Does the new Bronco come with heated wiper blades?

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

My little Subie Crosstrek has heated wiper blades, not perfect but they do work. I don't remember seeing if the new Bronco has heated wipers blades or not.

I was just watching this video (I'm not endorsing TFL) and they bring up a good point. Wondering if the new Bronco has heated wiper blades?

Bsooudi

Rank VI

Don't delete

Jul 26, 2020
Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Sooudi
Member #

I have a Gladiator and what they show in video is true when it’s cold and it snows. Struggled with it last winter. It’s not about heated blades but where and how far the defrost hits the glass. On the Jeep it sucks, therefore the ice build up on the blades. The glass is cold. Hopefully, the vent for defrost on the Bronco will cover more areas of the front windshield and this won’t be a problem.

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

I've not seeing anything about heated wiper blades.

Although living in Arizona, its not something that resonates for me.

The question for me is how many windshields will I go through in the first year!

jpesaturo

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 10, 2020
First Name
John
Last Name
Pesaturo
I do not believe they will be heated either. I've seen no mention of anything of the sort. I had them on my WRX (yet another Subie) and they were great but really not needed for most people. I think the Subie dealerships listed it as a "Cold Weather" package which had heated seats and wipers. Though as some have already relayed the blades themselves are not heated there is simply a defrost wire (or three) under where the wiper blade sits.

Reactions: Broncofly

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
Just a clarification on a Subaru the blades themselves are not heated, there is defrost elements in the windshield where the blades lay on the windshield.
Just thinking that heated mirrors will be a luxury for me, and I live in snow country, lol...

Reactions: SlashRacer

Hkak45

Rank V

Supporter III

Sep 11, 2020
Illinois, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Kilowaski
Member #

As much as I have gotten use to driving blind because of the wipers being iced up.... I really think it would be nice if the bronco did have this! My 4Runner has it and it has saved me many headaches by not having to worry about the ice build up on the blades. I don’t care about heated seats as it always makes me feel like I soiled myself when it gets hot lol but I do love heated mirrors and heated element where the wiper sits. Fingers crossed it has this or at least had a defroster that can reach where the wiper sits.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
My 4Runner has them and if you live in snow country like I do you don't know what you are missing until you have them.

When you need them you need them and nothing is more frustrating than having to lean as far forward as possible, open window, get blasted by the snow and ice, stick a bare hand out and try and grab the blade as it hits the up cycle so that you can do the old grab and slap to knock ice off at highways speeds. Tasking your eyes off the road in blizzard conditions isn't the safest either and pulling off the road to do it is no better since there is probably a snow berm to contend with and you are vulnerable to all of the traffic in low visibility. Not to mention you have to keep doing it every few minutes and pulling over every time would take forever. Worth every penny if you drive alot in winter conditions IMO.

Reactions: JR007 and Vigor