IAG Running Boards

SJ Bronc
Nov 11, 2022

Rank II

Nov 11, 2022

What does everyone thing of these? Super easy to put on / take off.
TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2022

Rank V

Nov 11, 2022

Putting mine on next week. Want to get the mudflaps installed first, then these. I figure -- aside from being a convenience step for those who need it--it's additional protection from rocks and debris of the lower body sections.
Chief Ron

Rank II

Nov 11, 2022

Which flaps are you going with?

Rank III

Nov 11, 2022

I have them easy on and off, wife loves then as do I.
Chief Ron, 14U

Member 2541 Jerry

Nov 11, 2022

I have the IAG on my 2 door.
-Great Fit
-Solid Feel
-Great Roof Rack accessibility.
-Zero rock chips so far (4 month & counting) but I also have custom mud flaps.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Chief Ron, BostonBadlands

Rank V

Nov 11, 2022

SJ Bronc
Which flaps are you going with?
Mabbet. They looked good on-line, the install video was straightforward, and Jason Wang (name?), who corresponds on-line regarding their products, was very responsive when people reported that the bolts were showing signs of rust soon after installation. He offered to replace them free of charge, and said that their next shipments would include the upgraded fittings. I messaged him my home address (on the other site), and received a package of new fittings in about a half-month from China.
If you order, try and determine if you have old or newer inventory. Or just go to a hardware store and buy stainless to be sure.
Yeah, we should buy less from China, but that's superb customer service.

Regarding IAG: they're in Maryland, US-built products, and their customer service was on top of keeping me informed about availability and back-order status.
Chief Ron, 14U

Rank 0

Jul 11, 2023

What does everyone thing of these? Super easy to put on / take off.

How good are they at keeping rocks and mud off the sides of your Bronco?

Rank V

Jul 11, 2023

How good are they at keeping rocks and mud off the sides of your Bronco?

So far, so good. My first experience was combining them (iAG steps) with Mabbet, and I noticed a significant drop in road grime. Then the Mabbets started breaking, and I was driving with the iAG steps alone for a few months of New England winter driving. (Our winter was a bit slushy, but not particularly severe.)
My daily drive now has the iAG steps and the RokBlokz Extra long Sasquatch mudflaps, and between the two, very little comes off the road to the truck sides.

I can get the iAGs on and off in under ten minutes now. I replaced the four (eight total, both sides) button-top bolts which required an allen wrench with a hex-top bolt which I an ratchet faster. Maybe I'll use my drill.

iAG customer service is superb. The foam padding which goes in the four "stirrup" brackets got kind of ratty, and they sent me replacements pronto. I also bent a threaded stud that secures one of the four end brackets. I asked for a replacement and a spare: they sent me five! Immediately, too. I noticed that the female threaded liner which the "stirrup" brackets are bolted to are beginning to lose their hold. I'll connect with iAG, see what they have to suggest for a fix. Maybe LokTite Red.

I fully recommend the iAG steps. Just remember--they are not sliders. But for vehicle access, they're great. You simply must remove them before doing any serious off-roading. Incidentally, I have devised a special tie-down for them on my TrailRax TRMR roof(w)rack.
Chief Ron

Rank 0

Jul 15, 2023

So far, so good. My first experience was combining them (iAG steps) with Mabbet, and I noticed a significant drop in road grime. Then the Mabbets started breaking, and I was driving with the iAG steps alone for a few months of New England winter driving. (Our winter was a bit slushy, but not particularly severe.)
My daily drive now has the iAG steps and the RokBlokz Extra long Sasquatch mudflaps, and between the two, very little comes off the road to the truck sides.

I can get the iAGs on and off in under ten minutes now. I replaced the four (eight total, both sides) button-top bolts which required an allen wrench with a hex-top bolt which I an ratchet faster. Maybe I'll use my drill.

iAG customer service is superb. The foam padding which goes in the four "stirrup" brackets got kind of ratty, and they sent me replacements pronto. I also bent a threaded stud that secures one of the four end brackets. I asked for a replacement and a spare: they sent me five! Immediately, too. I noticed that the female threaded liner which the "stirrup" brackets are bolted to are beginning to lose their hold. I'll connect with iAG, see what they have to suggest for a fix. Maybe LokTite Red.

I fully recommend the iAG steps. Just remember--they are not sliders. But for vehicle access, they're great. You simply must remove them before doing any serious off-roading. Incidentally, I have devised a special tie-down for them on my TrailRax TRMR roof(w)rack.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the IAG steps. I don't plan on doing extreme off roading but I am tired of wearing out my seat bolster. I think I'll also get the mini mud flaps from IAG and see how well they keep mud etc. off my Bronco.
Chief Ron

Rank V

Jul 16, 2023

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the IAG steps. I don't plan on doing extreme off roading but I am tired of wearing out my seat bolster. I think I'll also get the mini mud flaps from IAG and see how well they keep mud etc. off my Bronco.

Longer provides better protection. For my money, a better luck. Sorry, but the two-part design looks kind of Walmartie to me. They're the same basic construction, cheaper, and you buy what's best for your truck.
Chief Ron

Rank 0

Aug 18, 2023

I got these steps for my 4 door Bronco and love them so far (2 months in). I'm medium-low handy and they were simple enough from the youtube tutorials on installation. It took me about 20min total to install them.

Rank V

Aug 19, 2023

On Bronco6G somebody in Massachusetts is selling the smaller pair-per-door set, new in box. Go to Sellers Market
I bought mine last year when they were new, and people started reporting rust issues. iAG answered (on Bronco6G, if I recall) and offered to replace them. I stayed with mine, but rust did affect the (bolt) receiving inserts in the middle brackets--the ones that are right under the doors. I called iAG about that, and they offered to replace the steps immediately. They arrived two days later!
Went on nice and easy. I'll pay more attention to not over-torking those bolts.

Rank II

Aug 20, 2023

On Bronco6G somebody in Massachusetts is selling the smaller pair-per-door set, new in box. Go to Sellers Market
I bought mine last year when they were new, and people started reporting rust issues. iAG answered (on Bronco6G, if I recall) and offered to replace them. I stayed with mine, but rust did affect the (bolt) receiving inserts in the middle brackets--the ones that are right under the doors. I called iAG about that, and they offered to replace the steps immediately. They arrived two days later!
Went on nice and easy. I'll pay more attention to not over-torking those bolts.

I had a similar experience and the IAG customer service folks replaced the steps. The steps are great and the company is one I’m happy to support. You can trust them to stand by their products.