Champion III

Jul 20, 2020
Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Gwinn
Member #

I read somewhere else that you shouldn't get the winch on Ford's site because it has steel cable instead of synthetic rope. I know nothing about these things. Do you know if synthetic is better or something? Thanks!
That’s what change my mind, It does not come with synthetic and I do believe synthetic is better, that and the location of the mount. Need to look at the front facing camera to see what can be done. So, I’m waiting for aftermarket now for the winch, I did add the pod and underbody lights.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

I read somewhere else that you shouldn't get the winch on Ford's site because it has steel cable instead of synthetic rope. I know nothing about these things. Do you know if synthetic is better or something? Thanks!
Many prefer the synthetic but is a personal preference. Application can come into play as the synthetic line does not do well in a very cold environment. Both have their advocates. :)

Khayze427

Rank IV

Supporter I

Sep 23, 2020
Wayne, PA 19087
First Name
Kingdon
Last Name
Runowicz
Member #

That’s what change my mind, It does not come with synthetic and I do believe synthetic is better, that and the location of the mount. Need to look at the front facing camera to see what can be done. So, I’m waiting for aftermarket now for the winch, I did add the pod and underbody lights.
The pictures and the demo Broncos show/had synthetic but the B&P website text description says steel. Agree on the mount — would like it embedded in the bumper instead of sticking out in front. Aftermarket bumper may fix this.

Pirate

Rank III

Advocate I

Aug 8, 2020
Crown Point, IN, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Morning all! Question.
When placing your order with your dealership were you guys and gals able to order them with any options? Ex. Winch, pod lights ect. ? I was there yesterday finalizing my Badlands and there was no way to add the options.
Just curious. It was kinda a bummer but did save me quite a bit on the final price at the bottom of the page ;)

tracythemighty

Rank II

Advocate III

Jul 15, 2020
Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
D
Morning all! Question.
When placing your order with your dealership were you guys and gals able to order them with any options? Ex. Winch, pod lights ect. ? I was there yesterday finalizing my Badlands and there was no way to add the options.
Just curious. It was kinda a bummer but did save me quite a bit on the final price at the bottom of the page ;)
I haven't ordered yet. Does this mean, you can't get any of those things, or that you will have to get them after the build? Is it better to wait for most things for after market?

DeepCreek

Rank V

Promoter III

Nov 28, 2020
McHenry, MD, USA
First Name
Klaus
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

I haven't ordered yet either but looking over the Bronco Order Guide dated 1/19/21, it only lists a handful of the accessories. They are shown either as "Ford Accessories (Custom Accessories, Pre-installed)" OR "Dealer Installed Options - Shipped Separately...ordered through WBDO Only" . The extra light packages and BESTOP tops for example appear in neither section. This would seem to explain the current limitations but then begs the question how and when we can order the vast majority of accessories off of the lengthy spreadsheet posted to Bronco Nation a week or two ago?

SVO

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 27, 2021
Louisiana, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Breaux
Thanks! These are the last 7 pages, I know i'm being a pain but did I miss the others in your reply?

Combat Wombat

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 20, 2021
Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Baronak
Just had an issue with my dealer, been waiting for them to call to no avail and finally decided to call. They stated that I reserved a two door which is correct. However, I reserved as a place holder as I had not decided what I wanted. I opted for a 4 door during my conversion and they stated that FORD had already kicked back orders if you switched from 2 door to 4 door? Wasn't so........bad enough there isn't enough allocations already.

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
Just had an issue with my dealer, been waiting for them to call to no avail and finally decided to call. They stated that I reserved a two door which is correct. However, I reserved as a place holder as I had not decided what I wanted. I opted for a 4 door during my conversion and they stated that FORD had already kicked back orders if you switched from 2 door to 4 door? Wasn't so........bad enough there isn't enough allocations already.
I believe Ford announced we can switch from amount of doors and trim levels at time of order. I would call Ford customer service to verify.

Reactions: Bronc96

meandeane

Rank 0

Advocate I

Oct 26, 2020
Austin, TX
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Deane
I want to wait and order a white hardtop when they are offered next year, if I order my bronco with a soft top only will that impede my ability to add the hard top later? Electrical/water hookups for the wiper etc... Thanks!

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

I want to wait and order a white hardtop when they are offered next year, if I order my bronco with a soft top only will that impede my ability to add the hard top later? Electrical/water hookups for the wiper etc... Thanks!
You can easily add a hardtop later, it just won't have the electrical/plumbing connections. They can most likely be added later, but it'll probably cost a pretty penny.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Yes, the electrical connection and water hookups will not be there. Definitely not the ideal situation, but still doable.

Edit: Dang, Buckin' beat me to it. Gettin slow in my old age.