First Bronco Test Drive

BroncoFred
Oct 26, 2021

Inmate #19359

Oct 26, 2021

Stopped by my dealer for my first Bronco test drive. A beautiful WT, SAS, in velocity blue. My order is a BD velocity blue, so I was happy to see this color in person. Absolutely love the color. The drive was amazing too. I recently read a review in Motor Trend magazine that mentioned a loud wind noise, as if a window was opened, coming from the hard top when hitting 70 mph on the freeway. This concerned me but, I took the test vehicle up to 85 and didn’t hear anything alarming. I heard more noise from the off road tires, which is to be expected.

Love the vehicle and even more excited to get mine, if that’s possible. The wait is going to be unbearable!

Attachments

2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
Catdog7799, dover157
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2021

Rank III

Oct 26, 2021

VB does look nice, I also just test drove a BB non SAS 2.3 for the first time. It drove really nice and I was listening for wind noise and I was pleasantly surprised by a lower noise level than I anticipated. I thought the 2.3 was ample but I am glad I ordered the 2.7 in my MY 22 wildtrack. Nice pics...beautiful
Wildtrak, HOSS 3.0, Race Red, 4 DR, Lux, Leather, Tow, Mod Bumper, MIC Top, Res 7/1/21, Order Confirmed 10/18/21
BroncoFred

Rank VI

Oct 26, 2021

I got to test drive a WT sas with soft top in A51 and had a similar experience, was amazed at how comfortable and easy it was to drive in city traffic and the AC made way more noise than the wind and tires. What were your thoughts on the usability of the steps/running boards? While they look cool I’m glad my BD won’t have them, stepped up on it to get in and felt like I had to fold myself in half to go from the step to the cabin.
22 Black Diamond 2dr non sas w tow and roof rails.
BroncoFred

Rank II

Oct 26, 2021

Stopped by my dealer for my first Bronco test drive. A beautiful WT, SAS, in velocity blue. My order is a BD velocity blue, so I was happy to see this color in person. Absolutely love the color. The drive was amazing too. I recently read a review in Motor Trend magazine that mentioned a loud wind noise, as if a window was opened, coming from the hard top when hitting 70 mph on the freeway. This concerned me but, I took the test vehicle up to 85 and didn’t hear anything alarming. I heard more noise from the off road tires, which is to be expected.

Love the vehicle and even more excited to get mine, if that’s possible. The wait is going to be unbearable!

I really wish I had gone with velocity blue in retrospect. Great color.
BroncoFred

Inmate #19359

Oct 26, 2021

I got to test drive a WT sas with soft top in A51 and had a similar experience, was amazed at how comfortable and easy it was to drive in city traffic and the AC made way more noise than the wind and tires. What were your thoughts on the usability of the steps/running boards? While they look cool I’m glad my BD won’t have them, stepped up on it to get in and felt like I had to fold myself in half to go from the step to the cabin.

I agree with you on the steps. Thought I might need them but felt like they were more in the way than anything.
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
dover157