Father’s Day Shock

Jungleboy
Jun 21, 2022

Rank III

Jun 21, 2022

The wife and I were returning home from my dad’s house this past Sunday when she spotted a 2 door Bronco sitting on a car lot just off the freeway. I asked if she was able to identify the model, but no luck based on the distance and speed we were traveling. We chatted for a minute and decided to turn around to go back and take a look. After pulling up and parking I noticed the 2 door was not the only Bronco on the lot. The 2 door was a red Wild Track. I then started counting Bronco’s sitting on the lot. Including the 2 door there were a total of eight Bronco’s in my immediate view. Most were red Wild Track’s. Though I have been seeing more Bronc’s out on the road I have never seen more than two or three together at one time. So, it was quite a shock to see eight at one location. As I was walking off I realized all of these Bronco’s were sitting on the used car lot. Being curious, I did a quick check of the web site after getting home. Was shocked to find out they had eleven used Bronco’s listed. Anywhere from 71K for the two door up to the mid 80’s for the four doors. I will not name the lot as I have no intention of advertising this dealer. I am not a first day reservation holder as I did not place my reservation until October. Like many reservation holders I have not received a build date and realize it may be a while. It does eat at me bit knowing so many individuals have not received a build date and there is a dealer out there with eleven listed on their used car site. I seriously doubt these are all trade-ins but what do I know. This lot is located in the Houston area. Curious to hear if you folks are seeing this on the lot’s in your area as well?

To all the reservation holders without a build date. Wishing you all the best of luck this week with August scheduling!
Jakob1972, MobScene13
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2022

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2022

I swung by a local dealer yesterday, just to see what was on the lot. Only one Bronco, and it was also a red Wildtrak. It was also a soft top, which I believe is only for the "mannequins". But still kinda cool to see something of a unicorn.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2022

Maybe they are selling the off road demo Broncos as used.

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

Maybe they are selling the off road demo Broncos as used.
If I'm not mistaken the Offrodeo Broncos are Ford owned pre-production test/evaluation vehicles and not able to be sold to the public.
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A

Inmate #19359

Jun 21, 2022

This lot is located in the Houston area. Curious to hear if you folks are seeing this on the lot’s in your area as well?

To all the reservation holders without a build date. Wishing you all the best of luck this week with August scheduling!

My wife and I were on a Ford lot in the Phoenix AZ area a couple of weeks ago and they had 5-6 Broncos, starting at $70k. I’ve been waiting since 9/2021 for mine. It’s frustrating, but I’d never pay that much. I’ll continue to wait, patiently (somewhat)!
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

When I bought mine last year my dealer maybe had 1-2 NEW broncos on the lot between both of their locations. Zero used.

Over the last month Ive driven by both locations and I too was shocked driving by to see A LOT of USED broncos on BOTH lots. I wasn't surprised given the economic climate but was shocked.

I suspect the bronco exodus is happening with some owners for a host of reasons. Please allow me to dive into full speculation mode:

1. Gas prices
2. Inflation
3. Slow economy
4. Reliability
5. Investor/profit
6. Practicality
7. Moved on after the honeymoon ended
8. Want a lower monthly payment
9. Paid too much ADM and had to bail
10. Hated the color lol (love mine btw)
11. Parts/repairs take forever
12. Everything cost a fortune
13. The pandemic outdoors adventure surge has ended

I just wonder if any other model has as many used models on the lot, maybe new model Tahoes based on monthly payment and V8 gas guzzle. Not sure. Probably. I wish my bronco had a V8 lol

The bronco had such a massive buzz since its debut in 2020 which as essentially the perfect "doomsday vehicle" that Im not surprised now adays how things have shifted back to normal forcing many people to liquidate pandemic baggage via mentally and financially during their transformation back into reality.

Im holding onto my BL MT and keeping it in prime condition as long as possible for a number of reasons. And if I do ever sell my bronco, whoever buys it will own a well maintained gem that ticks like a swiss clock!!
Screenshot_20211201-235603_Gallery.jpg20211123_211439.jpg
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
JamYork, MobScene13

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 21, 2022

There are plenty of used Broncos out there—obviously all well above MSRP right now.

Can’t speak for every area of the country, but I talked with my dealer’s sales guys about it, as I was surprised too. The general theme for most of these trade-ins is “I like the Bronco but it doesn’t tow my boat or camper.” Most of their trade-ins are for F-150s—with the F-150 Tremor in particular being very popular for my dealer.

There’s also people who just didn’t like the Bronco, or their second Bronco reservation finally got a production date, or were able to grab an F-150 Raptor, or scored an F-150 Lightning reservation, or simply just wanted to take advantage of the market for a quick profit. But for most people, it just sounds like a pickup truck with a higher tow rating is better suited for their lifestyle.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2022

fixed

Screenshot_20211201-235603_Gallery.jpg
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
NT AUTOMOTIVE, MobScene13

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

The wife and I were returning home from my dad’s house this past Sunday when she spotted a 2 door Bronco sitting on a car lot just off the freeway. I asked if she was able to identify the model, but no luck based on the distance and speed we were traveling. We chatted for a minute and decided to turn around to go back and take a look. After pulling up and parking I noticed the 2 door was not the only Bronco on the lot. The 2 door was a red Wild Track. I then started counting Bronco’s sitting on the lot. Including the 2 door there were a total of eight Bronco’s in my immediate view. Most were red Wild Track’s. Though I have been seeing more Bronc’s out on the road I have never seen more than two or three together at one time. So, it was quite a shock to see eight at one location. As I was walking off I realized all of these Bronco’s were sitting on the used car lot. Being curious, I did a quick check of the web site after getting home. Was shocked to find out they had eleven used Bronco’s listed. Anywhere from 71K for the two door up to the mid 80’s for the four doors. I will not name the lot as I have no intention of advertising this dealer. I am not a first day reservation holder as I did not place my reservation until October. Like many reservation holders I have not received a build date and realize it may be a while. It does eat at me bit knowing so many individuals have not received a build date and there is a dealer out there with eleven listed on their used car site. I seriously doubt these are all trade-ins but what do I know. This lot is located in the Houston area. Curious to hear if you folks are seeing this on the lot’s in your area as well?

If they purchased them from another dealer they can only be sold as used, regardless of mileage.

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

When I bought mine last year my dealer maybe had 1-2 NEW broncos on the lot between both of their locations. Zero used.

Over the last month Ive driven by both locations and I too was shocked driving by to see A LOT of USED broncos on BOTH lots. I wasn't surprised given the economic climate but was shocked.

I suspect the bronco exodus is happening with some owners for a host of reasons. Please allow me to dive into full speculation mode:

1. Gas prices
2. Inflation
3. Slow economy
4. Reliability
5. Investor/profit
6. Practicality
7. Moved on after the honeymoon ended
8. Want a lower monthly payment
9. Paid too much ADM and had to bail
10. Hated the color lol (love mine btw)
11. Parts/repairs take forever
12. Everything cost a fortune
13. The pandemic outdoors adventure surge has ended

I just wonder if any other model has as many used models on the lot, maybe new model Tahoes based on monthly payment and V8 gas guzzle. Not sure. Probably. I wish my bronco had a V8 lol

The bronco had such a massive buzz since its debut in 2020 which as essentially the perfect "doomsday vehicle" that Im not surprised now adays how things have shifted back to normal forcing many people to liquidate pandemic baggage via mentally and financially during their transformation back into reality.

Im holding onto my BL MT and keeping it in prime condition as long as possible for a number of reasons. And if I do ever sell my bronco, whoever buys it will own a well maintained gem that ticks like a swiss clock!!
View attachment 38223View attachment 38224
Ooh that's nice. Almost exactly what I ordered..
'22 barebones base, 4dr, non sas, softtop, 2.3 Area51.
Ordered 3/7/22, received 8/6/22 That's how you get it fast!
NT AUTOMOTIVE

Life is a Highway

Jun 21, 2022

Had to come to the Bay Area this week for some business and I stopped by my local dealership for a parts inquiry. As I walked in they had had, almost, my exact build sitting in the sales area. A 4 door EG Badlands, MIC, Sasquatch, tow package 2.7 except it had Lux w/leather and carpet instead of High package with MGV and wash out floors. As a kicker it has all the bags for roof and doors and tube doors. MSRP 65K. Asking 90K. It was a customer order but they backed out due to loosing their ass in the market. Also a 2 door BD with steelies. It was a customers build. Just kills me. I told them I would go to the bank right now and come back with a cashiers check if they would sell it at MSRP. They laughed. So if anyone is interested….good luck. People are starting to back out on orders or selling what they’ve got. 07DCD683-AA22-4C50-8401-E028EC7C01ED.jpeg
Deano Bronc, ChuckO

Rank 0

Jun 21, 2022

While there might be some Bronco owners trading in / selling for financial reasons - DEPENDING on the market (region) it's likely driven by PROFIT. We ordered a 2dr BB 2.3 non SAS. We paid MSRP. Sticker was @ $41K. Literally the same week we bought it, our local Carmax offered us $56K. SAS, First Editions and Wildtracks are getting even more over MSRP.

I work with a guy who ordered a WT 2 dr. The deal was a bit under MSRP (he's known the owner of the dealership for DECADES). When it came in, the dealer told him if he wanted it at the agreed upon price, it was his - no issues. But he literally offered him CASH to NOT pick it up as there were several buyers willing to pay hefty ADM to not wait on their order.

He ended up walking away. They sold him a new '21 F150 (4x4 loaded) for close to $10K UNDER INVOICE.

I think it depends on region / market and supply vs demand. We drove our 2dr from VA to SC recently. We saw ONE 4 door Bronco the entire trip. We literally had people slowing down and taking pictures (not a fan of that).
Deano Bronc, MobScene13

Rank VI

Jun 21, 2022

MSRP 65K. Asking 90K. It was a customer order but they backed out due to loosing their ass in the market.
38% markup, yikes! I don't feel so bad about the 13% markup I paid
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Rank III

Jun 22, 2022

If they purchased them from another dealer they can only be sold as used, regardless of mileage.

Six of these vehicles were so identical it is very possible they could have been mannequin models. All had 300-400 miles on them. Surprised they were all sitting in one location.

Rank V

Jun 22, 2022

Had to come to the Bay Area this week for some business and I stopped by my local dealership for a parts inquiry. As I walked in they had had, almost, my exact build sitting in the sales area. A 4 door EG Badlands, MIC, Sasquatch, tow package 2.7 except it had Lux w/leather and carpet instead of High package with MGV and wash out floors. As a kicker it has all the bags for roof and doors and tube doors. MSRP 65K. Asking 90K. It was a customer order but they backed out due to loosing their ass in the market. Also a 2 door BD with steelies. It was a customers build. Just kills me. I told them I would go to the bank right now and come back with a cashiers check if they would sell it at MSRP. They laughed. So if anyone is interested….good luck. People are starting to back out on orders or selling what they’ve got. View attachment 38226
Gee I would have paid 90K for this, but the greeen doesn't go well with my complexion...and I wouldn't be seen in something like that!!
Deano Bronc, TK1215