Finally got to attend an Off-Roadeo in Moab - Part 1

the poacher
Dec 04, 2021

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Dec 04, 2021

I finally got to attend the Moab Off-Roadeo and I would highly recommend to all of you to get out and attend one. We were very fortunate with our weather as it pissed rain the night prior to our day. This was a good thing from my perspective, as it ensured that there was no dust, and it made the dirt nice and tacky. Perfect for a day in Moab under what turned out to be a bluebird day.

We stayed at the Red Cliffs lodge which is adjacent to the Off-Roadeo location, and it is situated right on the Colorado River. Great views, good food, and you can not beat the convenience of ensuring you arrive on time.

But on to the fun stuff. Most of you have seen lots of photos of the building housing the location, with lots of old bronco parts nicely displayed, so I will skip all that and go straight to the more fun stuff.

The display outside of the main building was a 2-door, Badlands, in CO, pretty much a copy of my build, so a pleasant surprise that they would do this for me. I naturally had to climb underneath it to get a better look at the suspension and had to use one arm to raise it up for a better look...

2 - thrown under the bronco.jpg

I was fortunate to drive a badlands with 33” wheels (fortunate as it made the crawling more difficult, the 35"'s would clear
most of the obstacles), in the Area 51 colour. Sadly, no 2 doors available to drive, and all were automatic's unfortunately.
When I asked why there were no manuals, Peter stated "most everyone who says they can drive manual, turned out not to
be able to". Our day included a total of 12 trucks, but luckily we were broken into two groups of six trucks. After a good highway
drive (it handles great on pavement, way better than the Gladiator I drove down to Moab in) of about 7 miles to get to
the trailhead, we started our adventure
1638574412161.png

Peter was our guide, really interesting fellow, a wealth of knowledge and total badass. We were very fortunate to have
him in our lead vehicle the whole day. This man deserves a hefty pay raise for his ability to stay calm as most of the
participants have never driven off road before this.

1638575194640.png

As the lead truck, we were always first and it allowed me to pick the lines, of which they were all the hardest ones. Peter
was kind to cut me slack as I have 4x4 extensively...

1638575390263.png

The terrain was varied and really allowed you to test the capabilities of the Bronco, as you will see
1638575672147.png

As you may well know, photos have a hard time of capturing how steep stuff really is. This descent was over a 30 degree
decline. As you can see, this rock has many scrapes from bash plates, Including those that I added.
1638575977250.png

This next photo shows a good example of some of the high speed desert driving you get to enjoy (if you look in the background).
1638576450193.png

I do have to say that the Anti-Matter blue is a striking colour.
1638576586157.png

We stopped at on top of a buttress and enjoyed a supplied lunch, all the while enjoying some okay views.
1638577339923.png

A lot of the obstacles were very challenging, and it really made you understand the capabilities of the Bronco.
1638577474920.png
TorgSurv, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 04, 2021

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

March 1 cant come soon enough. )
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
TorgSurv, the poacher

No Ragerts

Dec 04, 2021

@the poacher its a shame you didn’t enjoy yourself! When are you getting your Bronco?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Dec 04, 2021

@the poacher its a shame you didn’t enjoy yourself! When are you getting your Bronco?
Oh believe me, I did enjoyed every minute of it. Too much fun, to say the least. As to when I am getting my Bronco, it is anyone's guess. I have a trailer hitch and it is a 2-door, so maybe in March '22 if I am lucky. My dealer just got notification of two builds for clients ahead of me, so I patiently wait for my notification.
TK1215, Bschurr

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Dec 04, 2021

March 1 cant come soon enough. )
Nice, that will be a good time to go. What location are you booked at?

Rank V

Dec 04, 2021

Nice, that will be a good time to go. What location are you booked at?

Moab... A honeymoon revolving around Broncos and off-roading. Booking a RZR utv tour too. lol

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Dec 05, 2021

Moab... A honeymoon revolving around Broncos and off-roading. Booking a RZR utv tour too. lol

Well, congratulations on your honeymoon! What a great place to go and spend it. The fact that you can also do a day at the off-roadeo speaks volumes about the quality of your partner. Yahoo! The Razor tour will also be a blast. Make sure you post us some photos...

Rank IV

Dec 05, 2021

We just got back from Moab Off-Roadeo last weekend. What an amazing experience they put together. Great write up, you nailed it. I do wish they had 2 doors to drive.

congrats- 1 Five on your honeymoon. You’re going to have a great time.
TorgSurv

Rank V

Dec 05, 2021

Well, congratulations on your honeymoon! What a great place to go and spend it. The fact that you can also do a day at the off-roadeo speaks volumes about the quality of your partner. Yahoo! The Razor tour will also be a blast. Make sure you post us some photos...

We will have pictures and videos galore. We have to make up for lost time. 3 years of limitation put on us from cancer and covid really hurt.
Deano Bronc

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Dec 06, 2021

We will have pictures and videos galore. We have to make up for lost time. 3 years of limitation put on us from cancer and covid really hurt.
151 Garage, you trip will be even more enjoyable due to the limitations that were foisted upon you two. Glad that you are able to make the trip and I know it will surpass your expectations. Kick those heels high and enjoy your well deserved trip.

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Dec 06, 2021

We just got back from Moab Off-Roadeo last weekend. What an amazing experience they put together. Great write up, you nailed it. I do wish they had 2 doors to drive.

congrats- 1 Five on your honeymoon. You’re going to have a great time.
Hey avc101, great to read that you too just finished enjoying the Moab location. Like you, I was really hoping that they would have 2-doors to drive, but the 4-doors did better than I expected, so all good. Great memories and hopefully you get your Bronco soon!
avc101

Rank IV

Dec 06, 2021

The Poacher-
The Moab experience and the crew was amazing. Agreed, the 4 door did really well, really impressed with a stock rig capabilities. But we haven’t had time to take our 2door out on trails yet. Would have liked to use theirs to experiment with instead of ours. Lol
the poacher, Deano Bronc