Does the Outer Banks have anything over on the Wildtrak?

bek
Jul 22, 2020

Last Chance

Jul 22, 2020

So I've been looking at specs for days and my head is spinning.

I really don't see anything the Outer Banks offers that the Wildtrak doesn't already have, plus two key packages (2.7L and Sasquatch). I am all about the Luxury, but both have the mid packages and are upgradeable to Lux.

Am I missing anything, besides maybe a little additional soundproofing in the Outer Banks? I'm just thinking that rather than add 3 packages to the Outer Banks, I can add one package to the Wildtrak (Lux) and get a better overall vehicle.
2023 Two-Door Wildtrak: Reserved 6/13/21, Ordered 11/1/21, Reordered for 2023 model year 10/4/2022, Build date received on 3/2/2023. Scheduled for week of April 24 17(!), 2023. Only took two years.
maxmillian1
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2020

Rank II

Jul 22, 2020

The Outer Banks is more of a style vehicle then an off roading one. Also it’s kind of middle of the pack as far as trims go where as the WildTrak is supposed to be the top of the line Bronco and the best one built for off-road. That’s why the outer banks doesn’t have the modular front bumper, steel rear bumper, or bash plates like the new new better built for off-roading. Hope this helps!
Bt_ostate, Speed Devil

Last Chance

Jul 22, 2020

The Outer Banks is more of a style vehicle then an off roading one. Also it’s kind of middle of the pack as far as trims go where as the WildTrak is supposed to be the top of the line Bronco and the best one built for off-road. That’s why the outer banks doesn’t have the modular front bumper, steel rear bumper, or bash plates like the new new better built for off-roading. Hope this helps!

I definitely get the advantages of the Wildtrak, but was going the other way... since the Outer Banks is about luxury, what does it offer that the Wildtrak doesn't?
2023 Two-Door Wildtrak: Reserved 6/13/21, Ordered 11/1/21, Reordered for 2023 model year 10/4/2022, Build date received on 3/2/2023. Scheduled for week of April 24 17(!), 2023. Only took two years.

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2020

I definitely get the advantages of the Wildtrak, but was going the other way... since the Outer Banks is about luxury, what does it offer that the Wildtrak doesn't?
The Outer Banks seems to be for people who want some luxuries, but don’t care as much about off-roading, so it offers just that along with the options to add more creature comfort. The Wildtrak offers the same level of luxury (probably with a bit more of a sporty design) with the options to add more creature comfort as well, AND the off-road capabilities.

So essentially the Outer Banks is the same, but an overall less sporty, more street kinda design.
Bt_ostate, Speed Devil

Rank II

Jul 22, 2020

The Outer Banks has 18” machined face aluminum wheels, and the Wildtrak has 17” beadlock capable wheels. Other than that and the fact that OB is slightly Cheaper than WT, it doesn’t offer a whole lot else. If it were me, I would get the WT with the Lux Package, because that’s gonna be probably the Bronco that has the most Bells and Whistles, along with style, luxury and comfort.
Bt_ostate, bek

Last Chance

Jul 22, 2020

The Outer Banks has 18” machined face aluminum wheels, and the Wildtrak has 17” beadlock capable wheels. Other than that and the fact that OB is slightly Cheaper than WT, it doesn’t offer a whole lot else. If it were me, I would get the WT with the Lux Package, because that’s gonna be probably the Bronco that has the most Bells and Whistles, along with style, luxury and comfort.

Thanks, TheBigOlPikachu and runningwaters. I think you are right. I am probably going to switch my order to the Wildtrak. I do a lot of cross-country driving. Doing it in a Jeep JK right now, and I enjoy it quite a bit (except when I hit a rough patch and the Jeep skitters all over the road), so the luxury items matter more to me than to most people. However, I do hit the creek beds in the mountains of West Virginia a little, and the 2.7L is a really nice "want to have" item, too!

Rank II

Jul 22, 2020

Since I am not going to be headed to Utah (live in Michigan) I think that the Outerbanks model will work just fine for what I plan on doing (and yes it will go to Silver Lake Sand Dunes). I think there are going to be a lot of "over purchased" broncos out there where people rarely take them offroad. But I can live with that as I have been earning for this thing for 3+ years!
Bronco Joe, bek

Rank 0

Jul 22, 2020

Outer banks is kinda of like the Sahara of jeep
Bt_ostate, bek

Rank V

Jul 22, 2020

With pricing on packages still not out, an Outer Banks with the Squatch and Lux package selected, it MIGHT be the ticket and save you a bit in comparison to the Wildtrak MSRP plus any "want to" upgrades.
'06 Ranger FX4- headers, MBRP, tuner & Mickey Thompsons
'65 F100 with a crunchy 390 & a lot of good parts
Crowdesign1, bek

Last Chance

Jul 22, 2020

With pricing on packages still not out, an Outer Banks with the Squatch and Lux package selected, it MIGHT be the ticket and save you a bit in comparison to the Wildtrak MSRP plus any "want to" upgrades.

Yeah, I've been debating that. I don't think I can get any farther without knowing the prices of these packages.

Standing Grumpy Face

Jul 22, 2020

The OBX is more style. Painted fenders and door handles, 18" wheels.

Rank V

Jul 22, 2020

The OBX is more style. Painted fenders and door handles, 18" wheels.
Beauty is in the eye. I can't wait to see how truly modular this beast is. I already have a few ideas I'm definitely customizing mine with!
'06 Ranger FX4- headers, MBRP, tuner & Mickey Thompsons
'65 F100 with a crunchy 390 & a lot of good parts
bek

Rank IV

Oct 07, 2020

So I've been looking at specs for days and my head is spinning.

I really don't see anything the Outer Banks offers that the Wildtrak doesn't already have, plus two key packages (2.7L and Sasquatch). I am all about the Luxury, but both have the mid packages and are upgradeable to Lux.

Am I missing anything, besides maybe a little additional soundproofing in the Outer Banks? I'm just thinking that rather than add 3 packages to the Outer Banks, I can add one package to the Wildtrak (Lux) and get a better overall vehicle.
I have been contemplating the OBX vs Wildtrak as well. I noticed the Wildtrak also comes with the Aux switch standard, has Baja mode, and better axles than the OBX. Unfortunately, you lose the tube rails and painted fenders and handles with the Wildtrak I do not really need Sasquatch, but more and more I really like the look of the larger tires and height. I can get all this done after market for a little less, but I like the idea of paying a little more and getting it straight from the factory.
bek, Ronnieraiz

Rank 0

Mar 11, 2021

Roast Interior is making me want to change my order to Outer Banks from Wildtrak, Sandstone
Deano Bronc

Last Chance

Oct 28, 2021

I have been contemplating the OBX vs Wildtrak as well. I noticed the Wildtrak also comes with the Aux switch standard, has Baja mode, and better axles than the OBX. Unfortunately, you lose the tube rails and painted fenders and handles with the Wildtrak I do not really need Sasquatch, but more and more I really like the look of the larger tires and height. I can get all this done after market for a little less, but I like the idea of paying a little more and getting it straight from the factory.

What did you ever decide?

I gave up on the Bronco for close to a year... now am back and am ordering TOMORROW! Still can't decide between Outer Banks and Wildtrak! The Wildtrak is overkill for what I need, but those big tires and lift sure do look nice.

Rank III

Oct 28, 2021

my obx sas mod lux is equipped the same as the wild track less the baha goat mode and dis sway bar for about the same price as the wild track. other difference one will prob get the obx before the WT
MY22 OBX ,HPR , SAS , 2.7AUTO , 4DOOR , SOFT TOP , LUX ,MOD BUMPER , TOW
bek

Last Chance

Oct 28, 2021

my obx sas mod lux is equipped the same as the wild track less the baha goat mode and dis sway bar for about the same price as the wild track. other difference one will prob get the obx before the WT

That's interesting... if about the same price, why did you choose the OBX? Because you get the Lux for the same price as the base WT?

Rank III

Oct 28, 2021

That's interesting... if about the same price, why did you choose the OBX? Because you get the Lux for the same price as the base WT?
mostly because i will get it sooner.. the high demand wild track will be slow to get
bek

Rank III

Oct 28, 2021

from another group.. the % show how available that is2021-bronco-commodities-constraints-october27.png
bek

Last Chance

Oct 28, 2021

mostly because i will get it sooner.. the high demand wild track will be slow to get

That's a darn good point. Thanks, tobands.
tobands