Advocate II

May 5, 2021
Atlanta
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Mcclellan
Member #

So can someone on here help me with this . My dealership , Wade Ford , says they have no idea how many Broncos they will be allocated ? They say they have no idea where I “ rank” in the orders they have submitted .
I fully understand they can not predict the build schedule; but I thought each dealership was being told they would get an allocation ; they have to know how many orders they have . ? They have to say we are being allocated say 40 Broncos ; 25 for customer orders and 5 “ demos” and 10 for inventory. All subject to the MAP build schedule. Then they have to know , we have say 100 orders . Based on your reservation date , subject to the MAP build schedule you are number 15 at this time . That includes Scheduled , built , delivered and no build dates - or no ?

Or am I just trying to be logical ?

I am thinking about canceling my order if I have no idea when and if I will get one . I have a 7-18 reservation ; OBX ; 2.7 , soft top and Lux pkg .I dropped the MIC and tow package to try and get moved up . But still nothing .

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

So can someone on here help me with this . My dealership , Wade Ford , says they have no idea how many Broncos they will be allocated ? They say they have no idea where I “ rank” in the orders they have submitted .
I fully understand they can not predict the build schedule; but I thought each dealership was being told they would get an allocation ; they have to know how many orders they have . ? They have to say we are being allocated say 40 Broncos ; 25 for customer orders and 5 “ demos” and 10 for inventory. All subject to the MAP build schedule. Then they have to know , we have say 100 orders . Based on your reservation date , subject to the MAP build schedule you are number 15 at this time . That includes Scheduled , built , delivered and no build dates - or no ?

I am thinking about canceling my order if I have no idea when and if I will get one . I have a 7-18 reservation ; OBX ; 2.7 , soft top and Lux pkg .I dropped the MIC and tow package to try and get moved up . But still nothing .
The dealerships know all of this information. Whether or not they choose to share it is another story.

Reactions: Broncophile

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Champion I

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

Did you get a print out of the changes you made?

Ford hasn’t scheduled Bronco builds for something like 3 weeks. Hang in there!

Chaos

Rank II

Supporter I

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema

They have all that information or have access to it. It is certainly possible that the person you spoke with did not know or that is they have been told to by their managers to give the same ole story. 7-18 is not the best reservation but it is not the worse. There are plenty of first editions that have not been scheduled.

ChadN

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 25, 2021
Connecticut
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Nehring
I ordered a 2-door, I have no interest in s 4-door and from what I understand the soft top isn’t available on the 2-door.
Unfortunately, no.
2 doors reservations seem to be an afterthought.

I'm in the same boat as you!

And what I have learned is there is truly no way of getting "A Bronco the Fastest way..."
This is becoming an incredibly long, slow, uninformed processed of supporting a company with a new product.

HikerAT22

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 20, 2021
Broadview Heights, OH, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Ridgeway
Member #

The dark side of stopping all 2 doors is that Ford shifts all remaining builds to the high priced 4 doors. The entry level Base, which is my build, jumps $5,000 to choose 4 door over the 2 door. The other trim levels by comparison only have a $2,500 bump. It is apparent that the 2 door Base was priced at an entry point to directly compete with the entry level Wrangler but maybe a bit of an artificial low so stopping the 2 door production allows for builds to yield a bit more average unit profit right now.

• Sad
Reactions: Crysled84