Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Some weird ass limitations....why does adding full vehicle steel bash plates disqualify headliners, cargo mats etc.... makes no sense

View attachment 7642
Not sure you are prepared for this, but here goes. Brace yourself!

First the short answer. Ford has purposely built dependencies into the Build and Price application to limit the overall weight of the Bronco you configure so you can load it up with loved ones and gear.

Did that help? I doubt it! So now read on.

Ford has built a superb vehicle that has a class designation. You have heard the marketing phrases such as, “Best in Class”. Being the best in class is important to the Bronco and that limits the total weight. Now as a potential buyer you come along and select a model and options. Both have the potential of adding weight to your Bronco even before you take delivery.

As a case in point, the Badlands and the First Edition models are their most capable Broncos, those models especially have more weight. Keep in mind there are significant differences between the 2-door and the 4-door models, but I will try to avoid getting too deep into the weeds. So, some potential buyers simply change model/door selection to add on more options.

Still with me? Read on!

Another way a buyer can work within the system is to modify the options selected. Before you go down that road, it is helpful to understand what adds significant weight to a Bronco. For that, you have three major categories. I will list them and the estimated weights. Please keep in mind these weights are estimates.
  • Armor: Steel Front Bumper = 90lbs, Rear Steel Bumper = 50lbs, Bash Plates = 50lbs, Rock Rails = 60lbs.
  • Axles/Tires/Suspension upgrades = 100+lbs
  • Engine upgrade = 150lbs
If you change some of your options, you might be able to arrive at a Bronco which is close to your dream vehicle. Some buyers may add/change features once they take delivery.

Hope this helps.

PS – I suspect Ford understands this issue which is fondly referred to as the “GVWR Dilemma” and maybe cooking up a solution for the MY22 Broncos. For me, I will be watching the aftermarket for aluminum armor replacements to reduce weight so I can add in more big dogs!

Glenn

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 27, 2020
Vermilion, OH, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Peterson
Just glad Cyber Orange is still a paint option for the 2021, since it looks like it will take most of the year to get my Bronco. Oh well, my 2011 Fiesta just turned 240K and is still running strong. I can wait as long as Cyber Orange is still there.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Just glad Cyber Orange is still a paint option for the 2021, since it looks like it will take most of the year to get my Bronco. Oh well, my 2011 Fiesta just turned 240K and is still running strong. I can wait as long as Cyber Orange is still there.
Welcome to Bronco Nation Glenn! Great to have you here.
Yeah, I've heard some grumblings about Cyber Orange possibly going away for MY22, but no official word. Do you have an early reservation?

Reactions: Bronc96

Broncadonk MKG

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dec 23, 2020
Manhattan, KS, USA
First Name
Mikayla
Last Name
Gentine
Member #

I can't tell if I'm just being dense or if I actually caught an error in the online B&P versus the final order guide here.

This applies to Black Diamond but idk if it's applicable to any other trims.

The preliminary and final Ford order guides (in both Ford's official dealer system and this order guide shared by BN) state that rock rails come standard. On online B&P, the 2-door rock rails are optional at $595.

This certainly won't be the straw that breaks this camel's back for me, as I'm set on the BD either way. But I want to make sure this is an error in B&P before I add an unnecessary $600 to my order next week.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

I can't tell if I'm just being dense or if I actually caught an error in the online B&P versus the final order guide here.

This applies to Black Diamond but idk if it's applicable to any other trims.

The preliminary and final Ford order guides (in both Ford's official dealer system and this order guide shared by BN) state that rock rails come standard. On online B&P, the 2-door rock rails are optional at $595.

This certainly won't be the straw that breaks this camel's back for me, as I'm set on the BD either way. But I want to make sure this is an error in B&P before I add an unnecessary $600 to my order next week.
Yes, the rock rails are standard. It's just another mistake in B&P. Hopefully they get all of them cleared up on the next update.

Khayze427

Rank IV

Supporter I

Sep 23, 2020
Wayne, PA 19087
First Name
Kingdon
Last Name
Runowicz
Member #

Page 31 “AXLE AVAILABILITY” seems to imply that the 4.7 ratio is only available from the factory as part of the Sasquatch Package. On the B&P for Badlands it is listed as a no cost option?

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Moab, Ut
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

That chart is a little confusing, but 4.7 is standard for Badlands with a manual transmission. If you add the auto transmission you get 4.46, unless you also add Sasquatch in which case it goes back to 4.7.

Khayze427

Rank IV

Supporter I

Sep 23, 2020
Wayne, PA 19087
First Name
Kingdon
Last Name
Runowicz
Member #

That chart is a little confusing, but 4.7 is standard for Badlands with a manual transmission. If you add the auto transmission you get 4.46, unless you also add Sasquatch in which case it goes back to 4.7.
Yeah. I’m thinking the Ordering Guide is probably more up to date than the B&P. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: TorgSurv

bpurtz

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 11, 2021
Oregon
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Purtzer
PS – I suspect Ford understands this issue which is fondly referred to as the “GVWR Dilemma” and maybe cooking up a solution for the MY22 Broncos. For me, I will be watching the aftermarket for aluminum armor replacements to reduce weight so I can add in more big dogs!
I think the GVWR issue and limits are primarily because of the CAFE standards put in place by Obama. When you increase the weight of a vehicle, you decrease the fuel economy. I suspect Ford needs to maintain a CAFE standard based on the existing GVWR for the vehicles that have accessory limitations.

CCDetroit

Rank IV

Supporter I

Dec 17, 2020
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Carly
Last Name
Cummings
Member #

Has anyone heard any details about the all black interior on the FE? Any description other than all black? If staff or anyone can ask Ford the following, or knows the answer, it would be great!!

1. Will we see the actual interior before March 19?
2. Will there be CGI renderings soon?
3. Will we see the option in B&P on the 20th or in other updates?
4. The vinyl mentioned, is it MGV?

GettyUp

Rank III

Champion III

Aug 16, 2020
Rancho Cucamonga CA
First Name
Rocky
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

I sure that the has been asked or addressed but can't find it. I have reserved a 2 door but after seeing the interior what to build a 4door can I do this??

JRHopp

Rank II

Advocate III

Oct 7, 2020
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hopping
Are the Pod Lights listed? I can’t find them — of course my eyes are not as sharp as the use to be.
Ah-Ha! Found them. Searched the Excel list. Thank you. “BRONCO MIRROR MOUNTED OFF-ROAD LIGHT KIT”.
Now the question is — pre-installed at factory or dealer installed?
Where did your dealer find these? I'd like to have these factory installed? These and the Amber under body off road lights
Thanks!

Reactions: CCDetroit

Khayze427

Rank IV

Supporter I

Sep 23, 2020
Wayne, PA 19087
First Name
Kingdon
Last Name
Runowicz
Member #