Diode Dynamics SS3 Pods in Non modular Bumper

MhughesJr
Aug 27, 2021

Rank V

Aug 27, 2021

Hey everyone,
I just finished installing these SS3s SAE approved Pods and they are awesome!

I had to trim a smig but piece of cake!

I’ll post a link to the installation video this weekend.

Attachments

bertscw, R11
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 27, 2021

Nice mod to your Bronc, looks like those pods really throw out some light! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
the poacher, Steve777468

No Ragerts

Aug 27, 2021

Looks good & nice fab!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Diode Dynamics, MhughesJr

Pitter Patter Let's Get At 'Er!

Aug 27, 2021

Looks great! good job on the mod!
Big Bend| 4DR | Hardtop | Velocity Blue | Mid Package | Black Onyx Intr | Sasquatch.
Built -
4/19/22 | Delivered - 7/18/22
Steve777468, Diode Dynamics

Rank V

Aug 27, 2021

Hey everyone,
I just finished installing these SS3s SAE approved Pods and they are awesome!

I had to trim a smig but piece of cake!

I’ll post a link to the installation video this weekend.
Awesome job! Thanks for sharing your installation and feedback, Milton!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Diode Dynamics
Follow Us: FB // IG // YT // TikTok
MhughesJr, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 28, 2021

Well done, looks great!
Badlands 2dr, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Erupt Grn, Res 8/27/20, MY21-1/29/21
MY22-10/21/21, Sch 8/22/22, Blt 8/29/22, Ship 9/1/22, Del 9/16/22
MhughesJr

Rank V

Aug 29, 2021

KennyMac, the poacher

Rank V

Aug 29, 2021

bertscw, R11

Rank 0

Aug 29, 2021

Thanks for posting Pics.
MhughesJr

Rank V

Sep 01, 2021

Nice mod to your Bronc, looks like those pods really throw out some light! (y)
They are awesome way better then stock and work with the auto brights feature.
Bronc96

Rank V

Sep 01, 2021

If you guys could all like and subscribe to my channel, I can do more of these installs and reviews.
ChapEJF, Bronc96

Rank VI

Sep 01, 2021

If you guys could all like and subscribe to my channel, I can do more of these installs and reviews.
Done (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
MhughesJr

Rank V

Sep 02, 2021

Done. Really like your approach. Thanks,
4DR OBX, A51, 2.3L/Auto, Soft Top, High Package, 4.27 Locking Rear Diff, AUX Switches
Reserved: 7/14/20, Ordered: 1/29/21, Built: 9/7/21, Assumed the Reins: 9/14/21
MhughesJr

Rank V

Sep 02, 2021

Done. Really like your approach. Thanks,

Thank you!
ChapEJF

Rank V

Sep 02, 2021

Nice work dude! Been wondering about the bumper cover, hadn't looked at it, but hoped it popped off.

Picked up their SS3 fogs during the July 4 sale, so I might have to raise you an install on the base version of the non mod bumper, which doesn’t have spots for the fogs…or wiring!

What did you use to round out the factory hole? Dremel? I'm thinking maybe a hole saw might give me a good 'perfect-ish' circle since I have to start with no opening, at least in the cover. (Maybe there's a hole in the covered section...we'll see!)

@Diode Dynamics, do you happen to know whether one of your oem up fitter switch harness (which I enjoyed using on ditch lights) will reach to both fog locations?
@BASEQUATCH on instagram

Rank V

Sep 02, 2021

Nice work dude! Been wondering about the bumper cover, hadn't looked at it, but hoped it popped off.

Picked up their SS3 fogs during the July 4 sale, so I might have to raise you an install on the base version of the non mod bumper, which doesn’t have spots for the fogs…or wiring!

What did you use to round out the factory hole? Dremel? I'm thinking maybe a hole saw might give me a good 'perfect-ish' circle since I have to start with no opening, at least in the cover. (Maybe there's a hole in the covered section...we'll see!)

@Diode Dynamics, do you happen to know whether one of your oem up fitter switch harness (which I enjoyed using on ditch lights) will reach to both fog locations?
Hey there!

If you are referring to our OEM Auxiliary Switch Dual-Output Wiring Harness, all specifications are included on our dimensional diagram included on our listing for reference. We do offer DT extensions as well.

dd4056_aux_oem_switch_harness_dual_diagram.jpg

Please, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Diode Dynamics
Follow Us: FB // IG // YT // TikTok
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Sep 02, 2021

I used a Dremel with a sand paper end on speed 3 to sand out the spots I needed to fit the fogs.
Send me a picture of the back side of your bumper where the fog would be.

Rank V

Sep 03, 2021

I used a Dremel with a sand paper end on speed 3 to sand out the spots I needed to fit the fogs.
Send me a picture of the back side of your bumper where the fog would be.

Nice, I see there are holes in the bumper, under the cover! Hadn't bothered to look yet until yesterday.

IMG_6876.jpeg
@BASEQUATCH on instagram
ChapEJF

Rank V

Sep 10, 2021

Nice, I see there are holes in the bumper, under the cover! Hadn't bothered to look yet until yesterday.

View attachment 17767
I would mark it from the back and then pop the cover of or just order the covers from a big bend bronco at your dealership. You are also going to need the 8 tap in screws for the fogs and the wire harness.
R11