Supporter I

Jul 7, 2020
Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
Katherine
Last Name
Sessoms
Member #

Ford loves soccer moms. The success of the explorer should attest to that. My Mom absolutely loves her Jeep. It drives like a tank...has had the death wobble a few times … and NEVER... ABSOLUTELY EVER....has left the pavement.... But too each their own. I almost got into trouble when she showed up with a new winch bumper and 12,000lb winch. I started to say " good lord woman your 70 years old and baby the jeep.... why on earth do you need a winch???" instead I settled with " Wow that looks great"

Absolutely Ford wants that market.... I will try not to throw up when I see the sticker " silly boys Broncos are for girls" on a pretty pink Bronco.
Us girls just want to have fun! Your mom is cool!

katsess

Rank V

Supporter I

Jul 7, 2020
Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
Katherine
Last Name
Sessoms
Member #

I am not intimidated by offroading being a mostly guy thing. I plan to get out there and play in the mud with them! I think Ford does find a way to appeal to women, I just don't think it'll be with this vehicle unless they do some marketing showing ladies out playing with Broncs in the dirt!

katsess

Rank V

Supporter I

Jul 7, 2020
Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
Katherine
Last Name
Sessoms
Member #

In Germany, Aafes Auto Sales (The on-post auto sales place) was attempting to sell a Mustang GT with a body kit badged as a Shelby for around $45k. I walked all around it, noticed the ride height was wrong, there was no signature, the body kit was wrong. Then I asked him which engine, he said 4.6 S/C and I asked him to pop the hood, he wouldn't do it. I then proceeded to call him out on the BS and he still stood there trying to tell me it was a Shelby. This was in 2010 btw, it was the 09 GT with a body kit and nothing more.

Knowledgable sales people are important, but so are knowledgable buyers, because I saw two of those same cars driving around, the people got ripped off.
That's just sad! Glad you were smart enough to know the difference.

Yelie

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 26, 2020
Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Danielle
Last Name
Opp
I tend to do a ton of research before I buy anything so I expect my salesperson to know at least as much as I do and answer any questions I have. If they can't do that or directs all questions to my husband instead of me even when we make it clear I am the buyer I just opt to give my money to someone else.

paul rondelli

Rank V

Don't delete

May 21, 2020
Suwanee, GA, USA
I have tried to make my little girl a Bronco fan. I had her riding shotgun since she was a toddler. I took her camping and backpacking when she was so small i had to put her in the backpack. We went camping in North Carolina and I had to set up a play pen so she had somewhere to crawl around.

I have failed miserably. She makes me drop her off at the street for school.... so she doesn't want to be seen getting out of the Bronco. She hates camping.... and refused to pee in the woods... so back packing is out of the question. I Love her more than life itself... but had to buy a Ford Focus to teach her to drive since she refuses to drive the Bronco because it is old.... and has a stick shift.

At least I have another shot... the little Boy turns 12 this year... and already is head over heels for anything Bronco related.

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

I think the goal of this thread was to carve out a nook for the ladies. I don't need special treatment or a special place on here but can we please avoid PC arguments and just talk about these great trucks :)
I'd like to the stats on Bronco buyers, I'm willing to bet there will be more women driving Broncos than men. or split 50 50.

paul rondelli

Rank V

Don't delete

May 21, 2020
Suwanee, GA, USA
Ok ….... here is my advice on how to clear $50,000 in the next three years. Get together with fellow female Bronco enthusiasts and start your own on-line community ...web site ...solely marketed to female Bronco Drivers. As you can see this is an emerging market and is posed to take off. Do gear reviews aimed at your target audience and have a place to compare build/upgrade threads. Work it for a few years and then sell it to large corporate entity... who is only worried about the number of clicks anyway. If you are on the fence about risk versus reward.... The only risk i can see is that your target audience might be as large as anticipated and a potential reward would be to contact vendors to get some free swag to test and review on your site.

katsess

Rank V

Supporter I

Jul 7, 2020
Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
Katherine
Last Name
Sessoms
Member #

Ok ….... here is my advice on how to clear $50,000 in the next three years. Get together with fellow female Bronco enthusiasts and start your own on-line community ...web site ...solely marketed to female Bronco Drivers. As you can see this is an emerging market and is posed to take off. Do gear reviews aimed at your target audience and have a place to compare build/upgrade threads. Work it for a few years and then sell it to large corporate entity... who is only worried about the number of clicks anyway. If you are on the fence about risk versus reward.... The only risk i can see is that your target audience might be as large as anticipated and a potential reward would be to contact vendors to get some free swag to test and review on your site.
Great idea!!

katsess

Rank V

Supporter I

Jul 7, 2020
Frederick, MD, USA
First Name
Katherine
Last Name
Sessoms
Member #

I'd like to the stats on Bronco buyers, I'm willing to bet there will be more women driving Broncos than men. or split 50 50.
Possible. I'd like to see the stats too. I think some women are still a bit intimidated by off-roading but they needn't be. I find the community to be very welcoming :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee C

VoiceO'Reason

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jul 16, 2020
USA USA USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Smith
Female, male, trans whatever, most salespeople are compete and utter morons who know nothing about the product they are selling. You will have researched your purchase. You will know what you want. Test drive one, then begin negotiating remotely from home with every dealer you choose. I dealt with six on my last purchase. Had no problem sending redacted PDF quotes out to dealers for them to try to beat. I have zero respect for them after dealing with all of their incessant BS and lying. Your genitals do not matter when it comes time to purchase anything and relying on a salesperson is an enormous waste of time.

At the same time why should gender matter at all about anything? If a woman wants to be a mechanic, sales person etc fine. If they actually learn about the product and are an expert in their field they will get hired. Ford has always had female specific products in the dealerships I have been to, can't imagine this being any different. At the same time, businesses are inherently there to make money. If women aren't buying the products there's little incentive to make them. If they aren't interested in being mechanics they can't be hired. It's all about the mighty dollar at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Champion III

Jul 13, 2020
Burkburnett, TX, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Go to the dealer knowing more than your salesman and you'll come out ahead every time, which most of the time is not hard to do.
I'm not sure why we even need salespeople. Let's skip them and go directly to the sales manager who has all the say in pricing negotiations anyway. I've grown since my first purchases, and now I don't even approach them with a back and forth. I search their inventory ahead of time, I know the model I want, I know the value of my trade, and I give them my offer. It's become a take it or leave it deal for me.

okie4570

Rank V

Promoter II

May 21, 2020
Oklahoma
I'm not sure why we even need salespeople. Let's skip them and go directly to the sales manager who has all the say in pricing negotiations anyway. I've grown since my first purchases, and now I don't even approach them with a back and forth. I search their inventory ahead of time, I know the model I want, I know the value of my trade, and I give them my offer. It's become a take it or leave it deal for me.
Agreed, online sales are fantastic.

Reactions: Mel and AndrewGold