Supporter I

Jul 19, 2020
Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
schweisthal
Member #

They didn't forget female soccer mom drivers, or the I males who want the mean looking offroad drivers. the bronco is all the offroad toys... with an engine built to be a pavement princess or soccer suv... No Diesel, No V-8 not even a hybrid. Now for the offroading communtity who comprehends things like more torque is better and that Torque is greater than all hopefully the Bronco Raptor will fix this inequality and add the V-8, the Diesel and a hybrid or a pure electric.

Last edited:

Champion III

Jul 13, 2020
Burkburnett, TX, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Miller
Member #

They didn't forget female drivers the bronco is all the offroad toys... with an engine built to be a pavement princess or soccer suv... No Diesel, No V-8 not even a hybrid.
I’m really not sure how to take this comment. It’s both a little sexist and a little uninformed.

The original point of the thread was that Ford should not forget women in the marketplace - that females want to have fun off-roading too. Maybe it wasn’t your intent, but you seem to belittle women enthusiasts into the sole realm of soccer-moms and “pavement princesses.” That’s pretty contrary to the idea of being inclusive of women hobbyists.

Similarly, you’ve dismissed the work that’s been put into making the EcoBoost engines a very versatile and capable platform - delivering both real world power and increased fuel efficiency. Your comment regarding diesels and V8s leads one to believe that you think that a diesel or V8 would somehow be better simply because they’re bigger or diesel powered. For the size of vehicle and use, that’s not necessarily true. I’ve had the EcoBoost F-150 and it outperforms my business partner’s V8 in every way. Mine was a 2015, his is a 2019. The 3.5L EcoBoost 6-Cyl (which has evolved into the current 2.7L that is an option for the Bronco) was better than the V8 in every way. More power, better torque, better acceleration, and better fuel economy. Ford offers the V8 only because there are some stubborn holdouts that won’t buy a truck without one. As for the hybrid? C’mon... it’s a dying tech that will quickly be replaced by electric vehicles within the next 10 years. To be fair, so is the gasoline combustion engine. But, the move to EcoBoost drivetrains will be a huge environmental benefit, because most buyers will be transitioning to a vehicle with improved economy over their current daily driver. Heck, I’ll be transitioning from a diesel powered Super Duty to the 2.7L Bronco. That will be a big net-positive in carbon output for the environment.

Just some things to think on.

Reactions: Puckrobber

RedneckBronco

Rank V

Supporter I

Jul 19, 2020
Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
schweisthal
Member #

I’m really not sure how to take this comment. It’s both a little sexist and a little uninformed.

The original point of the thread was that Ford should not forget women in the marketplace - that females want to have fun off-roading too. Maybe it wasn’t your intent, but you seem to belittle women enthusiasts into the sole realm of soccer-moms and “pavement princesses.” That’s pretty contrary to the idea of being inclusive of women hobbyists.

Similarly, you’ve dismissed the work that’s been put into making the EcoBoost engines a very versatile and capable platform - delivering both real world power and increased fuel efficiency. Your comment regarding diesels and V8s leads one to believe that you think that a diesel or V8 would somehow be better simply because they’re bigger or diesel powered. For the size of vehicle and use, that’s not necessarily true. I’ve had the EcoBoost F-150 and it outperforms my business partner’s V8 in every way. Mine was a 2015, his is a 2019. The 3.5L EcoBoost 6-Cyl (which has evolved into the current 2.7L that is an option for the Bronco) was better than the V8 in every way. More power, better torque, better acceleration, and better fuel economy. Ford offers the V8 only because there are some stubborn holdouts that won’t buy a truck without one. As for the hybrid? C’mon... it’s a dying tech that will quickly be replaced by electric vehicles within the next 10 years. To be fair, so is the gasoline combustion engine. But, the move to EcoBoost drivetrains will be a huge environmental benefit, because most buyers will be transitioning to a vehicle with improved economy over their current daily driver. Heck, I’ll be transitioning from a diesel powered Super Duty to the 2.7L Bronco. That will be a big net-positive in carbon output for the environment.

Just some things to think on.
I should have reworded it I know plenty of women who offroad quite well. I was making a tongue in cheek remark that the engines are better suited for the role that most SUVs end up performing hell for that matter even Raptors be they male or female drivers .. in being sexy mall crawlers, pavement princesses and the soccer mom car with never a spec of dirt to be seen on them.
Diesel as far as the blah blah blah carbon blah blah.. Is clean, effecient .. ie cleaner than a hybrid now with Def fluid. As for the electric it's all well and good for yuppies and cityfolk who once in a while play in the outdoors before glamping. However when Im doing a week out camping carrying Diesel is a lot easier than praying for a power source... ie a COAL powered electrical outlet or a GAS powered generator to recharge my vehicle. My 351 windsor in my 89 outperforms the eco boost every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Hell With easy modifications and a little under 3k it runs with the 5.4 and 6.2. And it will downright destroy the baby 2.7 all while averaging 16-18 mpg on the hwy and 9-12 offroading Seems pretty good economy to me. 2.7 has 400-410 lbs of torque... yay... the Jeep Diesel is 470ish , My Bronco is well over 600. My utimate preference would of course be a Diesel but a nice V-8 would be awesome as well as a manual transmission in the other engines. My 2012 Super Duty Diesel gets well over 25 MPG with the mods I have done to it. Yes one day in the next probably 20 years their will be electric vehicles that can run for weeks and they will be a better option as they do have innate advantages over the internal combustion engine and more torque but as someone who goes on week long excursions it is not a viable option for me. And I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brushfire than own a hybrid.

katsess

Rank V

Supporter I

Jul 7, 2020
Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
Katherine
Last Name
Sessoms
Member #

My husband doesn't agree with my model choice. I reserved a Wildtrak but he wants a Black Diamond. I may change over to a Badlands but will have to wait and see. I think there will be more female Bronco drivers than ever before!

Last edited:

paul rondelli

Rank V

Supporter III

May 21, 2020
Suwanee, GA, USA
What is this death wobble you speak of. Just want to make sure the wife will enjoy it (and live) when she drives the Bronco.
The "Death Wobble" is a byproduct of the Wrangler's solid front axle design, and can cause the steering wheel to violently shake after hitting a bump or other road imperfection at higher speeds. The issue isn't just a Jeep Wrangler problem though; any vehicle with a solid front axle is susceptible to the issue

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

The "Death Wobble" is a byproduct of the Wrangler's solid front axle design, and can cause the steering wheel to violently shake after hitting a bump or other road imperfection at higher speeds. The issue isn't just a Jeep Wrangler problem though; any vehicle with a solid front axle is susceptible to the issue
The problem is associated with worn parts, its not a condition that is present with the front in good condition. Had a Jeep with worn ball joints that would do it.