Extra Warranty Time and Miles for a Mannequin?

ruby1
Jun 17, 2022

Rank I

Jun 17, 2022

We purchased the mannequin from our local dealer, and were told that would come with an extra 1 year, and 12K miles, on the factory bumper to bumper warranty. Suspiciously, when we picked up the truck and signed the paperwork, there was no mention of this at all. They told us that it was through Ford, and that was all they knew. Do any of you super knowledgeable folks have any info on this?
Thank you!
ResidualGenius
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2022

Rank VI

Jun 17, 2022

They come with warranty?

Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
EvlNvrDys, Big Papa

No Ragerts

Jun 17, 2022

We purchased the mannequin from our local dealer, and were told that would come with an extra 1 year, and 12K miles, on the factory bumper to bumper warranty. Suspiciously, when we picked up the truck and signed the paperwork, there was no mention of this at all. They told us that it was through Ford, and that was all they knew. Do any of you super knowledgeable folks have any info on this?
Thank you!
The warranty starts when the vehicle is titled (i.e. sold to you and registered through your state’s DMV).

So, if it’s already 1 year old and has 12k miles the dealer’s statement is correct.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jun 17, 2022

Was it sold as a new vehicle, or a used vehicle?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Libations MOD

Jun 18, 2022

Your warranty starts from buy/title so technically speaking yes but you are also buying a "used" drove hard vehicle. My dealer said to take it out and put it through your testing LOL
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank I

Jun 18, 2022

Ours came with 247 miles on it. It was a Mannequin at a small local dealer, where apparently, nobody knew this truck was there. Is there any additional warranty from Ford over the 3/36 for it? Or was the dealer doing what they do, and blowing smoke? They stated that this would come with 4/48.

Rank I

Jun 18, 2022

Was it sold as a new vehicle, or a used vehicle?
It was sold as New

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 18, 2022

Yes, dealer mannequins are provided with an extra year and 12,000 miles of warranty. Comes out to be 42-months/42,000 miles. It’s part of the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program.

Vehicles in FCTP are designed to be loaner/demo vehicles. Dealers are typically required to hold on to the vehicle until the end of the model year or put at least 2000 miles on the vehicle before they are sold… but for the Bronco there was a bunch of special exceptions to those rules (I think they had to hold onto them for at least 7 months, and there was no mileage requirement). Unlike most new vehicles where the warranty starts when the vehicle is titled, with FCTP vehicles the warranty starts the day the vehicle leaves the FCTP program.

I personally bought an FCTP Ford Escape last year. It left the program in April 2021 and I bought it in August 2021, so when I took possession it had ~38 months left on the warranty period.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Bschurr, the poacher

Rank I

Jun 18, 2022

Yes, dealer mannequins are provided with an extra year and 12,000 miles of warranty. Comes out to be 42-months/42,000 miles. It’s part of the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program.

Vehicles in FCTP are designed to be loaner/demo vehicles. Dealers are typically required to hold on to the vehicle until the end of the model year or put at least 2000 miles on the vehicle before they are sold… but for the Bronco there was a bunch of special exceptions to those rules (I think they had to hold onto them for at least 7 months, and there was no mileage requirement). Unlike most new vehicles where the warranty starts when the vehicle is titled, with FCTP vehicles the warranty starts the day the vehicle leaves the FCTP program.

I personally bought an FCTP Ford Escape last year. It left the program in April 2021 and I bought it in August 2021, so when I took possession it had ~38 months left on the warranty period.
Thank you! My dealer had to hold on to it for 6 months, and then they could sell it. Is there a way for me to verify/prove that I have the extra time, or will the dealer already have it in their system when I have my first repair?

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 18, 2022

Thank you! My dealer had to hold on to it for 6 months, and then they could sell it. Is there a way for me to verify/prove that I have the extra time, or will the dealer already have it in their system when I have my first repair?
It’s in Ford’s system. Any Ford dealer should have access to that warranty information when they pull up the VIN.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
ruby1

Road trip!!!

Jun 19, 2022

My dealer said to take it out and put it through your testing LOL
You know the rule for saying that.

DRINK!!!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
ResidualGenius, Big Papa