYI, it's not a "documentation" fee, it's Dealer Overhead Cost, it's what they use to pay the bills and keep the lights on. Overhead doesn't change based on vehicle model.
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
TK1215, Steve777468

Rank VI

May 27, 2021

I did not have to hunt, but I did engage early and often. I below MSRP and locked in dealer fees. Whatever anyone does, get it in writing. In my state a written promise plus a deposit equals a binding contract on the dealers end. They are subject to civil and criminal fraud charges if they break the deal. They have told me though if someone walked in today, they would not the deal I got. I think the reality is that as Broncos become more scarce, the supply and demand curve is not in the buyers’ favor!
I wasn't there...
TK1215, KennyMac