Survey for Ford- Customer opinion on color changes

BrAUnc
Aug 24, 2021

Rank IV

Aug 24, 2021

Group, I would like to start a thread to communicate customer dissatisfaction over Ford dropping colors for orders already placed. In my opinion, the fair thing to do, is for Ford to honor those color choices for orders already placed. We are being patient with Ford, we should receive the same. Before responding that you do not like any of the outgoing colors, please consider how you would feel if an option you are dead set on, went away for 2022, and reply as such. It could be your build package, etc next.... Knowing Ford reps frequent the forum, having our voices heard may help. It sure can't hurt. We are the people "ponying up" to hold the line while they work out supply issues. There should be more consideration for our patience, and effort than jerking colors out from under us that we have placed orders for, and have been waiting patiently for, for months..... If there are other threads to this effect, good. That only further illustrates our displeasure.
Cornwelltoolman, BroncoUp
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021

Libations MOD

Aug 24, 2021

Curious, have you seen the post on here from Ford CS?? Orders placed keep their color. Forgot which thread the conversation is posted on.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
LaurieLeilani, Rgwinn

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2021

Yeah, sounds like a non-issue. Although logistically I don't know how they can do it.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank IV

Aug 24, 2021

Curious, have you seen the post on here from Ford CS?? Orders placed keep their color. Forgot which thread the conversation is posted on.
No. I have not. Thank you for the heads up! I have only seen info to the contrary, and conflicting info from my dealer.
Cliffhanger, JetsetterAZ

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2021

Where is that?
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Cliffhanger, ResidualGenius

Rank IV

Aug 24, 2021

I did find the post you are referring to. However, I just chatted with customer service, and they were not sure. I do not have a VIN# assigned yet. I was told to reach out to my dealer....
Daisy76

Rank IV

Aug 24, 2021

Where is that?

Attachments

ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

Aug 24, 2021

Yep, that one LOL
I think it would be pretty easy to say ok as of this date XXX any orders placed prior to will be able to keep their color. After that given date will all be 22MY colors only.
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
AcesandEights, 14U

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2021

Thanks! I still harbor some doubt given the official communications and the difficulty painting the few Rapid Red, Antimatter Blue and the other one (?). I would love to keep my Rapid Red.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
NickP, Deano Bronc

Member 2541 Jerry

Aug 24, 2021

Thanks! I still harbor some doubt given the official communications and the difficulty painting the few Rapid Red, Antimatter Blue and the other one (?). I would love to keep my Rapid Red.
I agree with you !
If it is “Not Scheduled “ you will have to select a new color.

Attachments

2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Soupcook, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Aug 24, 2021

It's hard to believe Ford(Blue Oval) does not have blues for 2022

Rank III

Aug 24, 2021

Group, I would like to start a thread to communicate customer dissatisfaction over Ford dropping colors for orders already placed. In my opinion, the fair thing to do, is for Ford to honor those color choices for orders already placed. We are being patient with Ford, we should receive the same. Before responding that you do not like any of the outgoing colors, please consider how you would feel if an option you are dead set on, went away for 2022, and reply as such. It could be your build package, etc next.... Knowing Ford reps frequent the forum, having our voices heard may help. It sure can't hurt. We are the people "ponying up" to hold the line while they work out supply issues. There should be more consideration for our patience, and effort than jerking colors out from under us that we have placed orders for, and have been waiting patiently for, for months..... If there are other threads to this effect, good. That only further illustrates our displeasure.
well my first issue is the boring color palette Bronco has compared to Jeep. here are the 13 jeep colors available on the Sport (their base model) 1629831388705.png
as compared to this small assortment of 7 Base Bronco colors 1629831462569.png i have owned a wrangler in the past and i must say, people that buy these vehicles want to be seen in them. if they didnt they would not have doors and roofs off. they need to look back at the original colors of the bronco with a frost turquoise, Chrome Yellow or even lunar green. 1629831827597.png the new eruption green is cool and a throwback to holly green which is cool, but what about other colors? clearly jeep has no problem giving us options, and before anybody says they charge for every color, i will gladly pay$245 for a larger option of colors to get into something i like better. i fortunately will have my color choice of velocity blue held over for 2022, but i feel bad for the guys who love the antimatter blue and rapid red and really had their heart set on them, this is the wrong decision. ford is the one that pushed this off, not the buyers. if they wanted to keep the colors for 2022 and introduce a couple new ones, i think that would have been great for everyone. but to say you cannot get something because of our own mess up... it is not a consumer friendly move. especially since they already knew how much paint they will need for these vehicles. how about offer it to people who have ordered already but not offer it to new reservations? this is a bad move period.
Bronco_Girl, Katwithcosmos

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Aug 24, 2021

I'm more pissed we couldn't get Red Hot Chili Pepper the first year instead of Crazy Eye's approved "Cyber Orange"

Like I got a future collectors item, but I prefer blood orange to Ruby Red
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Broncofly, RichW23

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2021

Since I'm not scheduled, I guess I won't get my color...Thanks Ford!
Speed Devil, RichW23

Rank 0

Aug 24, 2021

Yep, I was told by my dealer "Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue Metallic and Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat will be available exterior color options until the end of the 2021 model year"
I was an early order and pushed to the YM22 because of their inability to put a top on it. I've been patient and understanding but, this is insane... I was offered antimatter blue, I chose antimatter blue and I should get antimatter blue... I can't believe this is even has to be discussed. Does it really need to be this difficult?
Rydfree, Wamland

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2021

No offense, but it really is that difficult. If you get moved to a new year, there are new colors. The booths are not set up to spray every color ever offered, especially if you're a new model year. If you're a new model year, the booth will spray the colors available at that time, not the colors that were offered in the past. Just doesn't work that way, just like you won't get the (name any other part/option that is no longer offered). If they no longer offer the 2.3L in 2022 (as an example) they aren't going to pull a 2.3L out of their *ss and put it in your vehicle. They aren't going to put 2021 fender flares on a 2022 if they changed the part for 2022.

It is what it is. You ordered in 2021, but you're not getting a 2021. So, you get what they offer in 2022 or 2023, or whenever your vehicle comes down the assembly line. Just be happy you get to choose a color at all. Amirite?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Speed Devil, JJACK502

Libations MOD

Aug 24, 2021

It is what it is. You ordered in 2021, but you're not getting a 2021. So, you get what they offer in 2022 or 2023, or whenever your vehicle comes down the assembly line. Just be happy you get to choose a color at all. Amirite?
You get Black!!
KennyMac, AcesandEights

Life is a Highway

Aug 24, 2021

No offense, but it really is that difficult. If you get moved to a new year, there are new colors. The booths are not set up to spray every color ever offered, especially if you're a new model year. If you're a new model year, the booth will spray the colors available at that time, not the colors that were offered in the past. Just doesn't work that way, just like you won't get the (name any other part/option that is no longer offered). If they no longer offer the 2.3L in 2022 (as an example) they aren't going to pull a 2.3L out of their *ss and put it in your vehicle. They aren't going to put 2021 fender flares on a 2022 if they changed the part for 2022.

Can’t wait to see the MY23 in Amirite! Is that a blue, a green, a blue green, or a green blue? I believe the other new color is uRrite! :ROFLMAO:
Buck_um42, TurboS-957

Rank IV

Aug 25, 2021

Then why not fulfill current orders before you switch. They can just push mine ahead of yours, regardless of how early you ordered. You get yours when you get it, since your color is still available. Amirite?
RichW23, AcesandEights

Member 2541 Jerry

Aug 25, 2021

I guess I don’t see purpose in color updates/changes when you’ve basically only built 20% of a model year vehicle production.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
tracythemighty, Gimesnow