Did Ford get pressured into releasing the Bronco prematurely?

Calgecko
Jul 26, 2021

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jul 26, 2021

Seeing posts from people having problems from hard top fit/finish, to wind noise, to going into limp mode after playing in the sand, and other issues - starting to wonder - did Ford rush this thing to market too soon? I know people say that the first year of a new vehicle can be sketchy, but wow, these things are barely out, and it seems like there's a surprising number of issues with them.
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2021

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 26, 2021

Absolutely not.This thing should have been out years ago.Just the opposite, they have been holding back.
Speed Devil, AcesandEights

Rank VI

Jul 27, 2021

Ford released this when they thought they could make a profit. They didn't get pressured into anything. If they thought they could manufacture something and sell it for more than it cost to produce, they'd release it...and they did. You and I didn't force Ford to become a profitable corporation. Now, is Ford pressuring you to buy a Bronco?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Speed Devil, Gunninja1

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Jul 27, 2021

Ford released this when they thought they could make a profit. They didn't get pressured into anything. If they thought they could manufacture something and sell it for more than it cost to produce, they'd release it...and they did. You and I didn't force Ford to become a profitable corporation. Now, is Ford pressuring you to buy a Bronco?
Nope, not at all .. just seems like there are already a number of issues that are arising that never should be allowed to have happened, especially this quickly... just made me wonder if they started cutting more corners than usual in order to get them out the door
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks

Rank V

Jul 27, 2021

Also keep in mind that vehicle forums will bring out nearly every complaint or problem, and hardly ever any compliments or praise. When I bought my 2003 F250 with the new 6.0l, it wasn't long and I was on some of the diesel forums. The 6.0l did have problems in general for most, but there were a lot of good ones too, I had a good one. If I ever mentioned not having problems, folks would just flat out call me a liar lol. I don't know the total number of delivered broncos as of today, but when we see the complaints and problems compared to the total number of broncos out there, it will still be a low percentage I would imagine. The complaints do make it easy to trend what the common problems are for sure. Every little stitch in the upholstery will show up on a forum as a complaint, so keep that in mind, and prepare yourselves lol.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22

Life is a Highway

Jul 27, 2021

There is a certain amount of pressure yes, but more along the lines of down stream suppliers hoping and praying to stay afloat. They hope and pray that they can produce the numbers and quality that they promised, at a price point that will be profitable. Just like Ford is. With the “produce it as they go system“, one small hiccup in the food chain and everyone goes hungry. And I am starving

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 27, 2021

Look how fast they did the Ranger. They announced it and in a short time it was out.they were working to make a profit.Not sure what they are trying to do with the Bronco.

Technically the Bronco should have been to market even faster because it borrowed power trains from other vehicles.The frame architecture was borrowed from the Ranger,the Dana 44 axle has been around since the 40s, mechanically there is not much that had to be developed.
AcesandEights, okie4570