Details on Additional Sound Deadening Feature in 2021 Bronco High Package

Black&Blue

Rank III

Advocate II

Jun 5, 2020
Mora, NM 87732, USA
Member #

Hey @David , would you guys please consider doing a quick overview of the speaker systems in the Bronco? We have yet to get firm confirmation on where all the speaker locations are for the B&O system vs the stock system. I understand it's possible to fit more than one speaker into an opening and this very well might be the case for the B&O. However, you could also discuss the material differences of the cones or how Ford worked with B&O to optimize the sound levels given the design of the cabin etc etc. I would REALLY appreciate this as it is one of the main reasons I opted for the Lux package.
Ok, I have a headset (aviation based) and intercom system in my EB (see picture) for all the noise issues encountered at speed on the road... but never considered the B&O sound system for what I am going to be doing with my NB (New Bronco)... enjoying what the trail is offering... Soryy.

tourproto

Rank 0

Advocate I

Sep 10, 2021
Washington County
First Name
David
Last Name
Park
I hope this sound deadener is mouse and chipmunk proof. My 2006 F150 lost it all to the critters . Nesting in my air filter. I now tape moth balls to the firewall. It's a long story !
My boss had the engine compartment of two cars destroyed by squirrels and mice during the pandemic when he wasn't driving. One was a Maserati and the other was a Toyota Camry. Both were basically sitting outside parked for 6 months during the early phases of the pandemic. Squirrels and mice chewed up everything. Insulation, hoses, wiring.

Good to know that mothballs are noxious enough to keep those critters away.

Reactions: ABQNMBronco

Mal

Rank VI

Champion I

May 21, 2020
Albuquerque NM
Member #

My boss had the engine compartment of two cars destroyed by squirrels and mice during the pandemic when he wasn't driving. One was a Maserati and the other was a Toyota Camry. Both were basically sitting outside parked for 6 months during the early phases of the pandemic. Squirrels and mice chewed up everything. Insulation, hoses, wiring.
When I was stationed in Germany, marders destroyed all of our unit vehicles. Not all at once, but they got them all. Here's a Jalopnik piece on them.

It was a real pain. They only did it the night before you needed to be somewhere early....

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

When I was stationed in Germany, marders destroyed all of our unit vehicles. Not all at once, but they got them all. Here's a Jalopnik piece on them.

It was a real pain. They only did it the night before you needed to be somewhere early....
I lived that. We didn't have a garage when I was there and I was always paranoid about it.

Reactions: Mal