Early Bronco Sport VS New Bronco Sport

mitchcreel
Mar 03, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 03, 2021

Hey guys! Wanted to reach out on the forums and ask you all a favor. So we recently uploaded a video where we raced my 1976 Ford Bronco against a new base model Bronco Sport. It was a fairly quick part of the video but we asked in the comments if people wanted to see a rematch. The people have spoken so a rematch video is in the works! Beyond just racing though, we wanted to make it a this VS that comparison for several categories. We already hinted at the performance category which includes racing, trails, etc. However, we also wanted to include a comparison of "creature comforts" such as AC, radio, etc. We have one more category but you'll have to wait for the video to see that. ;)With that said, I was wondering if there were any specific things you guys wanted us to highlight in the Early Bronco Sport VS New Bronco Sport video. If you can think of anything, leave them below. I'll check them out and hopefully work a few into the video! For now, if you haven't checked out the first race, here's a link to that video! Thanks in advance guys!
Mal, bdawson24
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 03, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 03, 2021

Hey Mitch,
Which is better for camping?
Can you comfortably sleep inside?
How about gear on the roof?
What about Easter eggs?
How about a bottle opener? ;)
Keep up the great work you do!
Jakob1972, benjaminkrawiec

Rank III

Mar 04, 2021

Awesome, awesome video! I would be fan boying so hard getting to ride with Jr. Ive been following him for years in his professional career in FD and love what he does and what he stands for! I think Buzzy has all the info covered for the questions I could think of as well!

Keep up the great work!
mitchcreel, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

Hey @mitchcreel

Last night I gave more thought to your rematch. So here goes!

We know the rematch will not be a “Stock to Stock” comparison. Those who watch “Wild Horses Bronco TV” know you have devoted long hours with sweat and tears to modify the Pitbull. Maybe over the next year, you will modify the Bronco Sport (Needs a name like Buck.) and then we can witness another head-to-head.

However, this rematch turns out, maybe you can give us a heads-up on your first two modifications to the Bronco Sport. (A teaser for the next episode.) Of course, the Pitbull will need the love as well, so what is planned for that guy in 2021?
Jakob1972

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Mar 04, 2021

Well this will further the confusion that the Bronco Sport is a real Bronco ,LOL . This would be a more fair comparison if it were a Bronco II Vs the new bronco Sport .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

Hey guys! Wanted to reach out on the forums and ask you all a favor. So we recently uploaded a video where we raced my 1976 Ford Bronco against a new base model Bronco Sport. It was a fairly quick part of the video but we asked in the comments if people wanted to see a rematch. The people have spoken so a rematch video is in the works! Beyond just racing though, we wanted to make it a this VS that comparison for several categories. We already hinted at the performance category which includes racing, trails, etc. However, we also wanted to include a comparison of "creature comforts" such as AC, radio, etc. We have one more category but you'll have to wait for the video to see that. ;)With that said, I was wondering if there were any specific things you guys wanted us to highlight in the Early Bronco Sport VS New Bronco Sport video. If you can think of anything, leave them below. I'll check them out and hopefully work a few into the video! For now, if you haven't checked out the first race, here's a link to that video! Thanks in advance guys!
I will always watch a video by Mitch Creel!!!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

Hmmm trying to get the compairison here?
yet not getting it...
Its like Clint Eastwood in that movie
Bridges of Madison County.
Where i kept waiting for him to pull out some iron, mumble a one liner, and plug a hole in someone.
...and it never happens.
Sdakotabronco, Rydfree

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

yet not getting it...
Where i kept waiting for him to pull out some iron, mumble a one liner, and plug a hole in someone.
...and it never happens.

Same here. The "original" Sport was just an add on package 67'-77', mostly just chrome trim and bumpers and a different bronco emblem that said Sport. Otherwise it was physically and mechanically identical to every other 66'-77' out there.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Rydfree

Trusted and Carefree

Mar 04, 2021

@mitchcreel- What was the deal with the "timeout"?

Liked the video and looks like y'all had a good time. Also cool that full-size adults could sit in the back of the two-door. I have lost that battle here at the house (have to get a four door) due to the presence of my fun-sized kiddos. I just keep telling myself the longer wheel base will be worth it.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Jakob1972

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

yet not getting it...
...and it never happens.
Same here. The "original" Sport was just an add on package 67'-77', mostly just chrome trim and bumpers and a different bronco emblem that said Sport. Otherwise it was physically and mechanically identical to every other 66'-77' out there.

This comparison is mostly a "new technology VS old technology" thing. Of course, if we had the 2 door or 4 door Bronco, we would be doing this video with those. That just goes to say that once we do have the big Broncos, we will release a fairly similar video. I know there is a lot of cloudiness related to the Bronco Sport but we still thought it was worth putting up against a classic. And while we haven't technically done the performance comparison yet, everyone knows the classic is going to destroy the Sport in rock climbing. :ROFLMAO: this video will pretty much be a "we told you so" for everyone that has doubts about the Sport's capabilities. BUT because a vehicle isn't measured by how well it can climb rocks, that is why we will be going over other categories to compare.
Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

@mitchcreel- What was the deal with the "timeout"?

Liked the video and looks like y'all had a good time. Also cool that full-size adults could sit in the back of the two-door. I have lost that battle here at the house (have to get a four door) due to the presence of my fun-sized kiddos. I just keep telling myself the longer wheel base will be worth it.

We still don't really know :LOL: but everything is back to normal now. We talked with our Ford friends and sent them a clip of what we were seeing. Hopefully they solved that issue in other vehicles...if it was an issue. Maybe it was just us being stupid haha
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

Hey @mitchcreel

Last night I gave more thought to your rematch. So here goes!

We know the rematch will not be a “Stock to Stock” comparison. Those who watch “Wild Horses Bronco TV” know you have devoted long hours with sweat and tears to modify the Pitbull. Maybe over the next year, you will modify the Bronco Sport (Needs a name like Buck.) and then we can witness another head-to-head.

However, this rematch turns out, maybe you can give us a heads-up on your first two modifications to the Bronco Sport. (A teaser for the next episode.) Of course, the Pitbull will need the love as well, so what is planned for that guy in 2021?

Love the suggestions! I'm definitely taking notes haha
Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

We still don't really know :LOL: but everything is back to normal now. We talked with our Ford friends and sent them a clip of what we were seeing. Hopefully they solved that issue in other vehicles...if it was an issue. Maybe it was just us being stupid haha
@mitchcreel you are finding the "gremlins".
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

@mitchcreel you are finding the "gremlins".

We are definitely finding something! haha :LOL:
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Mar 04, 2021

Mitch you need to do some real world comparisons like getting groceries, or loading up screaming 3 year olds or loading lazy Great Danes, in each and see which one is better. It’s gotta be plurals not just one kid or dog.
Edit: do kids and dogs.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Rydfree, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 04, 2021

@mitchcreel Do not ever stop! The best part of the Wild Horses Bronco TV videos is the misadventures. You can not make that up, it is hilarious.

I knew the issue with the Bronco Sport would be a minor hiccup since Jim was driving. We all know Mitch+ Wheeling Donuts+Bronco with Auto = Major Repair! Love that since we then learn all about the repair! Now that is entertainment! My side aches from the laughter!
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Mar 04, 2021

This comparison is mostly a "new technology VS old technology" thing. Of course, if we had the 2 door or 4 door Bronco, we would be doing this video with those. That just goes to say that once we do have the big Broncos, we will release a fairly similar video. I know there is a lot of cloudiness related to the Bronco Sport but we still thought it was worth putting up against a classic. And while we haven't technically done the performance comparison yet, everyone knows the classic is going to destroy the Sport in rock climbing. :ROFLMAO: this video will pretty much be a "we told you so" for everyone that has doubts about the Sport's capabilities. BUT because a vehicle isn't measured by how well it can climb rocks, that is why we will be going over other categories to compare.

That was kind of my point too, both were created for two entirely different purposes...........old was not for comfort, mpg or abilities but rather just for the abilities. Whereas the new Sport was created for all three. The Moab video where the Sport is following around the 21' Broncos is pretty revealing, the Sport navigates some rugged terrain in comfort.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Bronclahoma, Jakob1972