Downpipes

Speed Devil
Jan 18, 2022

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jan 18, 2022

Where are they?

If I'm gonna spend $$$ on my exhaust, I want performance, not sound. @MRTperformance @AWE Brandon @LethalPerformance , anyone working on anything, or is it just another cat and axleback?
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Bronco 202?, the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

@Speed Devil - you planning anything on the intake side?
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
LR48, Speed Devil

Jan 19, 2022

@Speed Devil - you planning anything on the intake side?

KN filter already installed
7257C067-FD5E-4F9C-B088-A0B319D3FFC9.jpeg09CF3F78-11AB-4B05-8319-715AEF356561.jpeg
LR48, the poacher

Rank II

Jan 19, 2022

KN filter already installed
View attachment 26484View attachment 26485

are you noticing any difference in performance?
Speed Devil

Jan 19, 2022

are you noticing any difference in performance?

Not too much, but I do hear the whoosh from it, do feel a pinch faster, but for the price, can't really beat it.

If Roush sold just the upper lid for their CAI, I'd buy it asap, all I really need now is the window to see the filter to know when to cleaner it sooner rather than later
Big Papa, Darrel

Rank II

Jan 19, 2022

Not too much, but I do hear the whoosh from it, do feel a pinch faster, but for the price, can't really beat it.

If Roush sold just the upper lid for their CAI, I'd buy it asap, all I really need now is the window to see the filter to know when to cleaner it sooner rather than later

I'll go to a K&N too but I'm only on my second week with my new toy.
Darrel, Speed Devil

Jan 19, 2022

I'll go to a K&N too but I'm only on my second week with my new toy.

Enjoy her! If you need any parts suggestions, I can give you recommendations

Really waiting for a full on turboback set up, but also waiting to see whether it's droney or not on the highway. My old Audi, I loved it, but after I did the catback, around 2500-3k, DRONED. After that, I wait to see what people say, as I'd rather get the power and slight noise rather than noise and slight power
Skip, Bronco V-8

Rank V

Jan 19, 2022

Where are they?

If I'm gonna spend $$$ on my exhaust, I want performance, not sound. @MRTperformance @AWE Brandon @LethalPerformance , anyone working on anything, or is it just another cat and axleback?
Agreed, I went with the MBRP full cat-back (S5237AL) instead of the MRT. The MRT sounded decent, but for just an axle back exhaust (basically a muffler replacement), it seemed a bit pricey. Plus, I ran MBRP on my 2017 F250 and it really woke it up. You could barely tell a difference at idle, but once you got on the highway at WOT, it came alive. Very little drone at cruising either.

My Bronco is still waiting to be born (2/7), once it comes in, I will post pics/ opinions on how how I like everything. I also ordered the K&N (KN0634) and a UPR catch can (5030-275-1).

I'm going to wait on the down pipe and intercooler until I actually have the Bronco (I have plenty of parts to install already lol)
the poacher, Deano Bronc

Jan 19, 2022

Agreed, I went with the MBRP full cat-back (S5237AL) instead of the MRT. The MRT sounded decent, but for just an axle back exhaust (basically a muffler replacement), it seemed a bit pricey. Plus, I ran MBRP on my 2017 F250 and it really woke it up. You could barely tell a difference at idle, but once you got on the highway at WOT, it came alive. Very little drone at cruising either.

My Bronco is still waiting to be born (2/7), once it comes in, I will post pics/ opinions on how how I like everything. I also ordered the K&N (KN0634) and a UPR catch can (5030-275-1).

I'm going to wait on the down pipe and intercooler until I actually have the Bronco (I have plenty of parts to install already lol)

I'm waiting for the shop next door to be free to install my catch can, while I'll look up the MBRP as we speak.

Thanks for the recommendation, Mike
the poacher

Mar 10, 2022

Reviving this as I heard Fast Intentions is planning a turboback set up

Rank IV

Mar 15, 2022

Is anyone going to do a catless downpipe or are they going to be all catted?
2022 2-Door Bronco | Black Diamond | Cactus Green | Manual 2.3l
2015 VW GTI S | Manual
1997 C5 Corvette | Manual
the poacher, Speed Devil

Rank V

Mar 15, 2022

Downpipe and Test Pipe options would be nice additions to any exhaust upgrade. Keep us posted if anyone offers em in a complete kit.

Btw. I went with the whipple cone filter over K&N in my 2.3 MT because of its "V" top design. More airflow. Its actually mfg by S&B Filter Co. Been using their filters 20 years. Better than K&N.

20220204_134244.jpg20220204_134306.jpg20220204_134336.jpg20220204_134435.jpg
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
the poacher, Ditchrunner

Mar 15, 2022

Is anyone going to do a catless downpipe or are they going to be all catted?

both, not all areas have emissions or strict emissions, mustang guy I bought used rotors and pads from last year as a xmas gift to my friend said he runs catless in queens, so ymmv depending on where ya live

still doing high flow, like the metallic rasp
bigbeak

Rank V

Mar 15, 2022

both, not all areas have emissions or strict emissions, mustang guy I bought used rotors and pads from last year as a xmas gift to my friend said he runs catless in queens, so ymmv depending on where ya live

I use to run DP, high flow cat and later a test pipe with tanebe exhaust installed on my old 96TT Stealth (only 57 made) here in California up until Q1 2020 when I sold it. 2018-2019 were very strict times here for exhaust, but I didn't care living in the desert. Exhaust laws have since changed for the better thank goodness. But still don't get caught without a cat here or your car is gone. Wish I would have waited to sell it until Q2 2020 or later after pandemic hit bc nobody was on roads.

Anyway, the tanebe exhaust was nice nor cheap. The high flow cat was good. The downpipes opened it up. And swapping the high flow cat for test pipe was golden! So much more power and sound. But not stupid loud. Very clean. Fast!

When I sold it I installed a cat converter back on while keeping DP and exhaust installed, was like I added a silencer and an anker :(

Gone but not forgotten. So is the Spyder, its evil twin.

Screenshot_20191118-092613_Gallery.jpg
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
Forditude, Speed Devil

Gladesmen

Mar 15, 2022

Downpipe and Test Pipe options would be nice additions to any exhaust upgrade. Keep us posted if anyone offers em in a complete kit.

Btw. I went with the whipple cone filter over K&N in my 2.3 MT because of its "V" top design. More airflow. Its actually mfg by S&B Filter Co. Been using their filters 20 years. Better than K&N.

View attachment 31564View attachment 31565View attachment 31566View attachment 31567
Ooooh I like the Blue. Always steered clear of the K&N after all the information about turbos and K&N letting just a tad too much dust through, I used run them on my NA cars though. they actually work better after they have some dirt on them. and as dusty of a road I live down.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
NT AUTOMOTIVE, Speed Devil

Gladesmen

Mar 15, 2022

I use to run DP, high flow cat and later a test pipe with tanebe exhaust installed on my old 96TT Stealth (only 57 made) here in California up until Q1 2020 when I sold it. 2018-2019 were very strict times here for exhaust, but I didn't care living in the desert. Exhaust laws have since changed for the better thank goodness. But still don't get caught without a cat here or your car is gone. Wish I would have waited to sell it until Q2 2020 or later after pandemic hit bc nobody was on roads.

Anyway, the tanebe exhaust was nice nor cheap. The high flow cat was good. The downpipes opened it up. And swapping the high flow cat for test pipe was golden! So much more power and sound. But not stupid loud. Very clean. Fast!

When I sold it I installed a cat converter back on while keeping DP and exhaust installed, was like I added a silencer and an anker :(

View attachment 31568
Love the 3000 GT and Stealth. I would love to have a 1992 3000GT VR4 I like the pop-up head lights.
I worked for the local Jag/Ferrari/Lotus/Mitsu dealership back in the early 90's, I had to drive a VR4 from San Antonio to Amarillo:D for a dealer trade. Had to drive back a Mitsu Pickup :cry:
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
NT AUTOMOTIVE

Mar 15, 2022

View attachment 31568

Always wanted to drive one, what was it like?

Ooooh I like the Blue. Always steered clear of the K&N after all the information about turbos and K&N letting just a tad too much dust through, I used run them on my NA cars though. they actually work better after they have some dirt on them. and as dusty of a road I live down.

Should I bother switching? No issues here, but might as well also get a cleaning kit as I do drive a lot

Rank IV

Mar 15, 2022

I live in ohio, so no worries here. All my cars are catless and have never had an issue. Looking forward to it!
2022 2-Door Bronco | Black Diamond | Cactus Green | Manual 2.3l
2015 VW GTI S | Manual
1997 C5 Corvette | Manual
Speed Devil

Rank V

Mar 15, 2022

difference is just from switching to the K&N filter?
Speed Devil

Mar 15, 2022

difference is just from switching to the K&N filter?

Well the weathers getting nicer, you really notice it with 3rd gear, the whole woosh and stuff. Again, it's not like you can really hear it with the radio on, that's more from what Mishimoto's working on, but if you turn off the radio and play with it in 3rd (2500-3k, go and back off, go again), you'll hear it, puts a smile on your face
MattH2os