Doug Demuro Review of the Bronco

tlowell01
Oct 13, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

Figured the community might be interested...Youtube car reviewer Doug Demuro has been given the opportunity by Ford to do a review of a pre-production Bronco (without engine). You can find the video at the below link.

Doug Demuro Bronco Review
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
nic, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

Thanks for sharing. I watched his video and was disappointed. He got a lot of stuff wrong and did not do his homework on the Bronco before hand. I am confident that anyone from this forum knows more about features and so forth. Kind of a bummer because I think he did this just for views on Youtube.
LoneRanger, Temper

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

Thanks for sharing. I watched his video and was disappointed. He got a lot of stuff wrong and did not do his homework on the Bronco before hand. I am confident that anyone from this forum knows more about features and so forth. Kind of a bummer because I think he did this just for views on Youtube.

True, but I just love seeing a 2 door Bronco. I did learn how the doors have a "Lift" location. As we all get more knowledgeable these videos have a harder time showing us something new. However, I can not seem to stop watching them and I get excited when I learn just one new tidbit. It is going to be a long time until June/July 2021!
Deano Bronc, Bronc96
SandboxGeneral

Oct 13, 2020

Yup. Doug didn’t do his homework at all on this. He could have just come here and viewed the threads, watched the videos from BN and Ford and listened to the podcasts to learn so much more.

That aside, that truck is on 37’s and looks massive and imposing! Doug is like 6’2” or 6’3” tall, and he looks small next to it.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

True, but I just love seeing a 2 door Bronco. I did learn how the doors have a "Lift" location. As we all get more knowledgeable these videos have a harder time showing us something new. However, I can not seem to stop watching them and I get excited when I learn just one new tidbit. It is going to be a long time until June/July 2021!
Good point. I agree and like you I can’t stop watching these videos.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Gladesmen

Oct 13, 2020

Yup. Doug didn’t do his homework at all on this. He could have just come here and viewed the threads, watched the videos from BN and Ford and listened to the podcasts to learn so much more.

That aside, that truck is on 37’s and looks massive and imposing! Doug is like 6’2” or 6’3” tall, and he looks small next to it.
Yeah seems like Doug doesn’t really do homework on most cars unless it is a super/hyper car. I think he just stumbles across the quirks and features, as he spends time with the car. I just loved when he was reviewing an old Lincoln and he couldn’t believe the air conditioning controls was on the left side of the steering wheel. That was pretty common in the 70s my 75 mustang had that.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Bsooudi, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

I agree that there are any number of people on this forum that would not have made the factual errors that he did, but to be slightly fair to him, he doesn't eat, sleep, and dream Bronco the way we do. Its just one more car for him to review, but hey, he does seem to be a fan.

Even though it was just a mock up, it is the first long form review that I've seen, and I did enjoy seeing the close ups of what the interior look like and the placement of the various controls and switches.

Besides I'm basically a junky at this point, I need my Bronco fix even if it isn't the best stuff!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Bsooudi
SandboxGeneral

Oct 13, 2020

I agree that there are any number of people on this forum that would not have made the factual errors that he did, but to be slightly fair to him, he doesn't eat, sleep, and dream Bronco the way we do. Its just one more car for him to review, but hey, he does seem to be a fan.
I get that and agree that he's not eating this stuff up like we are. However, he is a professional car reviewer and car enthusiast, and I would think he could have done a little research on it prior to doing the video. At this point, there is a ton of information available that he could have found in a few minutes of searching. Or better yet, ask questions to the Ford reps who let him look at and touch that prototype that no one else will ever get close to again.

For example, he thinks the Bronco Bolts are neat and cool. But I found out almost immediately back in July that the Bronco Bolts are meant for the user to remove and swap out accessories. They're more than just neat and cool.
Bsooudi, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2020

I know the Bronco was a preproduction but I couldn’t help noticing the heated steering wheel button. It was next to the driver’s heated seat control. It looked like three levels of heat control. My current F150 has just on or off. Anyone else see that?
Bsooudi
SandboxGeneral

Oct 13, 2020

I know the Bronco was a preproduction but I couldn’t help noticing the heated steering wheel button. It was next to the driver’s heated seat control. It looked like three levels of heat control. My current F150 has just on or off. Anyone else see that?
Yeah, even my MKZ is just on/off for the steering wheel.
Bsooudi, BuzzyBud
SandboxGeneral

Oct 14, 2020

I went back to the video for a second look and took a screenshot and a screenshot from Ford's website of the interior. Keeping in mind what Doug was looking at was all fake and not real in any sense of the word for a vehicle.
On the video it clearly shows three levels for the steering wheel, and the Ford website only on/off.

Though I wouldn't mind two or three settings of heat for the steering wheel. My MKZ can get really hot in certain areas of the wheel.

There is even a heat button for the mirrors. Is that a thing on any vehicle where you can turn them on manually? Every vehicle I've encountered or owned, they were automatic.

ArcoLinux_2020-10-13_20-18-02.pngArcoLinux_2020-10-13_20-18-17.png
BuzzyBud, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

I went back to the video for a second look and took a screenshot and a screenshot from Ford's website of the interior. Keeping in mind what Doug was looking at was all fake and not real in any sense of the word for a vehicle.
On the video it clearly shows three levels for the steering wheel, and the Ford website only on/off.

Though I wouldn't mind two or three settings of heat for the steering wheel. My MKZ can get really hot in certain areas of the wheel.

There is even a heat button for the mirrors. Is that a thing on any vehicle where you can turn them on manually? Every vehicle I've encountered or owned, they were automatic.

View attachment 4582View attachment 4581

You are correct that does look like a mirror heater button! I think it is both a rear defroster and heated mirror combined. That is what my F150 does. My symbol is different. Could not find a separate rear defroster button only.
See each video can have little tidbits! Are we having fun yet?!
nic, Bsooudi

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

That video was premature. Should have waited till he could do a proper review of a fully baked version.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

It feels like he recorded this awhile ago. Def should have waited for a production vehicle, but he said he was going to review it again. All-in-all I was fine with the review. I feel like half of the attraction to doug's video is just his personality.
[O- 725 -O]
BuzzyBud
SandboxGeneral

Oct 14, 2020

From Doug's "More Doug" YouTube channel. A behind the scenes talk about how he was able to get this prototype Bronco. Pretty interesting overall.

Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Oct 17, 2020

I was really wanting to see the vehicle closer up, this is probably as close as I‘ll get for a while. Thought?

Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
JFord, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Oct 17, 2020

I was really wanting to see the vehicle closer up, this is probably as close as I‘ll get for a while. Thought?

I’m going to look for that “Lift” accent on the doors at the Moab event. Also interesting comparing that mock up prototype to the more functional ones that have been on display.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
BuzzyBud, JFord

Road trip!!!

Oct 17, 2020

I watched that video earlier today. He said that Bronco didn’t have an engine in it.

It looks like it has a 2” lift. Has lots of clearance around the wheel wells.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
BuzzyBud, JFord

Gladesmen

Oct 17, 2020

I watched that video earlier today. He said that Bronco didn’t have an engine in it.

It looks like it has a 2” lift. Has lots of clearance around the wheel wells.
Yeah and 37s to boot.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Road trip!!!

Oct 17, 2020

Yeah and 37s to boot.
In the video he says they are 37’s..
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.