First day, Austin Off-Roadeo!

JFoster05
Jun 29, 2021

Rank IV

Jun 29, 2021

Just wrapped on Day 1 of Austin Off-Rodeo. Amazing! It was my first time seeing the Bronco and it’s even better in person. Ford did a great job with this event. Very well organized, the site is gorgeous and the instructors were very knowledgeable and funny. We kicked off the day by breaking up into smaller groups (each driver gets a colored wrist band that signifies your group, guests get yellow). Went through a welcome and “get to know you” style ice breakers. Then it’s off to the ORX school where we learn about how to take the Bronco off road. The technology is impressive. The instructors provide excellent step-by-step guidance with volunteer drivers from the group. Then it’s off to the course. I opted for the insurance, and not sure what happens if you don’t get it. I choose a Badlands (Area 51) non -sas, 4dr, soft top. Stunning! The 12” screen when going off-road is remarkable. There is a view of what is ahead of you, a camera by your tires, overhead which also shows you your path line. We took off as a convoy, each car had a walkie-talkie for instructors to give direction. The course has every type of terrain (for TX) to show off the technology. Hills, rocks, water, steep inclines and deep descends. We were instructed to drive in 4-Low and at about 5MPH (which was enough for me). There were some white knuckle moments, especially if you are a total novice to off-road (always a passenger), but I got through it and loved every minute. Day 2 is bright and early, and I can’t wait.

Attachments

Joanna Foster
2021 Big Bend Rapid Red
Georgetown, TX
Shadowblade, Buckin'
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2021

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jun 29, 2021

Yay! So glad you came on the very first day for owners and had a great experience. We have a lot more fun lined up for you tomorrow!
IL21Bronco, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 29, 2021

Just wrapped on Day 1 of Austin Off-Rodeo. Amazing! It was my first time seeing the Bronco and it’s even better in person. Ford did a great job with this event. Very well organized, the site is gorgeous and the instructors were very knowledgeable and funny. We kicked off the day by breaking up into smaller groups (each driver gets a colored wrist band that signifies your group, guests get yellow). Went through a welcome and “get to know you” style ice breakers. Then it’s off to the ORX school where we learn about how to take the Bronco off road. The technology is impressive. The instructors provide excellent step-by-step guidance with volunteer drivers from the group. Then it’s off to the course. I opted for the insurance, and not sure what happens if you don’t get it. I choose a Badlands (Area 51) non -sas, 4dr, soft top. Stunning! The 12” screen when going off-road is remarkable. There is a view of what is ahead of you, a camera by your tires, overhead which also shows you your path line. We took off as a convoy, each car had a walkie-talkie for instructors to give direction. The course has every type of terrain (for TX) to show off the technology. Hills, rocks, water, steep inclines and deep descends. We were instructed to drive in 4-Low and at about 5MPH (which was enough for me). There were some white knuckle moments, especially if you are a total novice to off-road (always a passenger), but I got through it and loved every minute. Day 2 is bright and early, and I can’t wait.
Thanks for the report! Everything I'm hearing is that its a great experience. I can't wait for the opportunity to get behind the wheel.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
IL21Bronco

Road trip!!!

Jul 07, 2021

I opted for the insurance, and not sure what happens if you don’t get it.
What's the insurance for?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Jakob1972

Rank IV

Jul 08, 2021

What's the insurance for?
Covers you if you want to drive. There's info about it on the Off-Roadeo page :)
Joanna Foster
2021 Big Bend Rapid Red
Georgetown, TX
SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

Jul 08, 2021

Covers you if you want to drive. There's info about it on the Off-Roadeo page :)
Doesn’t everyone’s insurance already cover it?

I will look at it.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
JFoster05

Rank III

Jul 21, 2021

So is it a 1 or 2 day event? Today's email update from Ford says: "We will continue to offer an incredible 10‑hour Bronco Off‑Roadeo program, now, in a more optimized format that begins and ends within one day." I totally thought it was a 2 day thing... can someone confirm if it's 1 or 2?
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jul 21, 2021

So is it a 1 or 2 day event? Today's email update from Ford says: "We will continue to offer an incredible 10‑hour Bronco Off‑Roadeo program, now, in a more optimized format that begins and ends within one day." I totally thought it was a 2 day thing... can someone confirm if it's 1 or 2?
It's being phased into a 1 day event, Toba. The same amount of hours, just moved into one day instead of two half days. It should help with travel arrangements.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
TobaBronco

Rank III

Jul 21, 2021

It's being phased into a 1 day event, Toba. The same amount of hours, just moved into one day instead of two half days. It should help with travel arrangements.
Thank you! :cool:(y)
Laura