Father Son Trip in my new Wildtrak

HBhoneybadger1
Aug 09, 2021

Rank II

Aug 09, 2021

Hello Everyone, I finally took my new Bronco out on it's first road trip. This was my Son and I's annual father son trip. We dedicated this trip to my father Arthur who past away last year to cancer. The first vehicle I drove was my dad's 1984 Bronco. I have a lot of good memories growing up with the Bronco. We took the Bronco on many road trips. My dad enjoyed traveling along Highway 395 and the Pacific Coast Highway in California. Last week, my son and I took the Bronco from Orange County to the 395 and camped at the Rock Creek Resort near Mammoth Mountain. We had fun in the new ride!

The Bronco is at 1,241 miles and I have exposed the Bronco to just about everything. On the drive up to the campground, the temperature was over 100 degrees and my average speed was 75 miles per hour with the AC going. At the camp ground we took the bronco off road at 9,000 foot elevation. We drove over sand, mud, and rocks. I used all the modes while driving through the famous Alabama Hills in California (near Mt. Whitney). The Baja mode is awesome!!

Current Issues: My MIC top just started making a very annoying creaking sound that is driving me nuts.

Attachments

All Terrain Nation, LoneRanger
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 09, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 09, 2021

That's awesome! I plan on doing something similar but with each one of my kids as their ideas of fun are all different.

Thanks for sharing!
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
the poacher, LR48

Life is a Highway

Aug 09, 2021

@HBhoneybadger1 I am curious regarding the roof creaking. Has the roof been removed? Have you been able to locate where on the roof the noises are originating, ie: specific roof panel sections, clam shell portion where it bolts to the body or the whole dang thing all over? I am also interested in your sleeping set up. Did you install any kind of platform to level it out when the seats are folded down? Thank you for sharing your experience. Looks spectacular!
LR48, DRWright

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 09, 2021

So cool! Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
DRWright

Rank II

Aug 09, 2021

WT...what kind of MPG where you seeing at 70? (Highway speeds)
the poacher, TK1215

Rank VI

Aug 09, 2021

Hello Everyone, I finally took my new Bronco out on it's first road trip. This was my Son and I's annual father son trip. We dedicated this trip to my father Arthur who past away last year to cancer. The first vehicle I drove was my dad's 1984 Bronco. I have a lot of good memories growing up with the Bronco. We took the Bronco on many road trips. My dad enjoyed traveling along Highway 395 and the Pacific Coast Highway in California. Last week, my son and I took the Bronco from Orange County to the 395 and camped at the Rock Creek Resort near Mammoth Mountain. We had fun in the new ride!

The Bronco is at 1,241 miles and I have exposed the Bronco to just about everything. On the drive up to the campground, the temperature was over 100 degrees and my average speed was 75 miles per hour with the AC going. At the camp ground we took the bronco off road at 9,000 foot elevation. We drove over sand, mud, and rocks. I used all the modes while driving through the famous Alabama Hills in California (near Mt. Whitney). The Baja mode is awesome!!

Current Issues: My MIC top just started making a very annoying creaking sound that is driving me nuts.
Great pics!!!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24

Rank II

Aug 10, 2021

@HBhoneybadger1 I am curious regarding the roof creaking. Has the roof been removed? Have you been able to locate where on the roof the noises are originating, ie: specific roof panel sections, clam shell portion where it bolts to the body or the whole dang thing all over? I am also interested in your sleeping set up. Did you install any kind of platform to level it out when the seats are folded down? Thank you for sharing your experience. Looks spectacular!
I have not removed any parts of the roof and it seems to creek all over. During my trip I camped in a tent not the back of the Bronco.

Rank II

Aug 10, 2021

WT...what kind of MPG where you seeing at 70? (Highway speeds)
I averaged 15 miles per gallon. Not bad for 35 inch tires loaded with camping gear.
WRANCO Flicka, the poacher

Rank II

Aug 10, 2021

I averaged 15 miles per gallon. Not bad for 35 inch tires loaded with camping gear.

Thanks for the info...and ouch!

Life is a Highway

Aug 10, 2021

I have not removed any parts of the roof and it seems to creek all over. During my trip I camped in a tent not the back of the Bronco.
I thought that was an air mattress

Rank II

Aug 10, 2021

Very nice. We need more fathers to spend quality time with their children.
LoneRanger, WRANCO Flicka

Rank 0

Aug 11, 2021

Man, really envious! I hope my Bronco comes in time to do that kind of trip as my son is going into his senior year and off to the Air Force next year! Kudos to you, as at the end of the day, all we have is our memories!
the poacher, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Aug 11, 2021

What length fishing poles are those? I do some catfishing and that seems like its going to be the setup! lol
4dr Badlands ( Grogu ) Eruption Green. 434 day waiter.

Rank VI

Aug 11, 2021

EXCELLENT!

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 11, 2021

Hey HBhoneybadger1, thank you for posting. What a great way to honour your father, and to tie your son into it is even better. Nice way to store your rods by the way. Great to read that the truck is living up to all of our expectations. I hope the creaking sound in the MIC top can be found and stopped.
Know that we are all jealous of your trip, but we are all looking forward to getting our own vehicles in due course!