Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Twill, And I love it

at points its noisier than the hard top, but if I wanna go topless, its less than a few mins than needing two people and power tools

thats awesome, what kinda bike does she have?
View attachment 41384
Older Honda Rebel 450. It's in fantastic condition and hasn't been ridden much. She says it needs a little work but not sure what. It's been sitting for almost 2 years so I'm ready for it to find a new home.

Fillups

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 29, 2022
Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Geoff
Last Name
Phillips
I am! And here's a topic: the roof panels on the 2-door are a little less than 2" longer than the front panels on the 4-door. :LOL:
This is a really cool fact to me actually… I have 2-door on order and like everybody else am thinking of accessories. Mainly the Bestop Sunrider partial soft top to be able to throw the top back easily.

I’ve had convertibles in the past and was thinking that just removing the roof panels will feel more like a large sunroof and not give that open-air feeling, but if the panels are couple inches longer maybe my brain will be tricked into thinking it’s a convertible!

Reactions: gaizon

Laura

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Champion I

Mar 18, 2021
Michigan, Detroit, MI, USA
www.instagram.com
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Zielinski
Member #

This is a really cool fact to me actually… I have 2-door on order and like everybody else am thinking of accessories. Mainly the Bestop Sunrider partial soft top to be able to throw the top back easily.

I’ve had convertibles in the past and was thinking that just removing the roof panels will feel more like a large sunroof and not give that open-air feeling, but if the panels are couple inches longer maybe my brain will be tricked into thinking it’s a convertible!
Yeah, and with the two door, those really long windows help. If you have the front panels off and the windows down, it feels very open. I sit high though, so I feel like the frame of the windshield and the mirror especially get in my way, but having only had closed in XJs, I'm not complaining!

Broncodino

Rank III

Advocate I

Apr 7, 2021
Cleveland, OH, USA
First Name
Armand
Last Name
Accordino
Member #

Yeah, and with the two door, those really long windows help. If you have the front panels off and the windows down, it feels very open. I sit high though, so I feel like the frame of the windshield and the mirror especially get in my way, but having only had closed in XJs, I'm not complaining!
I installed the Bestop Sunrider

Broncodino

Rank III

Advocate I

Apr 7, 2021
Cleveland, OH, USA
First Name
Armand
Last Name
Accordino
Member #

I installed the Bestop Sunrider and was impressed it turned out great. Handles get hot in the Sun and it’s a lot noisier on the highway but having a “drop top” is worth it. But going slow with top open can’t help but think 2.3L sounds like a diesel